Playing .25/.50 NL hold em, two tables on stars, after couple of orbits up a few bucks on table 1, get 33 in CO, UTG min raises, two callers from middle positions, I call, BB checks. Flop J J 3. checks round to me, bet 2/3 pot (about 3.50), BB raises to 8, I push ($20), he calls. BB shows J,6, turn a brick, river a 6. Ouch! Within 5 minutes on the other table, in bb with 55. UTG bets 3x, called by MP and button, I call. Flop J J 5. UTG bets $3 into $6 pot, folded to me, my read is J with a good kicker. I Push all in ($23), he calls, turns over J A, turn a brick, river an A.Any help with the way I played it.This is not a Bad Beat story, I was hoping and praying each time that there was somebody out there with a J. Got it both times. Would have been happy with a small pot each time but was hoping to bust a couple of big ones. It didn't happen. That's poker.

This is not a Bad Beat story, I was hoping and praying each time that there was somebody out there with a J. Got it both times. Would have been happy with a small pot each time but was hoping to bust a couple of big ones. It didn't happen. That's poker.
I don't agree with the first part of your paragraph there. Heck, it's your freaking forum name. :)In any case, yes to the rest of the paragraph. You know you got the perfect action for your hand. You know the result (getting the money in) was exactly what you wanted.In any case, I hate the villain in hand two raising with AJ UTG. I guess it's okay if you're going to flop trips and river a boat.P.S. These hands obviously happened on PokerStars. I only recently played on that evil, evil site and I'm not even close to emotionally ready to talk about it.

Ya guess it really is a bad beat story, but I was hoping that my name would refer to the beats i put on somebody else. your right I got the action i wanted postflop and wasn't going to stop for anything. I guess the pre flop strategy could be looked at, but I love getting in with small pocket pairs cheap or at good pot odds.

Both times the other guy flopped 3 jacks when you flopped a full house. It sounds like it would have been a big pot no matter what street you waited to move all-in on. You moved in when you had the better hand and got out drawn. You're right, thats poker. But twice within 5min of each of other, man that hurts.