Daniels New Set Of Clubs

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/product_detail.asp?pID=23Taylor Made R7 CGB IronsGreat game improvement irons and very forgiving. They are expensive for a reason, they are made very well. I sell tons of them and havent had (1) complaint. Look into them or go to your local shop for a demo.Good Luck...
I have these irons they rock. get the hybird club to great club and if you want to take 5 to 10 strokes off your game get a club called the chipper its not a legal club but it helps around the greens big time.
http://www.taylormadegolf.com/product_detail.asp?pID=23Taylor Made R7 CGB IronsGreat game improvement irons and very forgiving. They are expensive for a reason, they are made very well. I sell tons of them and havent had (1) complaint. Look into them or go to your local shop for a demo.Good Luck...
Taylor Made are quality clubs. I have a 3 year old set of Taylor Made Irons that are great.
Those are ok, but I would reccomend the Ping G5. Most popular game improvement iron in golf. They are the best cast clubs money can buy and have a lifetime warranty. Karsten Solheim was a genius. And I dont even like Ping. I work at a golf retail store and Pings sell better then any other manufacturer. The G5 driver was also rated best driver. I work at 2Golf in New Jersey. There is a store in Las Vegas. We deal mostly with preswung equipment, but we sell alot of new stuff too. Its such a great idea. You can trade in your old equipment to upgrade to better stuff.

Taylor Made's rock. I'm playing Mizuno's right now (when I play, lol) and always looking, tweeking, drooling.Make sure you hit a bunch of 'em. Gotta go with what feels best and is most forgiving, just get GOOD ones.And no club will improve your game like the Instructors Club! Lessons baby.Let us know what you ended up with.Golf and poker... does it get any better??? :club:

Taylor Made's rock. I'm playing Mizuno's right now (when I play, lol) and always looking, tweeking, drooling.Make sure you hit a bunch of 'em. Gotta go with what feels best and is most forgiving, just get GOOD ones.And no club will improve your game like the Instructors Club! Lessons baby.Let us know what you ended up with.Golf and poker... does it get any better??? :club:
Sex, Golf & Poker....
Mizuno makes the best clubs. Period. Its all about grain flow forged. Nothing feels better then a mizuno hit perfectly. The new MP 60s are unreal. Sweetest club out right now.
Mizuno makes the best clubs for better players 10 HCP and lower. They are not too good with game improvement irons, they make the best forged blades.
THey make the best irons for players with handicaps 14 and lower. The MX 23s are great for players who are above average players but still want some forgiveness. They do make the best blades. Tiger played Mizuno all through college and even early on in his pro career. He was still playing Mizuno even though he signed with Titleist. The reason being that Mizuno has a patent on there forging process and Titleist was not allowed to replicate their irons. So Titleist had Mizuno make Tigers irons and Titleist would stamp their name on the irons.
THey make the best irons for players with handicaps 14 and lower. The MX 23s are great for players who are above average players but still want some forgiveness. They do make the best blades. Tiger played Mizuno all through college and even early on in his pro career. He was still playing Mizuno even though he signed with Titleist. The reason being that Mizuno has a patent on there forging process and Titleist was not allowed to replicate their irons. So Titleist had Mizuno make Tigers irons and Titleist would stamp their name on the irons.
Thats what I said.....I disagree that Mizuno makes good cavity back game improvement irons though. Taylor Made, Callaway & Ping are clubmakers geared towards higher HCP golfers.
Thats what I said.....I disagree that Mizuno makes good cavity back game improvement irons though. Taylor Made, Callaway & Ping are clubmakers geared towards higher HCP golfers.
I didnt say they made good game improvement irons. I said they make good irons for players that are above average or better. Thats 14 HCP and better. Callaway and Ping are geared towards higher HCP golfers, but Taylor Made is great for any golfer. The TP irons are amazing. Great feel. The LTs are good too. And then like you said, the r7s are great game improvement irons.

Looking for opinions: The first set of clubs I bought included a set of Pin irons and orlimar woods including an orlimar driver. Didn't like the driver much, but really like the graphite shaft irons and the Orlimar woods... I was thinking about replacing my current set with the Ping Irons, and suggestions?

