Poker At Work And Datamining

I generally play a lot of low limit or freeroll poker at work because I sometimes have to get up from the game and cant fully concentrate on poker. Anyway its still a fun thing to do, but lately my adware has been picking up Datamining files. I remember reading on here that datamining is something that poker players use to create a database on the way a player plays. Early next week some "techs" are gonna be coming out to work on the computer and while I'm not sure if they are fully aware of where most datamining files come from I fear that I may lose the ability to play poker at work.This can not happen as I work 40 hours a week, but only have about 2 hours of actual work to do a day. So...my question is, Is there any way I can prevent this from happening before they get ahold of the comp?ChadBy the way I normally play the UB freerolls if that helps.

I generally play a lot of low limit or freeroll poker at work because I sometimes have to get up from the game and cant fully concentrate on poker. Anyway its still a fun thing to do, but lately my adware has been picking up Datamining files. I remember reading on here that datamining is something that poker players use to create a database on the way a player plays. Early next week some "techs" are gonna be coming out to work on the computer and while I'm not sure if they are fully aware of where most datamining files come from I fear that I may lose the ability to play poker at work.This can not happen as I work 40 hours a week, but only have about 2 hours of actual work to do a day. So...my question is, Is there any way I can prevent this from happening before they get ahold of the comp?ChadBy the way I normally play the UB freerolls if that helps.
Change sites to a java based platform (like FCP uses). That should cover your tracks in the future. For right now, Run adaware, spywareblaster, virus scan, clear cookies, delete the software, that's all I can think of.erac

First things first. Let's get rid of any evidence you went to a poker website. Clear your history & temp files from Internet Explorer or Mozilla. To do this:IE: 1. Tools -> Internet Options -> Click on Delete Files & Clear History.Mozilla: Tools -> options -> Privacy -> Click on the Clear All button on the bottom of the screen.Note - this assumes you're using the latest version of Mozilla, and if you aren't, then you should download it right away - www.mozilla.com. At work I'd suggest doing the following:Click on Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Expand the History by clicking on the + sign -> change it to "0 days"Secondly, do what someone else suggested - Remove UB from your computer, sign up for FCP & use the web-based java client. What you've said is a little odd, I'm not sure what you mean by "datamining" files... Just remove UB, and move to FCP - it's play money after all.Finally, decide if getting in trouble at work is worth playing some 'play money' poker... There's plenty of other ways to look busy which won't get you in trouble if you get caught.Give me a shout if you have any other questions, I'm bored @ work :club:

I recommend using CCleaner if you're somewhat non-technical in terms of computers. This will automatically remove all sorts of crap from your computer (cookies, temporary internet files etc.). I still suggest running the other programs as well.Download hereGood luck with it. I hope you don't lose your job.Regards,Mathias Munk Hansen