perks with winning wsop

When one wins the main event, the prize inlcudes the purse and the all coveted WSOP bracelet. But what other rewards that come along with the win? Endorsements? Discuss.

Well, you'll probably get sponsors all over the place.You'll get paid for making commercials and intervies.Possibly a book deal.

If you're fat, the world loves you (Greg Raymer)If you're ugly, the world respects you (Phil Hellmuth)If you're lucky, the world laughs at you (Chris Moneymaker)Thats what the WSOP wins for you. Hopefully, my life will improve three-fold :D

This is off the topic but in episode one of Tilt the Matador ,being an accomplished poker player who i assume has won a bracelet, had a woman in his bathroom to give him random hummers (can i say that). So I think relating this to real life, loose women would be at your mercy which if your not carrying over 2 bills of extra weight i'm sure its true. But getting back to that tilt scene, I really thought this was a really random scene and i was wondering if anyone remembered it.

here's the list i came up with:(1) endorsements/sponsors(2) people/associations willing to stake you(3)obviously the prize money (both raymer and moneymaker quit their day jobs)(4)the privilege and honor of hanging your picture up on the wall of great WSOP poker winnersPeace :D

If you're fat, the world loves you (Greg Raymer)If you're ugly, the world respects you (Phil Hellmuth)If you're lucky, the world laughs at you (Chris Moneymaker)Thats what the WSOP wins for you. Hopefully, my life will improve three-fold :D
tell me the next time you spend $40(or whatever the ridiculous low number it really is) to win the wsop so I can laugh at you. He might not be the best player out there but Im sick of hearing how bad he is, He won, live with it or do better.

I'm not sure if you come out of nowhere if you will get all the perks of a pro with a little more of resume of tournament wins. Any person who knows about poker knows that winning a 5000 person tournament is next to impossible and watching last year as opposed to 2003 most of the action shown was purely preflop. The blinds looked very high and they have to be to cut down the number of players. In my mind wins in a huge tournament like this is a huge accomplishment but a whole whole lotta luck, and backers for who hopefully know a thing or two about poker probably know that. I think the prestige is waning on a main event win from the perspective a poker player, and i could think of a whole lot of better things to do with 10k than put it in a crapshoot like that.