Jermain Taylor Vs Winky Wright This Weekend

Any boxing fans have any opinions on this fight? I want to bet it but haven't made up my mind yet, wondering if anyone has opinions. Only line I've seen has Taylor a slight favorite at -130 & Wright slight dog at +110

I'm thinking Taylor by a split decision, almost too close to call.I need a pick-me up after watching Antonio Tarver's poor performance last week. What a waste of PPV dollars!

Well this fight is very even on paper, I just watched HBO preview of the fight, I made a small bet on Wright at +115 (most books are taking more Taylor money it seems). I have a ton of respect for Emannuel Steward training Taylor, but Wright being southpaw/technically superior and the fight likely headed for a decision, I'll take the + $$. Wright pwned Sugar Shane Mosely 2x, then put on a clinic vs Felix Trinidad & sent him to retirement. Taylor won 2 very close decisions vs Bernard Hopkins, some thought could have gone either way, but Hopkins recently pwned Antonio Tarver so thats a pretty strong angle. I salute Taylor for taking the hardest fight possible right away, I just hope boxing politics doesn't automatically anoint him the new champ just for marketing and we get a fair decision/result. GL all

I'm thinking Taylor by a split decision, almost too close to call.I need a pick-me up after watching Antonio Tarver's poor performance last week. What a waste of PPV dollars!
Bodog has:Jermain at -150Go past 11 1/2 rounds at -450Taylor Decision +120Draw +1430Put some money on Taylor by decision going the distancePut down $5 for a draw...monster payoff and entirely possible.That is all.
I'm liking Winky in this one. I think his defense will frustrate Taylor. Even with Steward training him, I don't think Taylor has the experience necessary to handleWright's style.
I hope you're right. An hour and a half before the show starts, Wright is +125 now, I bet too soonedit: Wright is +145 now, at 2050 cst, man did I get a bad priceedit: wow + 150 at fight time, 2200 cst, lets go
Bodog has:Jermain at -150Go past 11 1/2 rounds at -450Taylor Decision +120Draw +1430Put some money on Taylor by decision going the distancePut down $5 for a draw...monster payoff and entirely possible.That is all.
Nice one brother!Spend your money on wine, women, and song - then squander the rest!
Bodog has:Jermain at -150Go past 11 1/2 rounds at -450Taylor Decision +120Draw +1430Put some money on Taylor by decision going the distance Put down $5 for a draw...monster payoff and entirely possible. That is all.
O.K. So who followed the advice?Tribute accepted at Pokerstars, screename 2bthebest, city FCP

I had Wright winning the fight. It was a close fight, but I thought Winky controlled the fight and dictated the way the bout was fought. He also landed the cleaner shots, while most of Taylor's shots were picked off by Winky's arms and gloves. If you just listened to HBO, you would think Taylor is like the next Muhammed Ali or something, they were amazingly biased towards their house fighter. I only put $100 on Winky to win at +110, which I felt was pretty good value considering I felt Winky should have been the favorite. The line only shifted because of Hopkins' fight with Tarver. Still I'm a believer that styles make fights and I felt Winky had the style to make Taylor look like an amateur, which he did at times. I actually felt Taylor fought a much better fight than I expected, he looked much better than he did against Hopkins and has improved a bit. He managed to not run out of gas at the end, which surprised me. If there is a rematch, it should be pretty interesting to see how it plays out.

Hopefully Winky gets more respect, its a shame that he didn't get the decision, as I thought he did more than enough to beat Taylor. What's worse is that he said he wasn't going to fight a rematch fight with Taylor. I held Winky in a high regard as a fighter before this fight but it seems like he gets the short-end of the stick (Vargas fight) and still isn't getting the respect he deserves.