"i Limped In For $2000 With Kk"

Poker and Golf... Life is Good 19 May 2006 I limped in for $2000 with KK. Two others limped, and five of us took the flop. The flop came 10-10-4. The big blind led out for $8000 and I called. There was already $10,000 in the pot, so I was getting 2.5 to 1 on the call.He turned over K-10 and although I lost the pot I felt great about my play on the hand. Interesting.

Were you hoping to get in a limp-reraise?? I know you dont divulge but I would be pretty interested to know who checked that river to you. I suspect that putting you on a complete missed hand, they were expecting to raise your bluff. Unfortunately, for him, you had a hand that had a chance to win at showdown, I guess.

Daniel plays a very post flop style. IMO you can limp with big hands like this if you are good enough to get away from them, which obviously DN is.

Daniel plays a very post flop style. IMO you can limp with big hands like this if you are good enough to get away from them, which obviously DN is.
We all know that, but what is he putting the guy on? Best case senario he has a middle pair and thinks everyone else missed the flop, worst case he has a T and one of DN's outs which was the case.2.5 to 1 isn't good drawing to 1 out.
We all know that, but what is he putting the guy on? Best case senario he has a middle pair and thinks everyone else missed the flop, worst case he has a T and one of DN's outs which was the case.2.5 to 1 isn't good drawing to 1 out.
gotcha. That makes more sense than what I thought the question was.

That game is designed to set traps pre-flop looking for opponents to go after the dead money by capping the pot. Think about it: Say five people limp in (and the SB) at an 8 handed game. Right away, if you are the big blind there is $22,000 in the middle. If you don't think anyone is setting a trap, moving all in with almost any hand isn't all that bad in this spot. Even a hand like A-6 off suit wouldn't be a bad play here. You'll win $22,000 when no one calls, and you'll outdraw KK even, a little less than a third of the time. I was totally limping waiting for someone to say... "cap it." It also set me up to be able to limp in later with hands like 9 :club: 7 :D since people knew that my limp didn't necessarily mean weakness.

That game is designed to set traps pre-flop looking for opponents to go after the dead money by capping the pot. Think about it: Say five people limp in (and the SB) at an 8 handed game. Right away, if you are the big blind there is $22,000 in the middle. If you don't think anyone is setting a trap, moving all in with almost any hand isn't all that bad in this spot. Even a hand like A-6 off suit wouldn't be a bad play here. You'll win $22,000 when no one calls, and you'll outdraw KK even, a little less than a third of the time. I was totally limping waiting for someone to say... "cap it." It also set me up to be able to limp in later with hands like 9 :D 7 :D since people knew that my limp didn't necessarily mean weakness.
Yeah. I knew that. :club:
  • 2 weeks later...
That game is designed to set traps pre-flop looking for opponents to go after the dead money by capping the pot. Think about it: Say five people limp in (and the SB) at an 8 handed game. Right away, if you are the big blind there is $22,000 in the middle. If you don't think anyone is setting a trap, moving all in with almost any hand isn't all that bad in this spot. Even a hand like A-6 off suit wouldn't be a bad play here. You'll win $22,000 when no one calls, and you'll outdraw KK even, a little less than a third of the time. I was totally limping waiting for someone to say... "cap it." It also set me up to be able to limp in later with hands like 9 :club: 7 :D since people knew that my limp didn't necessarily mean weakness.
Would it be correct to fold and save 8K on that flop? BB is out of position and betting on a scary flop. I would generally be inclined to fold my pocket pair in that situation. I would be worried about a fullhouse and mainly a 10 with a crap kicker. I guess the only reason for calling would be if the villian was something like Gus Hansen who is loose aggresssive in which case I would take one off because I probably have him beat. If he fired another shell on the turn, I would have to reasses. Generally I would think that a bet OOP indicates strength.