Omaha Rules Question

I've been playing more and more Omaha in my homegames over the past few weeks and a question has been risen on more than one occasion as to what a player needs to show at showdown to win a hand. Everyone knows in holdem "it takes 2 cards to win" even if you're only playing 1 hole card. But I'm unclear on whats required at an Omaha showdown is only the 2 cards you're playing required or do you have to show all 4 of your holecards to win? Also if its only 2 can a player request to see your other 2 as they can in holdem ?

I've been playing more and more Omaha in my homegames over the past few weeks and a question has been risen on more than one occasion as to what a player needs to show at showdown to win a hand. Everyone knows in holdem "it takes 2 cards to win" even if you're only playing 1 hole card. But I'm unclear on whats required at an Omaha showdown is only the 2 cards you're playing required or do you have to show all 4 of your holecards to win? Also if its only 2 can a player request to see your other 2 as they can in holdem ?
I think you have to show all 4, because a person can easily miss read their hand and a different might play from the 4 cards than thought.
dan, even though your last few posts havent been annoying, i just want you to know that you're still utterly useless.
Wow...someone is in a bad mood this morning.
Wow...someone is in a bad mood this morning.
Disagree - X Gets the square. No excuse or bad mood need exist to make fun of c4douche

I absolutely mangle my homegame when we play Omaha. People are saying things like "How can I fold, I've got so many possibilities," and then show down two pair with just a gutshot draw and I have a boat. :club:

You can only show two cards to take down the pot, but it is better to show all four. You don't want to show just two and realize your beat and accidently muck half the pot. Also you don't want to inadvertantly slow roll so it is better just to show all four.

You can only show two cards to take down the pot, but it is better to show all four. You don't want to show just two and realize your beat and accidently muck half the pot. Also you don't want to inadvertantly slow roll so it is better just to show all four.
no. you can't show only two cards to win in omaha. all 4 have to be turned for you to rake in a pot, just like both have to be turned over in holdem.