Newbie Asks For An Analysis

Hi there,I am newbie both to poker and this forum (but I really like the well organized structure and I hope I didn't mess up by posting to a wrong one :club:)I've played a few hundred (maybe even thousand) hands so far, read a few articles and have some understanding of basic principles (I hope :D)However, I lost quite a big part of my bankroll recently (I had built it practically from zero by borrowing $2 from a friend :D), and I am unsure what the cause is as I used to win much more easily.I hope it's ok to post hand history from two of my recent sessions (barely broke even in the first one and lost in the second one):http://poker.tasuki.org/logs/hh20060502.htmlhttp://poker.tasuki.org/logs/hh20060503.htmlI understand that it is a lot of work to go through it, and I don't expect everyone to do it, but you would make me very happy if you could have a look at it and point out my biggest mistakes (you can refer to the hand number as that is easy to find) or tell me what I generally do wrong.Thanks a lot for your patience with (yet another :D) noob,tasuki

Wow dude... that's a lot of reading...I got through the first two hands, but if I have time in a bit, I could go through some more...Hand 1: T7 hand. Easy call down.Hand 2: 23s. Easy fold. Nh.I'll be back.- Zach

Welcome. Convert to BetThePot format here, and try to post just key hands that you don't understand the best way to play, one or a few at a time.Read SSHE, if you haven't.
actually, his method is the best.If someone will look at it.In addition, he should psot hands, one st a time, and COMMENT ON OTHERS HANDS...
I will never send more than 10 seconds looking at that site, and I think 99% of the forum will take a similar stance.
some willtrust me.And it's a super way to get a better concept of his leaksI've also said he sohuld post single hands and on other's threads.even 3 qualified people reading the HH is more helpful that 10 donkies givng advice on an isolated handand no one like you, so I'm sure it's rough:P
some willtrust me.And it's a super way to get a better concept of his leaksI've also said he sohuld post single hands and on other's threads.even 3 qualified people reading the HH is more helpful that 10 donkies givng advice on an isolated handand no one like you, so I'm sure it's rough:P
Oh, you wanna' start some ****? I'm in, like, five gangs. For serious.

This is goign to be another one of those Hip-hop, poker battles.Just let me lay back, baby boy, 'an check this sh1tI've got the redraw, son; I'll still catch this b1tchIf that club peels off, you're drawin' dead to thisYou wanna' slowplay, whitebread? I'll show ya' where the equity is (POW!)(Go-head) Toss it in the pot, you got no safety, like a Glock, sucka'You think that weak-a$$ straight's a lock? I’ll send you parking lot, sucka'You tossin' to the muck? I'll make you look a straight-up d0uche, "fcuk", 'cause Baby b1tch, I'm flippin' up the seven duce.