Looking for opinions: The first set of clubs I bought included a set of Pin irons and orlimar woods including an orlimar driver. Didn't like the driver much, but really like the graphite shaft irons and the Orlimar woods... I was thinking about replacing my current set with the Ping Irons, and suggestions?
One thing I noticed is you didn't mention what kind of putter or wedges you have/had...or for that matter what type of ball.As far as woods, careful of Titleist fairway woods since they are hard to hit unless you play atleast twice a week. I'm not sure your handicap but when you do decide on fairway woods make sure to consider loft(15 and 18 degree are best, 21's too high). I'm really a fan of the r7 fairway woods, or even callaway. Right now I have 13.5 degree titleist from 2003 but i'm also looking to get some new clubs once I graduate from WMU in a week.
One thing I noticed is you didn't mention what kind of putter or wedges you have/had...or for that matter what type of ball.As far as woods, careful of Titleist fairway woods since they are hard to hit unless you play atleast twice a week. I'm not sure your handicap but when you do decide on fairway woods make sure to consider loft(15 and 18 degree are best, 21's too high). I'm really a fan of the r7 fairway woods, or even callaway. Right now I have 13.5 degree titleist from 2003 but i'm also looking to get some new clubs once I graduate from WMU in a week.
Frankly, I don't like the way the Callaway woods feel. The Orlimar woods were very forgiving and that's what I'm looking for. As for wedges, the best club in my bag is the Cleveland Sandwedge. As for a driver, I'm torn. I need to find a driver that controls the slice otherwise I get into trouble. As for handicap, I don't normally break 100 but I flirt with it and have done so a few times.
Frankly, I don't like the way the Callaway woods feel. The Orlimar woods were very forgiving and that's what I'm looking for. As for wedges, the best club in my bag is the Cleveland Sandwedge. As for a driver, I'm torn. I need to find a driver that controls the slice otherwise I get into trouble. As for handicap, I don't normally break 100 but I flirt with it and have done so a few times.
I don't like the feel of Callaways either, but my dad does and he's a higher handicap(+16) so I was just throwing that out there. I used to have a terrible slice problem myself considering I'm a baseball player, but cured it with a changing my shaft on my Titliest 957D. I changed it to a stronger graffaloy from the factory one, and literally woke up my game. The problem is I don't think I recommend it for you since my swing speed is on the higher end.If I were you i'd goto a decent range and demo some clubs. Hit off grass(and use a normal tee for drivers) and just go with what feels right. Most courses with a decent range will let you do it for free, and some might even have a club fitting offered.

By the Way my (going to be old)bag looks like....Titliest 975D Graffaloy shaft13.5 Fairway wood60 degree Vokey56 degree gunmetal ClevelandPing Zing PutterWilson fatshaft Irons (graphite shaft)Titliest HP Tour BallTalk about the most forgiving irons in the world, even though they don't make sense for a 2 handicap. They add 10-15 yards EASY, which make a huge difference on par 3s. On the 200yd+ going from a 3 iron to a 5 iron which is a gift with these clubs. The only problem is I get killed in wind since I hit them so high, and its hard to shape shots consistantly. I'll also take that hit since hitting them from under trees means you can advance the ball so far when in trouble. ...haha btw I just flopped quads and got 2 all ins before me at the same time Joe Carter hit his World Series HR on ESPN classic.

http://www.pinggolf.com/irons_g5.htmlhttp://www.cobragolf.com/drivers/details.asp?id=14http://www.cobragolf.com/fairways/details.asp?id=7If you are going with Ping, go with the G5, it is very forgiving. Some people do not like the look of Pings but if you have played them already you are probably used to them. As for forgiving woods, try the Cobra M speed offset woods, very forgiving also and the offset helps you work the ball left to right(will help your slice). The best wedges on the market for the last 10 yrs have been the Cleveland 588 wedges, the new wedges (CG10, CG11) are not as good IMO. They new Cleveland wedges will be out soon (DSG), they look awesome. Hope this helps you....
http://www.pinggolf.com/irons_g5.htmlhttp://www.cobragolf.com/drivers/details.asp?id=14http://www.cobragolf.com/fairways/details.asp?id=7If you are going with Ping, go with the G5, it is very forgiving. Some people do not like the look of Pings but if you have played them already you are probably used to them. As for forgiving woods, try the Cobra M speed offset woods, very forgiving also and the offset helps you work the ball left to right(will help your slice). The best wedges on the market for the last 10 yrs have been the Cleveland 588 wedges, the new wedges (CG10, CG11) are not as good IMO. They new Cleveland wedges will be out soon (DSG), they look awesome. Hope this helps you....
Just had a demo day at our club with Callaway and Ping. It just so happened those are the 2 clubs I wanted to choose from. I went with the I5's over the X Tours (which were a little heavy for my liking). Right now I have a FT-3 Tour (9.5) driver, but I am going to get the G-5 soon.I really like the look of Callaway's new wedges. It alson helps that Mr. Cleveland (formally of Cleveland golf) is working for Callaway.I was also going to suggest the new Cobra's with offset. But our residential pro beat me to that.As for Mizuno, I wouldn't recommend them for someone over a 5 handicap. Great players club, but not much on game improvement.My bag right now (soon to change):FT-3 Tour driver with NV-55 shaft X-stiffKing Cobra deep face 3 wood 9love this club, feels like a anvil)Titleist 5 wood3-PW Pings ISI with ZZ-65 shafts (stiff)53 and 60 cleveland wedgesScooty Cameron Red X PutterHX TOUR 56 ballMY new bag will be:Ping G5 driver 9 degree with YS-7 shaft (stiff)Callaway Tour X 3 wood with a fuji shaftsame 5 wood3-PW I5 irons (1/2 strong) with ZZ-65 shaft52 and 56 Callaway X wedgessame putter same ball
Until you get to a solid low 90's, screw the driver! Use a 3 wood Daniel. You won't give up that much distance and the control gained is well worth the trade off. Callaway makes the best one IMO. Not sure about Orlimar,but I know folks who love 'em.But if you have to have a driver Cobra makes a good one. And I know TaylorMade makes a driver that can be tweaked to promote a draw by moving weights on the head, which convemtional wisedom would mean less slice for you. I've read a bunch on this club and most users say it works! That said (and I'm sure there are many good golfers posting here so no offense) but I know Ozi knows his shizzle and has solid advice. Heck, the guy is a golf pro and if not for a rare eye condition would be playing on tour right now! Pretty solid.Whatever you do, go hit what you want to buy AT A REAL COURSE ON REAL GRASS first if at all possible. Hitting off real conditions will help eliminate possible buyers remorse/surprises later (i.e. "but it felt so good in the store!")The Ping g5's are a great choice, and Cleveland 588 wedges are very very good. If nothing else you will have great stuff and be looking good out there.Anxious to hear what you ended up buying. :club:

Here's my 2 cents and assuming price is no object...Driver - Taylor Made R7 and set it to promote a right to left flight. Failing that I had tremendous results with the old King Cobra drivers with the offset face for controlling my slice, back when I had one. When you start hitting it straight the scores go down, way down. Fairway woods - this to me is no contest - Callaway all the way. I currently use the Hawkeye Titanium and it is very sweet. If I were you I'd get a 3, 5, 7 and maybe a 9 wood, if you're struggling to break 100. I don't think they make the Hawekeye any more but whatever they have is likely one of the best. Richard Helmsteader is a genius.Irons - I use Hogan Apex blades, but they're not for everyone. Graphite shafts are super for getting the ball in the air and I would recommend Cobra irons to go with them. They are set strong so hitting an 8 iron when your friends are hitting 5's is a fun benefit. They are also offset usually to help with squaring the face. Many people like the Callaway irons but if you don't these are a good alternative. I've never liked Ping.Wedges - Cleveland copper. You're already there.Putter - the two-ball odyssey is my choice - easiest to set up and I love the soft face. When you're playing, think more about speed and less about line. At the 100 level 3 putts cost you more than missing the first one.Ball - any top of the line modern ball. Titleist Prov1 or Nike 1 Platinum are my favorites.Also - get a stand bag and play the course walking in the early mornings until you break 100 (or better yet, 90), no riding. Take lots of lessons and practice and practice and practice.

