Won the Pokerstars Caribbean WPT last year, should have also won a WSOP Bracelet in PLHE (this same event?) but got second to that donk. Now he comes back this year and dominates the 2500 PLHE. This guy is gooooood, and has accomplished a ton in his short poker career. Seems like a nice guy, and I think we will hear more from him in the future.

he's definitely impressed me in the short time he's been in the spotlight. Brian Wilson definitely donked him to death last year, it's nice to see he got some vindication this year.

Brian Wilson seemed like a stone idiot to me, and John Gale was/is a much better player IMO. Its nice to see him win because he seems to be a pretty genuine guy from what you see on TV. Congrats to him.JEFF

Brian Wilson seemed like a stone idiot to me, and John Gale was/is a much better player IMO. Its nice to see him win because he seems to be a pretty genuine guy from what you see on TV. Congrats to him.JEFF
Nah, that hand where he pot bets like 8 times to get it all with 44 was genius, lol.

If by "dominated" you mean blew a 7:1 chip lead heads-up, then yeah. Props for making a comeback for the win, but Premier was owning him before going on tilt.Let's not forget the one sick play that got Gale to the final 3 in the first place: calling Hachem down with bottom pair and after getting it all-in on the turn then nails the 13% suck out on the river. Sick indeed, well-played Mr. Gale.GG Premier, that bracelet should've been yours. :club:

73. Joe Hachem raises to $38,000 from the small blind and John Gale makes the call from the big blind. The flop comes K43 and Hachem bets the pot of $76,000. Gale makes the call and the turn comes the 8. Hachem moves all in for $90,000 and Gale makes the call. Gales shows A3 for a pair of threes but Hachem turns over K9 for a pair of kings. The river is the A and Gale spikes two pair on the river to eliminate Hachem in 4th place.

If by "dominated" you mean blew a 7:1 chip lead heads-up, then yeah. Props for making a comeback for the win, but Premier was owning him before going on tilt.Let's not forget the one sick play that got Gale to the final 3 in the first place: calling Hachem down with bottom pair and after getting it all-in on the turn then nails the 13% suck out on the river. Sick indeed, well-played Mr. Gale.GG Premier, that bracelet should've been yours. :club:
Good point, I forgot that to REALLY win a tournament you can't ever ever give up a chip lead HU, or win a big pot where you weren't the favorite. Damn

Ah but you didn't just say he won, you said he dominated. Far from it. And of course he's entitled, like every winner, to get lucky: but go ahead and explain to me why calling Hachem's all-in wasn't extremely donktastic.Gale is good, a nice guy and I'd root for him most of the time. But Premier appeared to be playing better and I'm sorry he lost.

Ah but you didn't just say he won, you said he dominated. Far from it. And of course he's entitled, like every winner, to get lucky: but go ahead and explain to me why calling Hachem's all-in wasn't extremely donktastic.Gale is good, a nice guy and I'd root for him most of the time. But Premier appeared to be playing better and I'm sorry he lost.
Lol, ok i think you are reading a little too much into me saying he dominated. Ok he won w/e. I never defended his play against hachem it was obviously bad, but maybe he a had a read. To give up a 7-1 chip lead and still come back and win is quite an accomplishment.

Well..I hope that John Gale can take the right medicine and get to feeling better as soon as possible. HAHAHAH..GET IT?? JOHN GALE IS "SICK"...AND I AM REFERRING TO IT IN THE LITERAL SENSE, WHICH IS OPPOSITE OF ITS INTENDED USE IN THIS THREAD! I AM FUNNY!!

Ok my first post was me being an *** so I apologize. You were obviously rooting for Gale, I was rooting for Lechman I guess I'm just disappointed. As I said before, I've got nothing against John and congrats on the bracelet.Now off to root on Jeff Madsen and E-dog some more!

Ok my first post was me being an *** so I apologize. You were obviously rooting for Gale, I was rooting for Lechman I guess I'm just disappointed. As I said before, I've got nothing against John and congrats on the bracelet.Now off to root on Jeff Madsen and E-dog some more!
lol, I was actually rooting for premier to win as well but John Gale is a nice guy and I was just making a thread because he has had a crazy successful career so far

To all the guys who are questioning his play...either short term (one tournament final table) or long term...take a look at the year this guy has had. He's been consistantly in the money, gotten to MULTIPLE final tables and taken down well over a million in winnings in that course of time. If you can't respect this guy or his accomplishments, then you have no respect for the game. To everyone who's been a smart *** in this thread...please post your poker resume next to his so we can see exactly how much of a donk John really is.PS - I don't know this guy from Adam, but jesus Christ, you guys are ridiculous sometimes. LOL!!!

I doubt he had a read, hachem is extremely tight and a chimp would not call him after he fired the second shell which happened to be all in(not to mention that its televised and the last thing hachem wants to do is donk off his stack with nothing and look like a fool,the cardinal rule is to never bluff all of ur chips with an all in). Gale has had a nice run but i would not put even put him in the top 50 no limit players in the world.

I doubt he had a read, hachem is extremely tight and a chimp would not call him after he fired the second shell which happened to be all in(not to mention that its televised and the last thing hachem wants to do is donk off his stack with nothing and look like a fool,the cardinal rule is to never bluff all of ur chips with an all in). Gale has had a nice run but i would not put even put him in the top 50 no limit players in the world.
Poker has a very easy scoreboard...money.John Gale, last 18 months, 1.9 million in tournament winnings alone (With no single victory being over 900k. I don't know that there are 50 players in the world with more than that over that timeframe without a million dollar cash.Grinder...I'm sorry I apparently killed your thread by using logic and reason. :club:
Poker has a very easy scoreboard...money.John Gale, last 18 months, 1.9 million in tournament winnings alone (With no single victory being over 900k. I don't know that there are 50 players in the world with more than that over that timeframe without a million dollar cash.Grinder...I'm sorry I apparently killed your thread by using logic and reason. :club:
? I made this thread to congratulate him on another sick tourney, and you are defending him also, how did this kill it?

ummm...cause people stopped talking. Maybe it was a bad read by me...wouldn't be the first this month.

This is true but that doesnt make him a top 50 player, huck seed and layne flack havent cashed for **** in the last 18 months and i think u would have to look a long time for a pro who would take gale over either of those guys, so while money is the only scoreboard doesn't show who is a better player

This is true but that doesnt make him a top 50 player, huck seed and layne flack havent cashed for **** in the last 18 months and i think u would have to look a long time for a pro who would take gale over either of those guys, so while money is the only scoreboard doesn't show who is a better player
"What have you done for me lately?"-Janet Jackson

If i could have flack, seed, or gale play my money in a tourney, I would pick gale in a hearbeat for the same reasons that have already been said. flack and seed havnt cashed for shitt lately