What Can You Put Villian On, And What's Your Action?

Bodog 2-4Full RingHero has $400, villian Covers.UTG Raises to $15, Hero calls in MP2 with AKos. Everyone else folds.Pot: $36Flop: A87Villian bets $25, Hero Calls.Pot: $86Turn: 4Villian Checks, Hero bets $35, Villian raises to $89, Hero Calls.Pot: $244River: J Villian Pushes, Hero?

Read would be nice, but it's AK most of the time. in MP2 I might reraise this preflop and call more often in Later spots.
Sorry bout that, but I don't have any read on the opponent because he has only been at the table for a few orbits, as have I. I usually reraise AK in this spot as well, but decided not to this time.

I'm assuming there was not flush draw. I think you have to decide how deep you are willing to go before the river. If you are willing to call a push then you should get it in on the flop or Turn. Preflop: I like the smooth call in position here if you feel you can stay HU. If not then you need to raise to isolateFlop: Raise here. This is not a situation that I like to play slow. Turn: Bet more. The small bet indicates weakness and can easily enduce a reraise which it did.River: Go with your gut since you did not gather any information on the flop or turn. You might even of let AJ catch up.

Havent played these stakes, but within my experience, you are more likely beat here than not.

Meh...Board isn't really scary so if it hasn't flushed, AK is ahead of anything realistic but JJ and AA (unlikey as shyt). However, the action tells us a lot differently. Why did the guy go for the c/r on the turn? He either has AK or a set. I wouldn't fault a fold on the turn, it may be a little weak but aren't you really putting all your money in here to chop at best?EDIT: Maybe UTG got a little trick-nasty with a suited 5-6? Anybody willing to believe that based on the turn action?

Meh...Board isn't really scary so if it hasn't flushed, AK is ahead of anything realistic but JJ and AA (unlikey as shyt). However, the action tells us a lot differently. Why did the guy go for the c/r on the turn? He either has AK or a set. I wouldn't fault a fold on the turn, it may be a little weak but aren't you really putting all your money in here to chop at best?EDIT: Maybe UTG got a little trick-nasty with a suited 5-6? Anybody willing to believe that based on the turn action?
BINGO!Well not exactly but very close.In the actual hand, I had 64diamonds and raised utg. Went for the checkraise on the turn because I believed that he would bet and the check raise shows incredible strength. I did put this guy on ak, and on the river he folded and told me ak.I just wanted to see if you guys thought that this play was believable or not. I wanted to show a monster and wanted to see if I did alright or this was stupid?

Your middle name must be.....daaaaaanger.No seriously, it takes a good player to lay down an AK here. Even at your stakes I'm not so sure it happens all the time. If i was your opponent and we play it out ten times, I call 4-5 probably.But, if you wanted the pot, your line is OK. you're stuck up the river though if he checks behind you, unless you open-push.

If you have no read on villian this seems like an -EV play in the long run.Most opponents can't lay down AK after an A flops (although if it was me you probably would've stolen a nice pot from me if I had no read on you) and your check raise on a rag turn seems suspicious, not strong.

I'm assuming no flush draws on the board.Re-raise preflop. Raise flop.With a flop like that, I don't think I could get away from AK. Only hand I can see him having that could beat me there is pocket aces since he raised from UTG.Only hands I see him having at showdown that beat me are AA, AJ and JJ. I doubt that he had the last one. I think AJ is very feasible.You have to call this, but you'd regret not playing this more aggressively early on.

If you have no read on villian this seems like an -EV play in the long run.Most opponents can't lay down AK after an A flops (although if it was me you probably would've stolen a nice pot from me if I had no read on you) and your check raise on a rag turn seems suspicious, not strong.
yeah, i'd like your line more if you said you thought he had a weak ace... putting him on AK and running this line isn't real good imo.

Big mistake not reraising pf. AK does excellent pf, but doesnt hold up so well postflop.As is, I fold the turn vs most players.He obviously has a lot of hand that beat you, + a small amount of hands you beat. Rereading the action, he obvsiously has 44.

Just thinking... lead flop, call reraise, and C/R turn is a really strong hand. but usually no one can get away cause the pot gets so big on the turn. this is a little different, but still gives the same impression of strength. I just don't like that you don't know whether this guy is capable of folding an ace, and a big ace for that matter.