Pleased Don't Give Kobe The Mvp

Did anyone else find it kind of wierd how people voted with respect to Kobe? I'm not saying this with respect to how he did not win. I'm not surpised at all that he didnt win. I'm talking about how the voters actually voted for him (places 1-5). Since the new forum is making it a pain in the *** to format the list, just click on the link below to see the full voting.http://www.nba.com/news/nash_mvp_05-06.htmlKobe got the second highest number of 1st place votes, but got only the fifth highest of 2nd place votes. He was even fifith on 3rd place votes. He did get the most 5th place votes, but 22 voters did NOT even put him in the top 5 (that amount did suprise me). Thats kind of unusual. I didnt bother looking it up historically so correct me if I'm wrong, but usually the second highest first place vote getter will take 2nd (or at least 3rd).It seems as if was all or nothing when they were voting for Kobe. Either they thought he was the MVP or they didnt think he was close ( close with respect to a small field of MVP candidates). Not a lot of people in the middle. And now that I think about, that pretty much the opinions I've seen over the last couple of weeks (both of this forum and in other places).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told yall LEBRON was more valuable to his team than KOBE. The voting of basketball writers and the fact Kobe sucked in having his team lose 3-1 proves he is nowhere near as close to where Jordan was, or even where Lebron is right now. Nash deserves MVP, but the overall best player in the league is Lebron, as much as I hate him/Oh, and watch for the Wiz to get Kevin Garnett this summer. Maybe an Antawn, Etan Thomas, Jared Jeffries(sign and trade) deal is in the works? This trade will make the Wiz a top 4 team in the league with a starting lineup of Gilbert Arenas, Antonio Daniels, Caron Butler, Garnett, and Haywood.

Oh, and watch for the Wiz to get Kevin Garnett this summer. Maybe an Antawn, Etan Thomas, Jared Jeffries(sign and trade) deal is in the works? This trade will make the Wiz a top 4 team in the league with a starting lineup of Gilbert Arenas, Antonio Daniels, Caron Butler, Garnett, and Haywood.
I think your dreaming about KG going to Washington. I expect he will go out east somewhere, but I think Cleveland and the prospect of playing with LeBron is more appealing to KG.

If you want to argue something ridiculous, instead of debating Kobe/Nash, how does Tim Duncan get 33 points in MVP voting? 18.6 pts and 11 rpg as an MVP? Somebody was saying that it was ridiculous that Deron Williams got a first place vote for Rookie of the Year, how about sportswriters even considering Tim Duncan this year. While he is unquestionably a top 3 player when healthy, he wasnt even a top 20 player this year. Any votes cast for him were more bias and discriminate that any given or not given to Kobe.

If you want to argue something ridiculous, instead of debating Kobe/Nash, how does Tim Duncan get 33 points in MVP voting? 18.6 pts and 11 rpg as an MVP? Somebody was saying that it was ridiculous that Deron Williams got a first place vote for Rookie of the Year, how about sportswriters even considering Tim Duncan this year. While he is unquestionably a top 3 player when healthy, he wasnt even a top 20 player this year. Any votes cast for him were more bias and discriminate that any given or not given to Kobe.
No arguement from me, I'd argue that Tony Parker is more valuable on that team now.

The more I've thought about MVP voting, I don't understand why Dirk Nowitzki barely got any conisderation. His team has arguably less talent than the Suns, completely changed their philosophy and won more games than Nash or Kobe's team. He's obviously the teams star, a remarkably efficient player and also clutch as hell. I think he gets shorted due to the lack of flash in his game which is a shame.

The more I've thought about MVP voting, I don't understand why Dirk Nowitzki barely got any conisderation. His team has arguably less talent than the Suns, completely changed their philosophy and won more games than Nash or Kobe's team. He's obviously the teams star, a remarkably efficient player and also clutch as hell. I think he gets shorted due to the lack of flash in his game which is a shame.
I dont know about Dirk "barely getting any consideration." He placed 3rd in the voting. I wouldnt put him higher than LeBron. I'm pretty satisfied with him getting 3rd.And you cant be serious about that "talent" comment. The Mavs have way more talent than the Suns. As far as talent is concerned, the top 4 teams are easily the Pistons, Spurs, Mavs, and Heat. And the records reflect that.And I think Avery Johnson had way more to do with the Mavs changed philosophy than Dirk.I think people still consider Dirk mostly a scorer. He's not racking up the high assists numbers like other candidates. His rebounding number are OK but should be better considering he's such a mobile 7 footer. And he still doesnt play defense. I like Dirk, but I think thats what most people think.