I'm UTG+1, villain is UTG. I have about $800 in chips.Description of UTG: She's a mid 40's soccar mom-looking asian woman who bought short for $100. She played about 10 hands, not showing down or being involved in any of them, before this hand. She's a self-admitted novice.I'm UTG+1 with AQos.Pre-flop: UTG limps, I raise to $20. Folds around to UTG, she calls.Flop is ridiculous and low, 8 6 2. (suits not important)she checks, I bet another $20, UTG calls.Turn: ANow I actually have a hand. Action: UTG pushes, hero...?I'm torn here. I have a large stack against an opponent who is extremely passive. My gut tells me that this is 2-pair, but I only have to call $60 to find out. Generally my read on novice older players (sad to say, but mostly women) is that they are straight forward and do not bluff. There have been a few times where I've played with women where it's obvious they are solid players and can pull off bluffs, this is not one of them.So why post this hand it sounds like an easy fold right?I'm more interested in what you think the villain's holdings are and whether or not a call is even in the realm of possibility. I beat a lot of limp-call worthy Ax and a novice player might jam with their A9,AT, AJ because they see it on TV.

I'm UTG+1, villain is UTG. I have about $800 in chips.Description of UTG: She's a mid 40's soccar mom-looking asian woman who bought short for $100. She played about 10 hands, not showing down or being involved in any of them, before this hand. She's a self-admitted novice.I'm UTG+1 with AQos.Pre-flop: UTG limps, I raise to $20. Folds around to UTG, she calls.Flop is ridiculous and low, 8 6 2. (suits not important)she checks, I bet another $20, UTG calls.Turn: ANow I actually have a hand. Action: UTG pushes, hero...?I'm torn here. I have a large stack against an opponent who is extremely passive. My gut tells me that this is 2-pair, but I only have to call $60 to find out. Generally my read on novice older players (sad to say, but mostly women) is that they are straight forward and do not bluff. There have been a few times where I've played with women where it's obvious they are solid players and can pull off bluffs, this is not one of them.So why post this hand it sounds like an easy fold right?I'm more interested in what you think the villain's holdings are and whether or not a call is even in the realm of possibility. I beat a lot of limp-call worthy Ax and a novice player might jam with their A9,AT, AJ because they see it on TV.
If you believe her that she's a novice, then yeah, she can have just about anything. She could have one of 4 A that beat you (if you think she could limp with AK) T8 or 97 seem unlikely from that posistion, especially since she shounds tight from the first orbit, or any of the 3 pocket pairs on the board that beat you. Basically, I think it's about 50/50 based on her likely holdings that you're ahead. Getting 2.3-1, I call.
She had a set right?
I don't know, did she?The only hint I'll give is that her play could have been construed as almost on a professional tier. However, that was a lot more because of luck than her trying... either that or she REALLY did a number on me.Btw, if she had more money behind her I fold this every time without a better read.

I'm not sure how you don't call here, considering the pot odds you're getting, and the fact that any amateur will push with any paired ace like that.Mark

Actually this could easily be a set too, her hoping that would will have AK or Ax and just made two pair

Actually this could easily be a set too, her hoping that would will have AK or Ax and just made two pair
given the description of the opponent i highly doubt that this tough would be going through her headnovices think about their hand and their hand only. they don't even think about their opponents hand.

If she's a novice I would definitely lean towards calling with this much info. Many novices will call in a raised pot for the amount you bet with almost any a-x. i think it is 50-50 but i would most certainly call when considering pot size. could be a-9,10 or two pair of a set, i probably dont get to tricky here and call