What Do You Think (limit He Question)

In Matthew Hilgers book "Internet Texal Hold'em", Matt basically says that all pocket pairs below 77 should not be played in early position in a limit hold em full ring game.. He doesn't actually say it in words, but this is derived from his starting hand chart, it in other words means that there just isn't a circumstance in early position that 66 and lower should be played.My question to some limit players on this site is if this is something that you guys do?? for instance if you are UTG+3 and everyone calls before you, do you still just toss 66 or 55 or even lower for that matter?? and if yes, is the main reason for this just because the amount of people left to act behind you??Any input would be cool, flames are straight too cuz i know a lot of people feel better flaming, ****, its basically the reason i started reading the forum.

In Matthew Hilgers book "Internet Texal Hold'em", Matt basically says that all pocket pairs below 77 should not be played in early position in a limit hold em full ring game.. He doesn't actually say it in words, but this is derived from his starting hand chart, it in other words means that there just isn't a circumstance in early position that 66 and lower should be played.My question to some limit players on this site is if this is something that you guys do?? for instance if you are UTG+3 and everyone calls before you, do you still just toss 66 or 55 or even lower for that matter?? and if yes, is the main reason for this just because the amount of people left to act behind you??Any input would be cool, flames are straight too cuz i know a lot of people feel better flaming, ****, its basically the reason i started reading the forum.
You would get better results posting this in the limit holdem section of the forums.And to answer your question alot of the limit players on the site including me go with what is said in the book small stakes holdem. It states that if you think there will be 6 players in the flop that you should play any pocket pair from and position. If 2 people limp ahead of you, it is probably pretty safe to limp with any pocket pair here.
first of all, I would definitely pick up Sklansky's Small Stakes Hold'em and after that his Advanced Hold'em book - it's what I read and I'm doing well 4 tabling 3/6 SHE online.in a full ring game, I definitely toss 7s if i'm in early position. They're just too vulnerable. If anyone calls, besides the BBs, they have position on you, if anyone raises, your 7s don't look too great anymore and you're pretty much going to throw them away on the flop if u don't hit a set.Multiway, yes, if there are several limpers, I'm going to limp as well because if I hit my set, there's a greater chance of getting paid off.Remember, limit hold'em is such a position game. That's why early positions require stronger hands where as later positions have looser requirements.
first of all, I would definitely pick up Sklansky's Small Stakes Hold'em and after that his Advanced Hold'em book - it's what I read and I'm doing well 4 tabling 3/6 SHE online.in a full ring game, I definitely toss 7s if i'm in early position. They're just too vulnerable. If anyone calls, besides the BBs, they have position on you, if anyone raises, your 7s don't look too great anymore and you're pretty much going to throw them away on the flop if u don't hit a set.Multiway, yes, if there are several limpers, I'm going to limp as well because if I hit my set, there's a greater chance of getting paid off.Remember, hold'em is such a position game. That's why early positions require stronger hands where as later positions have looser requirements.
FYPthis is not a standalone concept in LHE. This applies to PLHE, NLHE, SLHE, any type. Harrington also advocates the same thing in HOH. Small pocket pairs are better off in multiway pots, and better off seeing the flop for cheap. Simply put, you're looking for the set or an easy exit, and a limp gives you that easy exit, and the possibility for a lot of action if you hit.
You would get better results posting this in the limit holdem section of the forums.And to answer your question alot of the limit players on the site including me go with what is said in the book small stakes holdem. It states that if you think there will be 6 players in the flop that you should play any pocket pair from and position. If 2 people limp ahead of you, it is probably pretty safe to limp with any pocket pair here.
sort of off topic but what is your avatar of?
His name is Frank and he is a giant bunny from the movie Donnie Darko.
AwesomeAnd to the OP, it depends on how loose/passive the table is and if You think You can get 5:1 on a small pocket pair.
His name is Frank and he is a giant bunny from the movie Donnie Darko.
i was gonna see that movie but it looked a bit freaky. people dressed in animal costumes freaked me out thanks to my mum and dad making me watch alice in wonderland like a million times
i was gonna see that movie but it looked a bit freaky. people dressed in animal costumes freaked me out thanks to my mum and dad making me watch alice in wonderland like a million times
It's a great film mang