1st Group:PokerStars Game #4809134204 : Dealt to tasuki [A :diamond: 6 :diamond: ]tasuki: calls $0.10 // haven't played for a long time, gonna give it a try...unclebuck523: calls $0.10OldCueBall: folds #1 Badhabit: calls $0.10ahollste: calls $0.10Sly Mongoose: folds jerskiy: calls $0.10J.A.L.1: calls $0.05janlala: checks *** FLOP *** [2 :club: 8 :club: 9 :diamond: ]J.A.L.1: bets $0.10janlala: calls $0.10tasuki: folds ******************I don't think you can fold this getting 9:1.But I'm not sure, raise or just call.Big pot, lots of others to act, but our hand is weak, with a not-like-to-hit nut draw.I say, peel the flop and re-evaluate turn**************PokerStars Game #4809150185:Read dependent.Chekc behind river, unless very loose/passive opponent.************************** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to tasuki [T♣ Q♣]J.A.L.1: folds janlala: folds tasuki: calls $0.10unclebuck523: raises $0.10 to $0.20 // this guy raises everythingOldCueBall: folds chieso: folds ahollste: folds krassib: folds tasuki: calls $0.10*** FLOP *** [8♣ T♠ A♣]tasuki: bets $0.10unclebuck523: raises $0.10 to $0.20tasuki: raises $0.10 to $0.30unclebuck523: raises $0.10 to $0.40 // what does he have?Betting is cappedtasuki: calls $0.10*** TURN *** [8♣ T♠ A♣] [K♣]tasuki: checks unclebuck523: bets $0.20tasuki: raises $0.20 to $0.40unclebuck523: raises $0.20 to $0.60 // he must have something...tasuki: raises $0.20 to $0.80Betting is cappedunclebuck523: calls $0.20 and is all-in*** RIVER *** [8♣ T♠ A♣ K♣] [K♥]*** SHOW DOWN ***Raise preflop if blinds tight, but I like the limp fine.I will usually c/r this flop, and call a 3-bet - against aggressive player, to more likely get a c/r chance when I hit the turn.**************************************Dealt to tasuki [J :diamond: K♠]OldCueBall: calls $0.10chieso: folds ahollste: folds krassib: folds cecil83: folds J.A.L.1: raises $0.10 to $0.20janlala: folds tasuki: calls $0.15rultr8: calls $0.10OldCueBall: calls $0.10Fold preflopfwiw, I agree with all your folds so far.**********************Dealt to tasuki [Q♠ 7♠]ahollste: folds krassib: folds cecil83: calls $0.10J.A.L.1: folds janlala: folds tasuki: calls $0.10rultr8: calls $0.10OldCueBall: calls $0.05chieso: checks Fold preflopImplied odds not there******************PokerStars Game #4809176261:Ad 5d, EP limps, folds to you in MP/LP, Raise it up. Buy the button. We want HU or mulitway with this hand. Not 3-4 way, where our kicker will play too much and we won't have the implied odds for the flush.I would just call the flop - because bet came from your imediate right. Yuo want ot pump the pot, if you have others calling 1 bet, but not facing all with 2 cold hereYou don't need to blow the field away in a small pot with such a strong draw.You will win a lot when you hit (only boat edraws to worry about)In a bigger pot, consider raising..or if you had a better kicker.************************ HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to tasuki [A♣ K♥]krassib: folds cecil83: calls $0.10J.A.L.1: folds skimammoth: folds tasuki: raises $0.10 to $0.20 // do I want to raise now or just call?rultr8: folds OldCueBall: folds chieso: folds ahollste: calls $0.10cecil83: calls $0.10*** FLOP *** [Qd 9d Js]ahollste: checks cecil83: checks tasuki: bets $0.10 // fold it, bastardsahollste: folds cecil83: calls $0.10*** TURN *** [Qd 9d Js] [Td] // not another diamond... but I like my straight...cecil83: checks tasuki: bets $0.20cecil83: calls $0.20 // hahaha, you don't have the flush...*** RIVER *** [Qd 9d Js Td] [Ah] // why the bloody ace?cecil83: bets $0.20tasuki: raises $0.20 to $0.40cecil83: calls $0.20*** SHOW DOWN ***well done.Turn bet is good.Can be discussed**********************************Dealt to tasuki [9♣ K♠]OldCueBall: folds chieso: folds ahollste: folds krassib: raises $0.10 to $0.20cecil83: calls $0.20J.A.L.1: folds skimammoth: folds tasuki: calls $0.10ewwww...yukfold this K9 off sux to a raise.67 is better.I dont care that you are BB getting 5:1 +.*** FLOP *** [T♣ Q♣ 9♥]tasuki: checks krassib: bets $0.10cecil83: calls $0.10tasuki: folds huh???????????????wtf you call preflop for?Horrible fold************************Dealt to tasuki [Qd Ac]zhelwa: folds Baydude: calls $0.10ahollste: folds krassib: folds cecil83: calls $0.10J.A.L.1: calls $0.10skimammoth: folds tasuki: checks Raise preflop.*******************************Dealt to tasuki [Qh Kh]J.A.L.1: folds skimammoth: folds tasuki: raises $0.10 to $0.20zhelwa: raises $0.10 to $0.30Baydude: folds krassib: folds cecil83: folds tasuki: calls $0.10*** FLOP *** [4c 2d 7h]tasuki: bets $0.10zhelwa: raises $0.10 to $0.20tasuki: calls $0.10*** TURN *** [4c 2d 7h] [Qc]tasuki: checks // hummm, why did I check this?zhelwa: checks *** RIVER *** [4c 2d 7h Qc] [7s]tasuki: bets $0.20Why did you bet the flop?I would c/c flopc/r turn (unless 3-bet on turn..in which case, I just call down w/o a solid read)lead river********************************* HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to tasuki [Td 8s]zhelwa: folds krassib: folds cecil83: calls $0.10J.A.L.1: calls $0.05tasuki: checks *** FLOP *** [Jc 5h 7c]J.A.L.1: checks tasuki: checks cecil83: checks *** TURN *** [Jc 5h 7c] [9s]J.A.L.1: bets $0.20tasuki: folds You fold the nuts a lot?***********************PokerStars Game #4809256993: Hold'em Limit ($0.10/$0.20) - 2006/05/02 - 05:26:35 (ET)Table 'Alioth' 10-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: J.A.L.1 ($6.55 in chips) Seat 3: tasuki ($3.65 in chips) Seat 4: zhelwa ($3.80 in chips) zhelwa: posts small blind $0.05cecil83: is sitting out J.A.L.1: posts big blind $0.10*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to tasuki [Qh Qc]cecil83 leaves the tabletasuki: raises $0.10 to $0.20zhelwa: folds J.A.L.1: calls $0.10*** FLOP *** [Td Tc 2h]J.A.L.1: checks tasuki: bets $0.10J.A.L.1: calls $0.10 // the ******* wouldn't slowplay the T, right?*** TURN *** [Td Tc 2h] [3h]J.A.L.1: bets $0.20tasuki: calls $0.20 // or maybe he would? anyway, here I should have bet...*** RIVER *** [Td Tc 2h 3h] [8c]J.A.L.1: bets $0.20tasuki: calls $0.20 // here toolet him bluff.no need to raise, in pos.Read dependent, often you can Raise the river.And Read dependent on whether to fold to a river 3-bet, usually yes.********************************you were dealt a lot of crap.breakeven is fine when you get all that junk.

Thanks to everyone (Zach and especially Actuary) for the feedback!

1st Group:PokerStars Game #4809134204 : Dealt to tasuki [A :diamond: 6 :diamond: ]tasuki: calls $0.10 // haven't played for a long time, gonna give it a try...unclebuck523: calls $0.10OldCueBall: folds #1 Badhabit: calls $0.10ahollste: calls $0.10Sly Mongoose: folds jerskiy: calls $0.10J.A.L.1: calls $0.05janlala: checks *** FLOP *** [2 :club: 8 :club: 9 :diamond: ]J.A.L.1: bets $0.10janlala: calls $0.10tasuki: folds ******************I don't think you can fold this getting 9:1.But I'm not sure, raise or just call.Big pot, lots of others to act, but our hand is weak, with a not-like-to-hit nut draw.I say, peel the flop and re-evaluate turn
I see, the odds are good enough.To explain my reasoning: someone has a pair (higher than 6) now, the flush is about 1/20 (just calculated approximately) and there are 3 aces that could win it for me, but I still didn't feel confident as everyone seems to play every ace and they would have a better kicker. :D
*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to tasuki [T♣ Q♣]J.A.L.1: folds janlala: folds tasuki: calls $0.10unclebuck523: raises $0.10 to $0.20 // this guy raises everythingOldCueBall: folds chieso: folds ahollste: folds krassib: folds tasuki: calls $0.10*** FLOP *** [8♣ T♠ A♣]tasuki: bets $0.10unclebuck523: raises $0.10 to $0.20tasuki: raises $0.10 to $0.30unclebuck523: raises $0.10 to $0.40 // what does he have?Betting is cappedtasuki: calls $0.10*** TURN *** [8♣ T♠ A♣] [K♣]tasuki: checks unclebuck523: bets $0.20tasuki: raises $0.20 to $0.40unclebuck523: raises $0.20 to $0.60 // he must have something...tasuki: raises $0.20 to $0.80Betting is cappedunclebuck523: calls $0.20 and is all-in*** RIVER *** [8♣ T♠ A♣ K♣] [K♥]*** SHOW DOWN ***Raise preflop if blinds tight, but I like the limp fine.I will usually c/r this flop, and call a 3-bet - against aggressive player, to more likely get a c/r chance when I hit the turn.
Oh yes, I still need to learn to check-raise... :)
Dealt to tasuki [J :diamond: Kâ™ ]OldCueBall: calls $0.10chieso: folds ahollste: folds krassib: folds cecil83: folds J.A.L.1: raises $0.10 to $0.20janlala: folds tasuki: calls $0.15rultr8: calls $0.10OldCueBall: calls $0.10Fold preflopfwiw, I agree with all your folds so far.
I see, only one person in and it's a raise, I tend to overvalue KJo. :D
PokerStars Game #4809176261:Ad 5d, EP limps, folds to you in MP/LP, Raise it up. Buy the button. We want HU or mulitway with this hand. Not 3-4 way, where our kicker will play too much and we won't have the implied odds for the flush.
I am unable to follow you here, why is either HU or multiway better than 3-4 handed? :D
I would just call the flop - because bet came from your imediate right. Yuo want ot pump the pot, if you have others calling 1 bet, but not facing all with 2 cold hereYou don't need to blow the field away in a small pot with such a strong draw.You will win a lot when you hit (only boat edraws to worry about)In a bigger pot, consider raising..or if you had a better kicker.
I seriously considered calling, but I really wasn't sure... thanks for making it clear :)And thanks for all your comments Actuary, I find them very valuable. ^_^PS: Sorry, for my (ab)use of the emoticons, but I find them hilarious :club:

I am unable to follow you here, why is either HU or multiway better than 3-4 handed?Ax suited can win with Top Pair or Flush, or with aggression, i.e. fold equity.When your are 4 handed and an Ace flops, you are subject to RIO: reverse implied odds. Often calling/betting/raising against a better Ace. If you raise preflop and fold hands like A9, AJ behind you, then your TopPair has a better chance - or you can win Unimproved a lot with a flop bet in HU pots when you raised preflopTend to isolate more as you move up in limits and while at micros, tend to build big pots with all the loose callers that will pay you off, (IMO, I think)When the opportunity for a big multiway pot presents itself, then you can start looking at the flush.Although your Ace is less strong here, at least you will have a bigger pot and if the hand needs to be called down (i.e. you have some draws and TP), the pot will justify calling more of your chips with a weaker kicker.*************

