Must Be Learning Something Here

just finished 347th in a 11,000 person prty freeroll. Too bad you have to make final table to see any $$ but its my own little victory of sorts...I applied what I've learned here so far and just flamed everyone incessantly whenever they spoke :D seriously though - early on people do play like complete idiots but banking on that only gets you so far.......something must be sinking in from hanging around here. :club:

just finished 347th in a 11,000 person prty freeroll. Too bad you have to make final table to see any $$ but its my own little victory of sorts...I applied what I've learned here so far and just flamed everyone incessantly whenever they spoke :D seriously though - early on people do play like complete idiots but banking on that only gets you so far.......something must be sinking in from hanging around here. :club:
11,000 people huh....sounds like the 06 main event if there wasn't a cap already set upon it. And thats all I have to say about that.

they do them on the weekends (actually maybe its every day - I usually only play on friday). like 4 of them. $500 freeroll - top 10 positions pay. first is like $95 or something, 4-10th pays $40 I think?capped at 11,000 entries. People go crazy, field was down to about 3,000 at first break......

they do them on the weekends (actually maybe its every day - I usually only play on friday). like 4 of them. $500 freeroll - top 10 positions pay. first is like $95 or something, 4-10th pays $40 I think?capped at 11,000 entries. People go crazy, field was down to about 3,000 at first break......
They run everyday on pp. I've final tabled about 3 just to keep money in my pp account. Its a trapping tournament. People will not fold 1 pair.

I've been doing pretty decent lately at the party freerolls. I've been playing the WSOP satelite qualifiers where the top 50 get to play for a wsop seat each saturday. I've now qualified 4 times, including getting 6th out of the huge 3500 field a few days ago.It's amazing how crazy people play at those, I couldn't be the first one knocked out of those tournaments if I TRIED.

ive played afew of them the past few nites. final table both nites. first nite came 10th second nite i came 7th
They run everyday on pp. I've final tabled about 3 just to keep money in my pp account. Its a trapping tournament. People will not fold 1 pair.
you're not kidding...NL Texas Hold'em Trny:21585635 Level:3 Blinds(50/100) - Friday, April 28, 22:20:07 ET 2006Table $500 Freeroll(40254) Table #169 Seat 3 is the buttonTotal number of players : 10 Seat 1: jc002 ( $2760 )Seat 2: blackjack52 ( $2760 )Seat 3: jeanzcon ( $1710 )Seat 4: TMH1114 ( $2790 )Seat 5: TheOmen16 ( $6625 )Seat 6: tina1972111 ( $2820 )Seat 7: cvkid111 ( $2820 )Seat 8: daddy2888 ( $5045 )Seat 9: kianast ( $2760 )Seat 10: Cavalier23 ( $2029 )Trny:21585635 Level:3Blinds(50/100)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to TheOmen16 [ 5c 9c ]cvkid111 folds.tina1972111 folds.daddy2888 folds.kianast folds.Cavalier23 folds.jc002 folds.blackjack52 folds.jeanzcon raises [200].TMH1114 folds.TheOmen16 calls [100].** Dealing Flop ** [ 9h, Ad, 5h ]>You have options at Play money 4043330 Table!.TheOmen16 bets [400].jeanzcon is all-In [1510]TheOmen16 calls [1110].** Dealing Turn ** [ 2c ]** Dealing River ** [ 2s ]TheOmen16 shows [ 5c, 9c ] two pairs, nines and fives.jeanzcon shows [ 5d, 2d ] a full house, Twos full of fives.jeanzcon wins 3470 chips from the main pot with a full house, Twos full of fives.are you KIDDING MEguy had called down middle pair about 3 times prior to this...so I called his push. read was right, just a stupid suck-out.
I've never really heard of someone placing 347th and being pumped. You're like YES! I didn't even cash... Whats your SN? LOL
You could be pumped when it your first time lasting the first break mark (I recall I was really pumped the first time doing that)Now if he continues doing well, gets in the money, he can really be pleased.

What is the cap on the WSOP?I don't think there's anyway they can even have a cap...think about how many private clubs, B&Ms, online sites, radio giveaways, etc. etc. etc. are giving away entries. I think this year we'd be lucky to be under 25,000 entries.Eventually I think people and sites are going to have to register a certain amount of spots ahead of time...I just have a feeling that private bar owners and giveaways are going to give away WSOP seats that won't exist because of the cap.

What is the cap on the WSOP?I don't think there's anyway they can even have a cap...think about how many private clubs, B&Ms, online sites, radio giveaways, etc. etc. etc. are giving away entries. I think this year we'd be lucky to be under 25,000 entries.Eventually I think people and sites are going to have to register a certain amount of spots ahead of time...I just have a feeling that private bar owners and giveaways are going to give away WSOP seats that won't exist because of the cap.
I thought it was illegal to cap a poker tourney in NV?
It's amazing how crazy people play at those, I couldn't be the first one knocked out of those tournaments if I TRIED.
I played in one of this once and tripled up on the very first hand. I was thinking I had to be the chipleader by then, but nope. Some other dude already had 5x starting amount, lol.