Leading To The River - Then He Bets?

Poker Room skinLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $3/$64 playersConverterPre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with :D :D Hero raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: :D:) :) (6SB, 3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB folds.Turn: :club: (4BB, 2 players)SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.River: :) (6BB, 2 players)SB bets, Hero calls.Results:Final pot: 8BBuh...should I really give him credit for a flush or even like two pair here? This kind of stuff throws me off a lot of the time. Course I'm going to at least call but..i'm sorry, stuff like this really confuses me when someone decides to bet the river even though you've shown strength on all streets

Raising is a serious option.Tough to do without a read though.I don't mind a call, to get a read.A lot of times, this is a stone cold bluff, and he will fold to a raise, so raising has little value.- Zach

Raising is a serious option.Tough to do without a read though.I don't mind a call, to get a read.A lot of times, this is a stone cold bluff, and he will fold to a raise, so raising has little value.- Zach
what he said, i tend to raise more then call though

The first time someone bets in to me on the river I will just call to see what he is doing it with, you have TPTK but if he makes it three after you raise that would be a bit too much. You lose no value in just calling, in fact you would be happy if he checked and than called to pay you of on the river. This time he just decided to put his bet in before you could make him.

A lot of times, this is a stone cold bluff, and he will fold to a raise, so raising has little value.- Zach
how true
You lose no value in just calling, in fact you would be happy if he checked and than called to pay you of on the river. This time he just decided to put his bet in before you could make him.
ah that is a nice way to look at it :club: