I already busted out of the Emploee event $500 down the drain. The structure was a bit difficult 1000 in chips blinds start at 25-25. It was nice with the 60 min levels, however everyone was opening pots for like $200 and I didn't really want to call pre-flop without a premium hand. Busted out last hand before the first break. I raised to $225 in middle position with QQ. The button who was the big stack at the table pushed all in. I put my last $700 in the pot. He had AKo. Board was KK98A. Hope I have better luck in the next event!!

I showed up 50 minutes late, and they still let me in, but I was blinded away to 800 to start, went out within 40 minutes. With 600 left and blinds at 25/50, UTG limps, I raise to 200 with QQ, middle position caller, limper calls, flop jack high, UTG bets 200, I raise ALL IN for my last 400 both guys call, turns out UTG flopped a straight with his 89 hearts, and turned a STRAIGHT FLUSH. Now this isn't THAT awful of a bad beat as far as odds go, but it was a HORRIBLY unfortunate beat being that this was the first hand I raised with in my first WSOP event and I ran into a fricken straight flush....oh well.Some of you might say I should have moved in preflop but I didn't really wanna steal the blinds, I wanted some action and hoped not to see an A or K on flop. so be it.

I showed up 50 minutes late, and they still let me in, but I was blinded away to 800 to start, went out within 40 minutes. With 600 left and blinds at 25/50, UTG limps, I raise to 200, middle position caller, limper calls, flop jack high, UTG bets 200, I raise ALL IN for my last 400 both guys call, turns out UTG flopped a straight with his 89 hearts, and turned a STRAIGHT FLUSH. Now this isn't THAT awful of a bad beat as far as odds go, but it was a HORRIBLY unfortunate beat being that this was the first hand I raised with in my first WSOP event and I ran into a fricken straight flush....oh well.Some of you might say I should have moved in preflop but I didn't really wanna steal the blinds, I wanted some action and hoped not to see an A or K on flop. so be it.
Why did you show up 50 minutes late to your first WSOP event?? :club:
I showed up 50 minutes late, and they still let me in, but I was blinded away to 800 to start, went out within 40 minutes. With 600 left and blinds at 25/50, UTG limps, I raise to 200 with QQ, middle position caller, limper calls, flop jack high, UTG bets 200, I raise ALL IN for my last 400 both guys call, turns out UTG flopped a straight with his 89 hearts, and turned a STRAIGHT FLUSH. Now this isn't THAT awful of a bad beat as far as odds go, but it was a HORRIBLY unfortunate beat being that this was the first hand I raised with in my first WSOP event and I ran into a fricken straight flush....oh well.Some of you might say I should have moved in preflop but I didn't really wanna steal the blinds, I wanted some action and hoped not to see an A or K on flop. so be it.
I assume u had QQ then? Cos u certainly didn't mention what u had!