Final Fantasy Series

final fantasy 7 KICKED ***!!!!!!wow, that game was sooooooooooo sweet. ill never forget playing it. that might sound gay but it really was that good. i think sometime soon im gonna play through it again. havent really had time to play any of the others. i got most of the way through 8 but then my memory card got messed up. that realy pissed me off.

Couple of questions for all you hardcore fans out there.1) What is the greatest game ever in the series?2) Heard anything new about FF XII?
greatest game was FF7...hands downtry hear for FF12ff12
why do you ask zimmer? looking to get into them or something? if you havent played 7 play that one before you even think about getting any of the new ones
No, I'm a huge fan of the series, and also think 7 was the best in the series, and furthermore, the best game I have ever played. I guess just looking to get some discussion going about it.

7 was great, and the movie is just outstanding.as for my favorite, 8's definitely that.i've actually heard that 12 is uber-confusing. but that's just talk, i haven't seen it yet.

7 was great, and the movie is just outstanding.as for my favorite, 8's definitely that.i've actually heard that 12 is uber-confusing. but that's just talk, i haven't seen it yet.
I thought that 8 was the only one that rivaled 7 in terms of storyline, but I think 7 had a better storyline, as well as a better magic system. However, 7 had Sephiroth, who is quite possibly the most badass character in any game ever.

Without a doubt FF7, quite possibly the best game ever, IMO. The new DVD is also excellent. I haven't played a game that has rivaled FF7 for storyline, gameplay, and overall greatness....Garnes

Would I have to have played the game to enjoy the movie? The only FF game i have played was teh original on regular nintendo.
From what I have heard, you had to play the game to get what's going on in the movie. However, I would definitely reccomend picking up the game, you can get it for PC if you want, for probably under $20. It is literally one of the greatest games ever, especially if you're at all a fan of RPGs.
However, 7 had Sephiroth, who is quite possibly the most badass character in any game ever.
YEShis sword was like 10 feet long, and he just owned everything. well, everything until the end. i remember when you got to play as him at one point in the story, and he was like 20 times stronger than your normal characters. one hit and you would kill anything with him. there were a lot of badass characters in that game. dajango or whatever his name was, the wolf, he was awsome. same with cid, especially when you got his best limit break and he would rain down bombs on everyone.
I thought that 8 was the only one that rivaled 7 in terms of storyline, but I think 7 had a better storyline, as well as a better magic system. However, 7 had Sephiroth, who is quite possibly the most badass character in any game ever.
if you think that 8 rivaled 7 in terms of storyline, then you definetly didn't play 6(realeased as 3 on the snes). I also think that most of you haven't really delved into 6 that much, because 6 and 7 are generally considered 1 and 1a in terms of the best FFs. X was also very good too

To tell you the truth, I only really liked the orginal. I felt the others were too.. scrpited, you didn't get enough choice in building a group. When I play a rpg, I like to be able to pick out the characters I use, and what not.. I like the D& D style RPG better.

Would I have to have played the game to enjoy the movie? The only FF game i have played was teh original on regular nintendo.
the movie actually has a special feature on the dvd that does an entire reminscence of the game. for me, it was just a trip back into history lane.but anyone who hadn't played the game before will most likely get a grasp at what had already happened.
if you think that 8 rivaled 7 in terms of storyline, then you definetly didn't play 6(realeased as 3 on the snes). I also think that most of you haven't really delved into 6 that much, because 6 and 7 are generally considered 1 and 1a in terms of the best FFs. X was also very good too
I've played 3 for SNES back when I was real young, so I don't think I was old enough to appreciate the storyline truly. However, it was a very good game, and I do think III was better than 8, but I don't think it comes close to 7 honestly.
I've played 3 for SNES back when I was real young, so I don't think I was old enough to appreciate the storyline truly. However, it was a very good game, and I do think III was better than 8, but I don't think it comes close to 7 honestly.
i'd say it's kind of gone downhill since.after 8, i have yet to finish a final fantasy game. i got to disc 3 of 9, and realized that is was just ridiculous and put it away.i haven't finished 10, basically because i didn't have time to anymore.and of course, there's no point in starting 10-2 until i finish 10.but there really hasn't been an incredibly involved final fantasy game since 8, and to me it's a toss up between 7 and 8 as to which is better.part of why i preferred 8 was that the ending was what i expected, unlike 7. but 7's climbing back up the charts since advent children came out and answered the questions you wanted answered.

I thought X was average, a bit too linear for me, not enough plot twists, you kinda knew where you were going at all times.X-2 was the worst FF game ever. It felt like it was marketed towards 10 year old girls. Hanguk, my advice is, don't finish X, don't start playing X-2. Just wait til XII comes out.

X-2 was the worst FF game ever. It felt like it was marketed towards 10 year old girls. Hanguk, my advice is, don't finish X, don't start playing X-2. Just wait til XII comes out.
meh, i wasn't really planning on it.not even sure i'll buy 12 when it comes out. just depends on what i hear about it between now and then.
meh, i wasn't really planning on it.not even sure i'll buy 12 when it comes out. just depends on what i hear about it between now and then.
Yeah, from what it looks like, 12 will be much closer to 7 and 8 than X.
Yeah, from what it looks like, 12 will be much closer to 7 and 8 than X.
what i didn't like about x was the lack of free roaming, no world map stuff like that. that needs to be brought back in 12.

I never really played any of the games once they left Nintendo platforms, as such my opinion is biased. Personally, my favourite is FF2 (4) on the snes, followed very closesly by FF3 (6).

you really need to play 6 again. It is a very deep game and a lot of storyline to work through. If you find all of the characters in the game and take the time to work all of the storylines, then you will realize that it is very close to 7 IMO. The fact that at any point there is meaning for every character in the game is massive(as honestly, cait sith has to be one of the most worthless characters that any FF has ever come up with). You end up with 15 characters in all at the end. I say give that game a go again
I never played any of the games, but I remember being wasted in college watching someone play chocobo races..which one was that?
7Or 10.Probably 7, though.Those tracks are really conducive to being on some sort of hallucinogenic substance, although alcohol will probably do fine anyway.