So what do you guys do when you've been running bad and can't seem to get out of the funk. I won't get into details on hands but I have been running bad the last month or so and it's starting to get to me. It's not hurting my confidence or anything just really annoying the ever loving heck out of me.Anybody have something they do to get out of the funk. Move down in level? Play less? Take time off?Just interested in hearing theories.

When I saw the topic of the post, I thought it was going to be talking about actual vocations that we all did on the 9-5 hours. But, when I start to "run bad" I really like to analyze my play and see what is at the heart of the matter. Is it really just bad cards or am are there other factors contributing to my results? Basically I really like to give my game a huge self-examination so as I don't begin to blame my results on things that I can't control, like bad beats and such. I also like to re-read some of the basics, the Sklansky books, etc. If it goes so far that I'm still running into a wall, I just take some time off and spend my time doing other things I enjoy, like working out or hanging out with friends/loved ones.

just take a bit of time off...even though you probably are running bad, you probably are not playing well do to this as well...taking a few days or weeks off will help this....when you get back into the game you will be more focused then ever and hopefully get outa the slumpoh and if you cant stand taking a break...switch games for a bit..... although play micro limits compared to whatever limit you play....play some sit n go's.... no limit tournaments.... short handed limit... plo...stud hi/lo... just anything

Take time off if you're just bored/sick of playing.If you current game seems too dull, try an interesting one like Triple Draw on UB.Otherwise, TP/MM.