I'm new to golf and am certaintly not an expert, but most high end clubs are compareable to one another in terms of performance, it's a matter of preference more than anything else.The best thing to do is to just get it custom fitted and figure what feels best for you. Not just the clubs, but the grip, shaft, flex, length, etc. If you're planning to spend so much money on a set, you might as well try to make the best informed decision you can. As for the driver, there are several clubs that have a draw bias that helps reduce/eliminate the slice. Eg. Callaway Ft-3 - draw (one of two drivers Mickleson uses for his two recent wins), the Taylormade R7 can be adjusted with the weights to set the bias one way or another.In my opinion, it's probably best to just get golf lessons and learn to make a proper golf swing than it is buy expensive equipment that helps reduce a flawed golf swing.But I'm just a beginner...so what do I know

I agree about the Cobra M speed offset woods. Very good clubs and probably right up Daniels alley. Also, I would reccomend a driver with more thent the normal amount of loft. Something that is 12 or 13 degrees would be more beneficial. And the DSG wedges are great. The tour grind is great. You no longer have to grind down your wedges. It makes things alot easier.
Until you get to a solid low 90's, screw the driver! Use a 3 wood Daniel. You won't give up that much distance and the control gained is well worth the trade off. Callaway makes the best one IMO. Not sure about Orlimar,but I know folks who love 'em.But if you have to have a driver Cobra makes a good one. And I know TaylorMade makes a driver that can be tweaked to promote a draw by moving weights on the head, which convemtional wisedom would mean less slice for you. I've read a bunch on this club and most users say it works! That said (and I'm sure there are many good golfers posting here so no offense) but I know Ozi knows his shizzle and has solid advice. Heck, the guy is a golf pro and if not for a rare eye condition would be playing on tour right now! Pretty solid.Whatever you do, go hit what you want to buy AT A REAL COURSE ON REAL GRASS first if at all possible. Hitting off real conditions will help eliminate possible buyers remorse/surprises later (i.e. "but it felt so good in the store!")The Ping g5's are a great choice, and Cleveland 588 wedges are very very good. If nothing else you will have great stuff and be looking good out there.Anxious to hear what you ended up buying. :club:
Manufacturers are offering drivers in higher lofts now because the bigger heads are harder to get similar trajectories that ppl used to get. So you dont have to get rid of the driver anymore. That used to be the case, but Nike, Ping, and a few others are offering drivers in 13 degree lofts now. They are even easier to hit. YOu get the forgiveness of the big heads and the higher spin rate of a 3 wood. That means straighter drives even on offcenter hits. And no offense to Ozium, but golf pros dont always know alot about equipment. It doesnt seem to be the case for Ozium, but alot of pros are more interested in the actual game and the mechanics of the swing then they are in the equipment. They will know what is good for them, but they dont always know about what is good for others. But Ozium knows what he is talking about.Oh and one last thing for Daniel. Make sure you get the correct shafts and the correct lie angles for the clubs. Nothing is more important then those 2 aspects.

I play the Ping I3's and like them alot.Driver Titleist speeder shaft3 wood4 wedges cause I hit it so far and have a bad short gameping putterIf you could buy a good game I would be on the tour. I have custom fitted clubs etc. and a really cool USA leather bag, but I play once every other week, you'll never get good unless you commit to practice.The Taylor made driver that you can adjust makes me wonder if that's what you really want to do. Get a club that compensates for a bad swing? Reinforcing you to maintain a swing flaw is -EV. Get your swing corrected and then this driver can be set for the course, instead of your flaws And I play whatever ball I found last time I played. I have a slice habit because I shift my hips forward too much to get 5 more yards. Otherwise I have a worker who's husband works at the Reserve and he gives me about 20 ProV's every month or so that he finds on the course. Half the courses I play use ProV's for range balls. I like the Noodle ball myself.We have 120+ golf courses in Palm Springs area, 5 indian casino spreading poker, and 4 good cigar stores...heaven