Alrighty. Let's do this.Session 1:Hand 1 - Th7s: Call down after the flop raise. When you say you are afraid of the 56, that is bad. You shouldn't be able to assign someone a specific hand. You should only put him on a range. He "could" have 56, but he also could have A4o, or 78o. The pot is quite big at the turn as well, so calling down can't be that bad.Hand 2 - 2s3s: 23 suited is pretty much never playable.Hand 3 - Td2s: Easy fold.Hand 4 - Ah3h: Preflop is ok. You could fold here, but it's pretty close either way. The game is definitely loose enough for it to work. Flop, check is good, you have no pair and only a very weak gutshot and backdoor flush draw. Turn is fine too. "Bluffing" is pointless at .10/.20, just as much as it is in pots like this at 1/2 or 2/4. For the most part, playing straight up will be most profitable. River is a good fold, IMO. You are facing 2 cold with the single card sucker end, and the pot is tiny. NH.Hand 5 - 6dJc: Easy fold.Hand 6 - 4dTc: Ditto.Hand 7 - Ks7d: Muck it.Hand 8 - Qh9d: Folding is fun. This is why I multitable :club:Hand 9 - 9d3d: ....Hand 10 - Ad6d: This is a pretty standard fold from UTG. However, since this is a pretty loose passive game, it's not a huge mistake, even if it is a mistake. You really need a multiway pot to play this hand, and it's important not to lose a lot if you flop just an ace or a 6. Of course, we missed the flop, so good fold. [edit - read Actuary's analysis - 9-1 on what? 3 ace outs which may or may not be good, and a backdoor flush draw? This would be a very very loose peel on the flop, I stand by my fold.]Hand 11 - 3cKh: Good fold, even out of the BB. As an aside, I haven't noticed this yet from you, but some people tend to play really loose from the BB, calling raises with trash like this, and it really just gets people in trouble. As in, you flop a King, what do you do? You are out of position against a pretty big field, and someone who raised preflop who will almost certainly have a strong hand.Hand 12 - 5s7d: Again, good fold.Hand 13 - 8h9s: Yup.Hand 14 - 3sAs: Like your A6s hand, calling or folding can go either way preflop. FWIW, don't play a hand because you haven't played a hand in a while. Patience is the key at limit hold'em. Try not to go on tilt because you've folded a ton, and start playing mediocre hands. Like I said however, this one is ok, as long as it's a loose passive game. 2 callers in front of you is a good sign. I make the same play on the flop. Turn is fine. River, I think I'd check/call. My guess is he bets with more than he calls with, and we don't risk getting raised, etc. Back to the comment I made in the A6 hand, this is the real problem with playing Ace-rag. I hate paying off a better kicker.Hand 15 - 4h2c: Easy.Hand 16 - TcQc: Limp is good preflop at this level. I noticed Actuary said raise with it, but I you're pretty early in position, so a limp could create a domino effect and make a nice multiway pot. On the flop, I'd probably check-raise, and call a 3-bet. I'm sure leading is fine though, but if he doesn't have at least an ace, he's not raising, and I want to get at least 2 bets in on this street, so a c/r is good. Turn is obvious. Pound away. River would be interesting if he had any money left, as a normal player could have 88, TT, AA, AK, KT, etc boating up and beating your flush, so I would act relatively cautiously with river betting. Against a normal player, I'd probably only put in 2 bets on the river when the board pairs, given the flop and turn action. On a sidenote, buddy list this guy :DHand 17 - 5dTd: Good fold. What happened to your loose table...lol.Hand 18 - Jd9d: Good fold.Hand 19 - 5c7d: Yawn.Hand 20 - 5s4h: Lookin good...Hand 21 - JdKs: Ok, here we go... something interesting. I'm torn on what to do preflop. Calling is "ok", but depending on the guy who is raising, I'm probably folding. I'll call if he's prone to trying to steal. I just noticed that there was a limper UTG, I think that makes it even more of a fold. Being out of position really sucks, and KJo isn't a very strong holding against a raise. As for the flop, we have pretty decent sized pot now. It's 9 SB when it gets to us, and we could have as many as 10 outs, although it's probably a little less once you factor in that hitting our K or J could make us a second best hand to AK, or AJ, etc. Either way, a peel is fine here. Ah, a J on the turn. Here's we it gets a bit tricky. We have TP good kicker now, but I'm not necessarily thrilled about it. Normally I wouldn't lead here, I'd check and see what develops. I don't think our hand is strong enough to c/r the turn here, so I'd probably just call down, but that could be really bad. I think the lead is actually good in this case. Since you led the turn and were shown no resistance, leading the river is good too. Note that I'm reading these hands for the first time, and not seeing the result of the hand until after I comment, and I see that you lost to AJ, as I was worried about earlier. I think you played it fine though.Hand 22 - As4h: Good fold. A-rag sucks.Hand 23 - Qs7s: Please fold this hand preflop. I'm