What Wireless Router Works?

OK, I'm 0 for 2. My Linksys sucks, my D Link sucked. Unfortunately, you can't test drive these suckers before buying them. Does anyone have a wireless router that works PERFECTLY while playing on all sites? I had no problems before going wireless, so I know it's not my computer. Thanks for any help.

OK, I'm 0 for 2. My Linksys sucks, my D Link sucked. Unfortunately, you can't test drive these suckers before buying them. Does anyone have a wireless router that works PERFECTLY while playing on all sites? I had no problems before going wireless, so I know it's not my computer. Thanks for any help.
I believe HangukMiguk has something to say about linksys routers.........I believe he recomends netgear and he's a tech support for Verizon dsl so I think he knows a little about what he's talking about.

I'd say I doubt it's ur router either...it's just not setup correctly.My buddy have problems with noise that I'm guessing what caused by his wireless phones around his house. We changed the channel that the router was running on and he hasn't had a problem since. Check you router's support page for FAQ, I'm sure someone has had the same problem you're having.

How much is a working wireless connection + network card? I've been kinda interested but really lazy to read up on it since it's not really a priority right now.

If your having constant connection issues using a wireless network, odds are you are also having some problems browsing the web?If that's the case, make sure your laptop and router are running on the same channel. Log into your router and check the settings (Usually http://192.168.0.1). It should say somewhere that your running on a channel # between 1-11.Whatever channel your router is on, be sure your laptop is the same. Double click the wireless symbol in your taskbar and find the tab that shows what your channel your running on. If they are both already the same, then.... call an expert.

How much is a working wireless connection + network card? I've been kinda interested but really lazy to read up on it since it's not really a priority right now.
I have been running a Dell router (was $80) for almost 2 years and have not had a problem...even spilled coffee on it once, the dam thing refuses to die. BUT... when first getting it up and running,I ran into problem locking it down so it was hacker-proof, Dell's tech support sucked...bad. I ended up figuring it out myself. My comps have built in network card so not sure on price.
Had Linksys and had no problems for a while.I'm running on a netgear now, and it's very smooth.
you sold your soul to satan, didn't you?
I'd say I doubt it's ur router either...it's just not setup correctly.My buddy have problems with noise that I'm guessing what caused by his wireless phones around his house. We changed the channel that the router was running on and he hasn't had a problem since. Check you router's support page for FAQ, I'm sure someone has had the same problem you're having.
facist lies. it's the router. if it's linksys, it's the router.
I have been running a Dell router (was $80) for almost 2 years and have not had a problem...even spilled coffee on it once, the dam thing refuses to die. BUT... when first getting it up and running,I ran into problem locking it down so it was hacker-proof, Dell's tech support sucked...bad. I ended up figuring it out myself. My comps have built in network card so not sure on price.
dell routers are linksys branded differently. FYI.
I believe HangukMiguk has something to say about linksys routers.........I believe he recomends netgear and he's a tech support for Verizon dsl so I think he knows a little about what he's talking about.
you sir, have won the prize! :club: if my work has only been for one thing, it is to show you guys that linksys is of satan.
What kind of problems were you having? I've never had any problems with my Linksys.
stop spreading lies!
i have linksys also, works fine for me..... netgear i have heard no real problems with either
you too!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M NOT HEARING YOULA LA LA LA LA LA LAI'M NOT HEARING YOULA LA LA LA LA LA LAI'M NOT HEARING YOU!