I think we would be lying to ourselves if we haven't tilted in some form or another during our poker careers.Take this common example..Say you're playing 1/2NL, and heeb up a nice session up to say 600-800$.. So you feel condient and take a shot at 2/4NL, and bam, you've just padded you're roll with 2K+...What an excellent feeling!So you take a break, watch t.v. , hang out with friends, go work out..You log back onto stars, hit that cashier button, and admire you're previous session.. You wanna play smart, and play some low NL games, (.25/.5, .5/1)..Things are going slow for you, not catching many hands like you were before, or missing flops with premium hands... Well about an hour or so passes by, and you've played some SOLID poker..but you're down 40-50BB...wtf? So you take a short break, look through some 2+2 posts to feel confident, talk to you're friends about some hands...and log back in to kill micro ****ers like you know you can.But wait, you're only down just a bit...and you really want to just go to bed with the feeling you had before..So you open 2 tables of 2/4, hoping to win just enough to cover you're meager losses you had at those stupid ****ing .25/.5 tables.....Things are going slow again, and you're starting to get aggressive..and then something BEAUTIFUL just happen... You picked up AA on the button, you see EP/LAG raise it 3.5xbb, you re-raise it, EP thinks about oit for a while........AND THEN PUSHES.. Adrenaline is pumping through your veins.. Could this be more perfect? You're looking at your 400$ stack, and think, i'm going to win a ****ing 800$ pot!!!! You press that beautiful call button, and see the flop/turn/river...ANXIOUS to see that pot slide you're way.......................O..M...G.."You have lost, muck you're hand?"WHAT THE **** JUST HAPPEND??? WTF WTF WTF.HOW THE **** DID I LOSE THIS POT??You see the board, blood is rushing through your head...You'r face is turning red as hell...He made a straight with AK.. The mouse is thrown in the air, you punch a wall...Reload, bam, gone...Reload, bam gone..You move down in limits, steamed, trying to play solid poker, but through you're clouded emotions, and bullshit plays, you're in the RED for the day.Anyways... what's the point? Every ****ing poker player goes through SOME form of this process in one point or another in his/her career. No one gives a **** about you're short term losses, and you shouldn't either..unless you've just financially ruined your life in a ****ing day..Welp, just my thoughts for the day. edit : (this never happend to me before... =P)

If losing 3 buy ins at 2-4 nl ruins your financial future then poker isn't your biggest issue. Also, don't play ring games on stars.Good luck,erac

If losing 3 buy ins at 2-4 nl ruins your financial future then poker isn't your biggest issue. Also, don't play ring games on stars.Good luck,erac[/quoteAnd pwease don't make fun of those with spweech impediments
If losing 3 buy ins at 2-4 nl ruins your financial future then poker isn't your biggest issue. Also, don't play ring games on stars.Good luck,erac
Where does it say in my post that losing "3 buy ins at 2-4nl" ruined my financial future? This was only a hypothetical situation, only to prove a point."Don't play ring games on stars."Why wouldn't you want to play ring games on stars? Lot's of action with plenty of bad players in each level.. Granted there are a few places better for softer action(PP, bodog). Unless of course you're worried lee has the kill switch on your ***.
Where does it say in my post that losing "3 buy ins at 2-4nl" ruined my financial future? This was only a hypothetical situation, only to prove a point."Don't play ring games on stars."Why wouldn't you want to play ring games on stars? Lot's of action with plenty of bad players in each level.. Granted there are a few places better for softer action(PP, bodog). Unless of course you're worried lee has the kill switch on your ***.
You're story was a general case, so my "you" was general also. It wasn't necessarily directed towards you. As far as not playing ring games on stars, the compitition is much better there than at most sites. There are not nearly as many donks on stars as there are on party/bodog/pokerroom, and most other sites. The only cash games worth playing on stars are the 6 max games.
You're story was a general case, so my "you" was general also. It wasn't necessarily directed towards you. As far as not playing ring games on stars, the compitition is much better there than at most sites. There are not nearly as many donks on stars as there are on party/bodog/pokerroom, and most other sites. The only cash games worth playing on stars are the 6 max games.
The point is, UNLESS you ruined you're life or SEVERELY DAMAGED your bankroll in a day or two by tilting like a crazy *** monkey, you shouldn't go into an emotional breakdown.
Where does it say in my post that losing "3 buy ins at 2-4nl" ruined my financial future? This was only a hypothetical situation, only to prove a point.And my respons was to the hypothetical person whose "financial future was ruined.""Don't play ring games on stars."Why wouldn't you want to play ring games on stars? Lot's of action with plenty of bad players in each level.. Granted there are a few places better for softer action(PP, bodog). Unless of course you're worried lee has the kill switch on your ***.
If there are softer games elsewhere, why would you play ring games on stars? The only cash games worth playing on that site are the 6 max games. The software on party is comparable, (although not quite as sharp IMO) and there are way more dizzonks.erac

So why are pokerstars ring games so bad? I know the quality of play isnt that great.... but isnt the idea to take money off of a poker player who is worse then you? Ultimatley wont your better play pay off over his poor poker playing skills? I know i play a solid game in the ring games, and most times eek out small profit or small loss. But when my card rush hits, my hands pay off huge. Might just be me but i welcome bad players into my game.

I had a great day the other day and last night I tilted away everything I made...only in SnGs, not ring games. Sick feeling...but at the same time I know I'll be just fine as long as I play correctly next time.

So why are pokerstars ring games so bad? I know the quality of play isnt that great.... but isnt the idea to take money off of a poker player who is worse then you? Ultimatley wont your better play pay off over his poor poker playing skills? I know i play a solid game in the ring games, and most times eek out small profit or small loss. But when my card rush hits, my hands pay off huge. Might just be me but i welcome bad players into my game.
You are correct, you want to play against the worst players possible. Most people will agree that the worst players on the internet are not playing pokerstars full ring games. The problem is that these games have stiffer competition than your average online ring game. Party poker, bodog, pokerroom, rvg all have softer games than pokerstars full ring games. those are the only sites I've played on, so it's all I can really comment on.good luck,erac
You are correct, you want to play against the worst players possible. Most people will agree that the worst players on the internet are not playing pokerstars full ring games. The problem is that these games have stiffer competition than your average online ring game. Party poker, bodog, pokerroom, rvg all have softer games than pokerstars full ring games. those are the only sites I've played on, so it's all I can really comment on.good luck,erac
I should have specified, full ring holdem games are not that soft on stars. The PLO Hi is pretty soft too.