sure an argument could be made for playing this in a multiway pot from the button, but it's a fold 99% of the time preflop.Hand 24 - Ad5d: Meh. I think this is a fold preflop too. Again with the low suited aces, you need it to be 4-6 handed, and it's hard to know for sure what's going to happen when you are only the second person in the pot. I really think you should fold this. However, once you are in, that's a beauty flop. Raising it up is great. For one, you have huge equity in the hand, even if everybody calls 2 cold, also, you could very easily have the best hand at the moment, so protecting it is good too.Hand 25 - 6dKh: Back to folding :DHand 26 - Js7s: Good fold. I think you could play a hand like this on the button with like 4 or 5 limpers in front of you if you want, but it's still very marginal. It's "almost" a suited connector, so it does have some value in big multiway pots. In your position though, easy fold.Hand 27 - Kh9s: Easy fold again.Hand 28 - 4hQd: ........ boring....Hand 29 - 6dKd: That's a good fold on the flop, the pot is too small to draw to our gutshot. We have an over too, but our kicker is so weak that it could easily be no good.Hand 30 - 8h5d: Yup...Hand 31 - AcKh: Yeah, raise AK preflop every time for pure value. Make your opponents make mistakes. With only two opponents who both checked to me, I'll bet this flop as well hoping to take it down, however, we have a ton of outs most of the time anyways. Turn is a good card for us. Keep betting. If I get raised, I'm just calling down, as he could have something like 2 pair or just the King for a weaker straight, not necessarily the flush. As for the river, I'm not sure if I'm raising it, since there is a flush out there, but I highly doubt it's a big mistake to do it. He could easily have two pair or something stupid like that.Hand 32 - 9h7h: Good fold.Hand 33 - 9d3c: Ditto.Hand 34 - 5s6d: Yep.Hand 35 - 7h5h: boring...Hand 36 - Ks9c: Fold preflop. Same as the K3o hand earlier that you had in the blind, K9 is pretty bad as well.Hand 37 - 2d6d: SSHE (Small Stakes Hold'Em by Miller, Sklansky and Malmuth, which is a must read for anybody, as previously mentioned in this thread) states that you should complete the SB with any two suited cards, so call preflop here believe it or not. Of course, we would have missed the flop, so it's an easy check/fold at that point.Hand 38 - Th6d: Find a new table at this point. Your table has tightened up considerably. Try and find a nice loose one like it was about 30 hands ago.Hand 39 - 2hTd: Standard...Hand 40 - 4s7s: Sigh...Hand 41 - 6hJs: .......Hand 42 - 4h2s: Yuck...Hand 43 - 3c5d: More crap...Hand 44 - Td3h: Yeah, again, this table sucks for .10/.20... definitely time for a new table.Hand 45 - 6c4d: I'd be asking for a new deck now too...Hand 46 - QdAc: Here we go... from the BB this hand could go either way preflop, but I think most would agree that this is a raise. As played, good fold on the flopHand 47 - Js4h: And the cold-deck continues...Hand 48 - Qh6s: Yup...Hand 49 - Jc2c: Muck it fast!Hand 50 - QhKh: Preflop is perfect. As for the flop, why are you leading? You have no pair, and no real draw. Having said that, I'm not giving up just yet. Pot is pretty big, so I'd check/call the flop and see what happens on the turn. I'm probably check/calling the turn here as well. I don't know if I'm doing that right though... I've been too weak to raise when I hit my pair outs lately when against a preflop raiser. I think that is probably too weak though. We should probably c/r this turn. River is good.Hand 51 - 8c5h: Back to boring...Hand 52 - Td8s: Yeah, I don't know if this was a misclick, or what, but you definitely folded the nuts...Hand 53 - 3dJs: Ugh...Hand 54 - 8h7s: Finally, everyone else has noticed that this table sucks, and they are all leaving, as should you...Hand 55 - 5c7h: Easy fold again, even 4 handed...Hand 56 - 4h2d: You are really getting cold-decked lately...Hand 57 - 2d8s: Speaking of a cold deck...Hand 58 - QhQc: Holy crap! Our first pocket pair... Yeah, he would probably slow play the T there, but he sure as hell wouldn't gaybet the turn with it. You are playing 3 handed. You have the best hand here way too much to not raise the turn. I'm raising the turn and betting the river. I'll slow down if I get c/r'ed or 3-bet. [edit - read Actuary's analysis - I like his line. I never think to use it though.]*************************************Overall, I didn't see any major leaks. You certainly understand what it means to play tight. I think you missed a few raises here and there, and were a tad loose in a couple situations in early position, but otherwise, it's a pretty decent session. You just got pretty cold-decked at the end. Also, the table sucked in the last about 15-20 hands. You should be actively seeking out loose passive tables. They should be easy to find at the .10/.20 level.*************************************Alrighty, that was fun. I may be back later for session 2. I hope this helps. If you, or any of the others have any comments or problems with my comments, please let me know :D- Zach

