Can somebody give me a better idea how to play this hand? I am in the BB and pick up AA, the botton raises 4x then bb. I consider pushing all in, thinking if he has anything, he'll think I'm just trying to protect my blind and call. However because this is quite possibly just a steal, I decide to just reraise to 1,120 giving him great odds to call and not chase him away. The A high flops, which is great. I check to him to see if he takes a stab at it he checks. Again on the turn I check to see if he'll fire at it (I can't put him on much here) and he min bets 160 into a 3,000 pot. What do I do here? I really had no clue, I called it thinking that it looks like I have nothing either and hope he fires at it on the river. But should I reraise there? I really didn't see him having anything so if I reraise he'll prolley just fold. Anyhow, wahts the best way to play this hand? But more importantly I have no idea what to do win my opponent min bets when I have a monster.Full Tilt Poker Game #816444476: $10 + $1 Tournament (5272963), Table 36 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:27:57 ET - 2006/07/20Seat 1: craigorama (10,841)Seat 2: misterhowdy (6,240)Seat 3: AngryRedGod (1,180)Seat 4: mdiaz722 (8,525)Seat 5: fixing tires (4,127)Seat 6: cwik1 (5,690)Seat 7: Blind Dog CallN (5,100)Seat 8: fastdog (3,300)Seat 9: razor210 (3,245)fixing tires posts the small blind of 80cwik1 posts the big blind of 160The button is in seat #4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to cwik1 [As Ad]Blind Dog CallN: crap, pocket 3s over hereBlind Dog CallN foldsfixing tires: good callmdiaz722: scard mefastdog foldsrazor210 foldscraigorama foldsmisterhowdy foldsAngryRedGod foldsmdiaz722 raises to 560fixing tires foldscwik1 raises to 1,120AngryRedGod: holy christ. I've never been called down by K high in my life. Are you psychic or drunk?mdiaz722 calls 560*** FLOP *** [6d 5c Ac]cwik1 checksmdiaz722 checks*** TURN *** [6d 5c Ac] [8d]cwik1 checksmdiaz722 bets 160AngryRedGod: ;-)cwik1 calls 160*** RIVER *** [6d 5c Ac 8d] [Ks]cwik1 checksmdiaz722 checks*** SHOW DOWN ***mdiaz722 shows [Tc Ts] (a pair of Tens)cwik1 shows [As Ad] (three of a kind, Aces)cwik1 wins the pot (2,640) with three of a kind, AcesThe blinds are now 100/200*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2,640 | Rake 0Board: [6d 5c Ac 8d Ks]Seat 1: craigorama didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: misterhowdy didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: AngryRedGod didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: mdiaz722 (button) showed [Tc Ts] and lost with a pair of TensSeat 5: fixing tires (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 6: cwik1 (big blind) showed [As Ad] and won (2,640) with three of a kind, AcesSeat 7: Blind Dog CallN didn't bet (folded)Seat 8: fastdog didn't bet (folded)Seat 9: razor210 didn't bet (folded)Edit: Aurgh... just went out a few away from the bubble with AA vs 44 all in preflop that woulda put me second in chips when a 4 flops. Edit2: (this is not a bad beat post).

you can and SHOULD bet the river. making a value bet can never hurt. sure, maybe you wont see his hand if he folds, but each chip you can extract is valuable. who's to say he doesn't have a hand like QQ and that he wont call a small to medium bet on the end? also, if he does fold, then he doesn't get to see how you played your hand.

you can and SHOULD bet the river. making a value bet can never hurt. sure, maybe you wont see his hand if he folds, but each chip you can extract is valuable. who's to say he doesn't have a hand like QQ and that he wont call a small to medium bet on the end? also, if he does fold, then he doesn't get to see how you played your hand.
I agree that I prolley shoulda bet the river, but I was kinda of thinking his bet on the turn was setting him up for larger bet on the river. Also, what do you do on the turn? Call or raise?

Raise turn, bet river.If he's willing to shell 1/8 of his stack preflop, he sure as **** probably has a hand worth playing to showdown.Oh, and please don't show the results of the hand when you post these. It makes unbiased replies a bit more difficult to make when you see the results.

I would raise the turn, but I guess that could be optional. I would def bet the river though. Unless the opponet is extremely-hyper aggressive I would bet.edit: didn't see that the nuts aleady gave you the same tips. gl

I don't like the flop check.I hate the turn c/c.The river is ****ing disgusting.Put some money in this pot!
A agree I played the hand horibly. I just I thought he was on the steal, which is why I played it so slowly hoping to trap him. But mostly that min bet on the turn just completely froze me and I had no idea what to do. Which is what this post is mostly about. As for the check on the flop, I think it is the right play. Any hand that he would be willing to call off anymore of his chips with on the flop, I think I'd see the same action if not more likelylater on in the hand. The check on the turn is questionable, and I defientally shoulda bet the river.

I agree that the flop could go either way.Turn min bet could be anything. Usually it's a pathetic bluff attempt, so in that case, just calling isn't bad, if he will fire another bullet on the end. However, if it's a semi bluff, we need to charge him.Out of position though, I'm leading this turn all day.- Zach

well everyone is kinda of skimming over one of the first questions you asked so im going to start there. With the amount of chips you have and what the blinds are, i would not push all in for 5500 in chips at 80-160 blinds and his raise to 500ish. 2nd, i would of raised the size of the pot, your raise to 1100 was almost a min raise of his, which i dont like, repop him to at least 1500 or so, or a little more to make it look like your either trying to protect something small or resteal this pot from him, with doing that he might think the same thing and repop you with a big reraise or an all in, which is what we want with the AA.After knowing what the guy had, he obviously was scared to death with the Ace being out there on the flop, which is bad luck for you, i dont mind the check on the flop, give him a chance to catch something to get him to pay you off. I also hate the just call on the turn. you have to raise that bet to at least 500-600 to make him think your stealing or reping that ace ( which you have 3 of lol ) (( on a side note, i see this kind of thing all the time online and live in tournaments or cash games when the scare card comes off for someone and then they check or severely underbet the pot, i dont care what i have in my hand i am raising the hell out of them. They are basically saying " here, i dont want this pot, please take if from me" )). anyway, like i said, you have to raise that turn bet and hope he thinks your making a move, but from his just call preflop, his check on the flop, his min bet on the turn, and check on the river, he was definately not looking to get broke with this hand. and if you dont raise on the turn, you definately, definately have to bet the river.Good Luck