Tampa Bay/columbus Trade

what's wrong with denis?
I don't think he's very solid. He's been with one of the worst teams in the league all of his career, but this has also been the case with Luongo. I don't understand why Tampa Bay thinks he's going to do any better than Grahame or Burke did.
I don't think he's very solid. He's been with one of the worst teams in the league all of his career, but this has also been the case with Luongo. I don't understand why Tampa Bay thinks he's going to do any better than Grahame or Burke did.
better than Grahame and Burke? Yesas good as Khabibulin (sp) was for them in 04? No
I agree he's better than Grahame or Burke. Grahame was never really more than a solid backup and Burke is getting old and inconsistent. He's been with a terrible team, so its hard to judge him, but he always had a good save %. I'll agree that goalies on bad teams are often overrated, but I don't think there's any reason to believe that Denis is not good enough to be a full-time starter.They don't think he's going to win the Vezina or anything, but he's certainly in the top 10-20 goalies in the league, and is one of the better long-term solutions available.
  • 5 years later...
I agree he's better than Grahame or Burke. Grahame was never really more than a solid backup and Burke is getting old and inconsistent. He's been with a terrible team, so its hard to judge him, but he always had a good save %. I'll agree that goalies on bad teams are often overrated, but I don't think there's any reason to believe that Denis is not good enough to be a full-time starter.They don't think he's going to win the Vezina or anything, but he's certainly in the top 10-20 goalies in the league, and is one of the better long-term solutions available.
5-star analysis right here.
5-star analysis right here.
I try not to go back and read some of the speculations and projections I've made on this forum, my track record is terrible.

Any time I read something that I posted 12+ months ago, hockey related or not, I always scratch my head and think to myself "I can't believe I posted this garbage"