Some Things In Life That The Bible Deems "wrong"

And i'm not sure where you get the 2% number---i've heard anywhere from 5-10%--never a number as low as 2%. Maybe that is just wishfull thinking on the part of people who are bent on marginalizing and demonizing a group of people who deserve respect just like everyone else.
I do remember hearing in class, though I don't have a source so be careful, that the original estimate of 10% was far too high and that the true percentage is closer to 2-3%.
I do remember hearing in class, though I don't have a source so be careful, that the original estimate of 10% was far too high and that the true percentage is closer to 2-3%.
Like i said in my most recent posts---i agree that 10% is too high. I also think 2-3% is too low considering the other studies i've heard of that say the range is around 5-7%.Either way--if anyone believes that, because the percentage is only 2-3%, that it isn't a fight worth fighting---well only 3% of the world are Jewish and anti-semitism is still inappropriate--as well are any laws/actions that would treat them as second class citizens.(note--i know that this isn't why Balloon Guy brought up the number--it is just an argument i've heard a 1000 times and never quite understood why that should impact the analysis).

Overmasturbation can lead to several difficulties; depression and nerve damage to name a few. It is however safe to masturbate 3-4 times a week and there are certainly people who, if they did not masturbate would build up severe aggression and commit rape or assault.Masturbation can also relieve a lot of stress, as a second option to sex, why not?I don't understand male homosexuality, that's why I don't judge or comment about it. I accept homosexuals as equal men and think no less of them because I don't understand them. I do not wish to understand either, because I'm perfectly happy with being clueless about how they feel :lol:All I can say is that women are soft, smooth and smell nice. men are hairy, hard (if in shape) and usually don't smell quite AS NICE. Now I know you could argue for liking the latter but hell nooooooooo!

• 2 weeks later...
Really? Most of the gay guys i know are in MUCH better shape than the average guy. Most of us would kill to be in that good of shape.I'm willing to bet there are little differences between the two lifestyles. In regards to sexual diseases--there are manwhores on both sides of the isle, so if there is a difference, it isn't much of one.Got any evidence to back up your comment, besides some possible anecdotal evidence?
I can't believe I read this far, or that I'm replying, but I think if there actually is a reason why straight men may live longer than gay men it's probably got a lot to do with the fact that straight men tend to marry women, who then force them to give up things like drinking, smoking, eating lousy food, and staying up late. Gay men have no such problem and in that, and for the peace they must experience during football season when no one wants to change the channel to Martha Stewart Living, I envy them.
Gay men have no such problem and in that, and for the peace they must experience during football season when no one wants to change the channel to Martha Stewart Living, I envy them.
Assuming of course that the gay men don't already watch Martha Stewart Living...
  • 2 weeks later...
I forget the author but there is a book called 'None of These Diseases' about how Moses, when he instituted the Hebrew standard for living ie health and sanitation was so revolutionary that it points to a divine influence.For example Moses came from Eqypt, where they taught a cut was to be covered in Donkey dung, and the Bible said to wash a cut in running not stagnent water. Go to the bathroom outside the camp perimeters, etc.Written by a doctor and it's point were pretty interesting.The rest of the stuff is not that hard to understand, anyone who thinks homosexuals don't suffer from their practises are kidding themselves. Ask a doctor about the average homosexual male's health status and it is far below the average heterosexual, and that's not including HIV/Aids. It's an unhealthy lifestyle.
Well maybe we should look deaper into the reasons "why" homosexuals may suffer from more health problems. Not like I believe this comment is true but if I did I think it could be explained not by sexual preference but social status.Our society has socialized people to believe that this behaviour is wrong and deviant. How do you think this effects the targeted group? Feeling like who you are is not accepted or is wrong can have a huge effect on how you view yourself, which in turn could lead to self destructive behaviour ie: drug/ alcohol abuse, suicide, etc. Self respect and self worth is a large effect on how you treat yourself.I am not saying that this reflects gay people as a whole, but what I am trying to say is that we have to look at the big picture. If gay people have more health problems is it because they're gay? NO! If we make social changes that dont expet people to fall within narrow ideals of what we think is "normal" then we will see a healthier society overall.
Assuming of course that the gay men don't already watch Martha Stewart Living...
LOL :club::D