Takin On The Big Stack

3 tables left in the tourney. I have about 50 000 and I'm sitting to the imediate left of the big stack at my table who has about 100 000. I've just been moved to the table so I have no read on how anyone is playing. Folded around to big stack in the SB, he makes a raise to 3000 (blinds 400 800 with a 100 ante.) I decide that I'm not going to get pushed around and make it 9000 to go with 73 offsuit. Do you approve?

Pot about 2100...before SB raise to 3000.So pot 2100+(3000-400) = 4700.You make a Raise to 9000.Pot now 4700+(9000-800) = 12,900SB pot odds of 12,900 to 6000If he has a real hand, you are in big trouble and wasted almost 20% of your stack.If he's maniac, you'll get your chance with a real hand.With no read, I hate the play.really dumb.But, i don't rely on testosterone in NL tournies, and perhaps there is a place for these moves. But not here, imo

3 tables left in the tourney. I have about 50 000 and I'm sitting to the imediate left of the big stack at my table who has about 100 000. I've just been moved to the table so I have no read on how anyone is playing. Folded around to big stack in the SB, he makes a raise to 3000 (blinds 400 800 with a 100 ante.) I decide that I'm not going to get pushed around and make it 9000 to go with 73 offsuit. Do you approve?
Are you serious? :club:
I definitely approve if I'm the one in the Small Blind.You have no reads on me, you've just came to the table, and you don't have a clue how I have behaved in the SB the last 1, 10, 20 hands, and so you immediately assume that because I'm the big stack, and first to act in the SB that I must be pushing you around?Perhaps wait two or three revolutions and determine whether or not I really am pushing you around before you decide to put a stop to it.
Let's see - you have no reads, it's the big stack you're tangling with, you have one of the worst starting hands possible.Where's the "I throw up" Icon. This one will work. :club: