Horrible Play With A 555 Flop? Mtt Donk Looking For Advice

3rd level of a $24+$2 touney in Fulltilt with about 900 players. I've got everyone but one guy covered and get AA utg. Raise 3xBB, everyone folds to BB, who has slightly less than average stack and he calls.Flop is 555. This is what I'm thinking. Chances are he doesn't have a 5, and if I push all in he might think I'm trying to make a move with AK or AQ and maybe he'll call with whatever pocket pair he has, giving me all his chips, or folding, giving me the blinds and the money in the pot.He turns over Ten Five offsuit, and takes most of my chips. Was this a bad play on my part, as far as my thought process? I'm thinking my preflop utg raise says nothing about a hand that matches up with 555, and there's a great chance he calls KK all the way down to 22.I usually play limit O8 cash games and I suck at MTTs besides luckboxing a couple of wins, and would love any advice. Feel free to flame if you add a little advice as well..

It wasn't a horrible play, maybe you could have bet less or checked instead of the instant push but inevitably you were going to go broke on that hand. It was a horrible play, just a really bad beat. There really wasn't any way you were not going to put every last chip in on that hand.

i think your raise shuld hve eliminated any 5s, except maybe A5s. theres nothing really wrong with your play, theres no way to get away from that hand

3rd level of a $24+$2 touney in Fulltilt with about 900 players. I've got everyone but one guy covered and get AA utg. Raise 3xBB, everyone folds to BB, who has slightly less than average stack and he calls.Flop is 555, with two spades. This is what I'm thinking. Chances are he doesn't have a 5, and if I push all in he might think I'm trying to make a move with AK or AQ and maybe he'll call with whatever pocket pair he has, giving me all his chips, or folding, giving me the blinds and the money in the pot.He turns over Ten Five offsuit, and takes most of my chips. Was this a bad play on my part, as far as my thought process? I'm thinking my preflop utg raise says nothing about a hand that matches up with 555, and there's a great chance he calls KK all the way down to 22.I usually play limit O8 cash games and I suck at MTTs besides luckboxing a couple of wins, and would love any advice. Feel free to flame if you add a little advice as well..
Not a bad play. You weren't going to get away from your aces there, and the majority of the time you could have gotten a call from a decent pocket pair. Putting somebody on the case 5, when they called a preflop raise is out of the question. One hand beats you, and he just happened to have it.

I like your play. I might be tempted to bet less since I think my hand is good and I want callers. There's no way you can expect anyone to have a 5 here though, so you're pretty much destined to go broke.

I like your play. I might be tempted to bet less since I think my hand is good and I want callers. There's no way you can expect anyone to have a 5 here though, so you're pretty much destined to go broke.
I thought that would actually scare him off. I thought a big bully bet on the flop would make it look like I was buying it and he'd call with a pocket pair of his own.Everyone's saying I was destined to go broke, but I'm not sure. If I played extremely weak-tight, and he thought he was only going to get so much from me, he may have made small bets to try to get at least some of my money. Again, I've gotta think that would have been really weak poker on my part though.

I disagree with a push here. Why push? You have the second nuts. The only way you are beat is if he already has a five. The only way you don't take down the whole pot is if he is holding an ace and the case 5 comes on the turn or river.Neither situation is likely. So why push? Pushing minimizes the amount of chips you will win, not getting called by overcards that may pair up on the turn or river, etc. Bet out big and see what the other guy does. He may fold, he may flat call, he may re-raise.If he folds, well, that's the breaks. You made some chips. Be happy.If he flat calls, start worrying and see what happens on the turn and river. See what he does when 9-A falls on the turn. You're in a shitty situation, but the more time you have to figure it out, the better you'll be in the long run. Holding the second nuts on a flop like this, you have, in general, a lot of time to figure out exactly what is happening. Time = information. Information = money.If he re-raises, I feel comfortable always pushing all in on the turn, no matter what. He might be tricky, but 9 times out of 10, he's not that tricky.Monty

theres no way youre getting away from it. your major risk is that he has a pocket pair bigger than 5s and has 4 outs to a bigger full house. Since you kill those drawing odds no matter how you play maximizing your return is the only consideration.I also think you will wind up pushing trying to represent a steal. The main thing is whether that is more likely to elicit a call on the flop, turn or river. I would probably take a two step approach...small bet on the flop, push on the turn. That looks like you were trying to buy it cheap, failed and then trying to buy it big. (Of course it also could be interpreted as trying to suck him in on the flop and take the rest of his chips on the river).The more you give him to think about the bigger the chance he'll make a bad decision, which is why I would go for the push on the turn.I dont see any turn card you dont push to though.The only thing that saves you on the hand is small bets on the flop and turn, and a pair higher than 5s showing up on the turn and river that you fear he matches. Unlikely cards, and not the line I would take.

3rd level of a $24+$2 touney in Fulltilt with about 900 players. I've got everyone but one guy covered and get AA utg. Raise 3xBB, everyone folds to BB, who has slightly less than average stack and he calls.Flop is 555. This is what I'm thinking. Chances are he doesn't have a 5, and if I push all in he might think I'm trying to make a move with AK or AQ and maybe he'll call with whatever pocket pair he has, giving me all his chips, or folding, giving me the blinds and the money in the pot.He turns over Ten Five offsuit, and takes most of my chips. Was this a bad play on my part, as far as my thought process? I'm thinking my preflop utg raise says nothing about a hand that matches up with 555, and there's a great chance he calls KK all the way down to 22.I usually play limit O8 cash games and I suck at MTTs besides luckboxing a couple of wins, and would love any advice. Feel free to flame if you add a little advice as well..
i dont like the push here. the hands you are hoping will call your allin(66-KK)are hands that would call, and more likely re-raise, if you made a smaller bet. I think you do much better in the long run making a standard raise here.in this case, you were almost certain to double him up no matter how you played it. in general i think pushing isn't the best play.