Nuts Lurking Behind Every Corner

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP3 ($84.85)CO ($189.25)Button ($191)SB ($148.50)BB ($340.45)UTG ($165.30)UTG+1 ($200)Hero ($182)MP2 ($171.80)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Kclub.gif, Tspade.gif, Kdiamond.gif, 8spade.gif. 2 folds, Hero calls $2, MP2 calls $2, 3 folds, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($8) 6club.gif, 4heart.gif, Kheart.gif(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $7.6, MP2 folds, SB calls $7.60, BB calls $7.60.Turn: ($30.80) Tclub.gif(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $29.3, SB folds, BB calls $29.30.River: ($89.40) 2 :club:(2 players)BB bets $86.4, Hero?Table has been loose passive preflop - a lot of limpingNever sure of these type of plays - villain hasn't played too many hands so I don't really have a good read on him. Only hand that beats me is a straight as the flush didn't get there.Or am I just thinking too much of monsters under the bed?

Or am I just thinking too much of monsters under the bed?
in PLO, there usually are. :club: i think you have to fold this. it looks like he may have been playing a wrap sd + flush draw or maybe even a oesd + fd.one of them got there which sucks.
PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP3 ($84.85)CO ($189.25)Button ($191)SB ($148.50)BB ($340.45)UTG ($165.30)UTG+1 ($200)Hero ($182)MP2 ($171.80)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Kclub.gif, Tspade.gif, Kdiamond.gif, 8spade.gif. 2 folds, Hero calls $2, MP2 calls $2, 3 folds, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($8) 6club.gif, 4heart.gif, Kheart.gif(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $7.6, MP2 folds, SB calls $7.60, BB calls $7.60.Turn: ($30.80) Tclub.gif(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $29.3, SB folds, BB calls $29.30.River: ($89.40) 2 :club:(2 players)BB bets $86.4, Hero?Table has been loose passive preflop - a lot of limpingNever sure of these type of plays - villain hasn't played too many hands so I don't really have a good read on him. Only hand that beats me is a straight as the flush didn't get there.Or am I just thinking too much of monsters under the bed?
I don't like the pf limp, if u had raised u could bet higher on the flop and pushed him off the draw on the turn with another pot!?
I don't like the pf limp, if u had raised u could bet higher on the flop and pushed him off the draw on the turn with another pot!?
From MP, you would raise with this hand? I'd like to have position on this hand but I think that I'm too far away from the button to raise for that.I'll play this hand for a limp but I don't think that it's good enough to raise.
From MP, you would raise with this hand? I'd like to have position on this hand but I think that I'm too far away from the button to raise for that.I'll play this hand for a limp but I don't think that it's good enough to raise.
I can see both sides of the argument but I still feel I would raise here, if only to thin the field, the limpers could have anything at this point!
I can see both sides of the argument but I still feel I would raise here, if only to thin the field, the limpers could have anything at this point!
if you get called from a lp player your almost forced to check/fold most flops.i usually only raise from the HJ, CO and Button in PLO. but im a tight newb.

Without much else for a read, I'd just go on how fast he bet. It seems like the bets that take less than 5 seconds to make are bluffs about 75% of the time. If he hesitated for a while though, I think you have to just go ahead and toss this one. Remember though, if you have some inkling of a bluff and you're really not sure whether he has it, you're always getting 2:1 to call a pot-size bet on the river. Some people tend to forget this and fold to bluffs far too often.

Without much else for a read, I'd just go on how fast he bet. It seems like the bets that take less than 5 seconds to make are bluffs about 75% of the time. If he hesitated for a while though, I think you have to just go ahead and toss this one. Remember though, if you have some inkling of a bluff and you're really not sure whether he has it, you're always getting 2:1 to call a pot-size bet on the river. Some people tend to forget this and fold to bluffs far too often.
Yeah, picking off river bluffs is a big part of the game. On this hand it could go either way. It's read dependant, as they say.I like a preflop raise here by the way, although it depends on a number of factors, like the chances of picking it up with a continuation bet if you miss. The problem with limping as I see it is that your hand will be difficult to play multi-way even if you do flop a set as you will probably be out of position.