Zach:you fold A6s at Micro UTG?seems like he was getting 4+ to the flop..I guess that's not enough... oh well..I use loose game assumptions to much, maybe :)on the peel...well... it's loose.With 8 bets in the pot, I want to see a trun thoughKJ off to a raise preflop in SB?Tha'ts easy fold

Zach:you fold A6s at Micro UTG?seems like he was getting 4+ to the flop..I guess that's not enough... oh well..I use loose game assumptions to much, maybe :)on the peel...well... it's loose.With 8 bets in the pot, I want to see a trun thoughKJ off to a raise preflop in SB?Tha'ts easy fold
I thought KJ was...

Session 2:Hand 1 through 7: Good folds.Hand 8 - QhTh: I will limp this a lot from EP in loose games, so preflop is good (I hope :club:). I will lead that flop all day as well. Turn bet is probably good as well, however with 3 callers, somebody probably has a jack. A case can be made for c/c, but if we are calling anyways, we might as well bet. River I think is a check. If it's one bet back to us, we can probably call getting 9 or 10-1, but folding if it's 2 back.Hand 9 - 5h7s: Standard.Hand 10 - TcQh: Fold preflop, it's not close.Hand 11 through 16: All good folds.Hand 17 - 5h7d: I'm not betting the flop. As a matter of fact, I'm folding it for one bet. The pot is way too small to be chasing gutshot draws.Hand 18 through 21: Good folds.Hand 22 - AhKd: "I want to force them out, right?" - Yes and no. Yes because a hand like AKo is easier to play against 1 or 2 opponents, and no because you will have an equity edge here no matter how many people call, so we are making money with every bet we put in preflop here. On the flop, 2 of the 3 opponents already checked, so I will fire out a bet, and call one bet if raised. On the turn, if we still have 3 opponents, as in this case, I'm checking. If it's heads up, I'll fire a second bullet. As played, I would c/c since we have outs and the pot is quite large. Since we bet the turn, calling the raise is ok if we think we have two live cards still. A lot of the time we do. River is a fold UI. Ok, so for the record. Buddy list hevynuts. He called two cold with 24s.Hand 23, 24: Folds.Disclaimer: I'm not a shorthanded expert by any means, so take the advice on the following hands with a grain of salt.Hand 25 - 8d9h: Ok, we are 4 handed now. Open limping into any pot is pretty bad. If you want to play this hand, you should raise it. I would fold it though. As is, flop is good.Hand 26 - 9dAs: Well played.Hand 27 - 3dJh: Good fold.Hand 28 - AcJh: Looks good to me. 3 handed, I'm keeping the pressure on with my ace high, it'll be good UI enough, if not we have lots of outs.Hand 29 - 8hTc: Seems ok to me.Hand 30 - Js7s: Like I said before, 3 handed, I wouldn't limp much from the button, but I'd play a lot since we have the positional advantage. I'd be raising a hand like this. As played, flop fold is good.Hand 31 - 6s8s: Some people might tell you to raise once the SB completes, and that's not a bad idea, again we have position, which is super important.Hand 32 - AsQs: Preflop, flop are good. Turn is fine as well, I'll call his raise as he almost never has the jack. River call is the only debatable action. Getting 8-1 I'll make a crying call with the second nut no-pair.Hand 33 - 8cJh: Raise 'er up, or fold preflop, IMO. I could be wrong on this because I don't play much 3 handed, but position is so important in these 2 or 3 handed games that you could raise any two decent cards here and have it be +ev.**********************General Comments based on both sessions:Stealing pots: I don't recommend this at all when you are at a full table. Like the one I mentioned where you led with a gutshot draw because you sensed weakness. Now this applies to all levels, but especially micro limits, but most players will find any excuse to call. Very rarely will you find a situation where it can be +ev to make a bluff in limit, especially on the flop. If you just play straight forward, you'll still make a lot of money.Shorthanded play: Seems like in both sessions you didn't mind once it got down to 3 or 4 handed. If I were you, I'd recommend trying to stay at a table with 8-10 players because then you can play the same style without having to rethink and adapt for shorthanded play. You'll notice we have a shorthanded forum specifically, since SH differs so much from full ring. Like you said, you are a newbie to poker, so I would recommend learning full ring first, by playing at full tables before moving to the shorthanded tables if you are interested in them. Just my opinion, however. Again, I'm no SH expert, but I noticed some things that you could do in full ring, but not SH, such as limping on the button, which is why I recommend staying with the 10-handed tables as much as possible.Table selection: This goes with the above comment on shorthanded play. Don't be afraid to switch tables frequently. Playing online makes that very easy to do. The ideal table, and the easiest to beat, is one that is loose and passive. In your first session, you had a very good table going, but after a while, it turned into a pretty tight game with the BB even getting a walk every now and then. There's no excuse for a smart player to stay at that table when there's got to be tons of .10/.20 tables going. You should be able to find a good one without a problem.**********************Anyways, that's all I can think of at the moment. Like I said before, I didn't see any huge leaks, just a few things here and there to patch up, but that's completely natural. Best of luck at the tables.Also, another fantastic way to learn is to post individual hands that you had a question about (using the converter, etc, if you don't know what that is, ask me :D, or read the sticky in gen. strat.), AND replying to other hands that are posted with what you would do, without reading the replies. After you post, go back and read the replies and see if you were close or what. And if you say something that is blatantly a mistake or something, don't worry, someone will let you know :D....lolAnyways, I hope this helped.- Zach

Hand 52 - Td8s: Yeah, I don't know if this was a misclick, or what, but you definitely folded the nuts...
Yeah, someone was just talking to me, I didn't pay much attention and I noticed just as I was clicking :club: I left it there as a test whether anyone would notice - good spot :D
Hand 17 - 5h7d: I'm not betting the flop. As a matter of fact, I'm folding it for one bet. The pot is way too small to be chasing gutshot draws.
I understand, I just thought that they both seemed rather weak now so that I could steal the pot (but it didn't really work :D).I read through your comments two times already and I will read it at least once more... thanks A LOT :D

I just have to say that it's totally cool you guys are taking the time to help a player improve there game. props to you guys

I just have to say that it's totally cool you guys are taking the time to help a player improve there game. props to you guys
my supervisor disagrees, but thanks for the props!and I don't mind helping Zach, he's a good kid