Official 2005 World Champion White Sox Thread

The umps played a huge part in the outcome of this game and the Sox lose again to the twins.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a game! The Sox got three in the first and Buehrle allowed 7 runs in the bottom of the first! He settled down and we got 1 in the third and 5 in the fourth. Buehrle settled down and pitched six innings to get the win. INNINGS1st Jermaine Dye (8) 3 run shot to center off Silva, Podsednik, Iguchi scored.3rd Jim Thome (15) solo shot to left center off Silva.4th A.J. Pierzynski (1) solo shot to right off Silva.The Sox got a triple play on the Twins. Someone tried bunting with men on 1st and 2nd and no outs and the guys on base started running when the ball was bunted. Konerko caught the pop up and threw it to first and then second. WOO what a game!Mark Buehrle was the first starting pitcher since jack powell in 1900 to allow 7+ runs in the first inning and go on to win. Very interesting.SOX WIN, SOX WIN! Let's get 'em tomorrow..Happy Mother's Day.

Series split with the Twins..Widger and Scotty P both hit their first HRs of the season, while Crede hit his 8th HR.Garcia pitched solid again and got his sixth win. Scotty, Widge, and Mackowiak all had three hits and the Sox won 7-3.We play three in TB tomorrow. .McCarthy gets his first start of the year tomorrow.

sad loss to the D rays but it happens. the late comeback fell short but thome hit another HR>. we'll take the next two for sure.

Sox scored three in the top of the eighth and won 5-2... Garland pitched well.

ugh d-rays took tonight's game 5-4 and won the series.. we play a weekend series vs. the cubs, SWEEP TIME

Sox beat the cubs 6-1 and Buehrle pitched a complete game 2 hitter.. He was great and Thome hit another HR.. Two more wins, hopefully.. going to the game tomorrow.

Went to the game today and Sox dominated again.. The cubs fans were restless from the start. We won 7-0 and Iguchi had a grand slam and a 2 run hr. Garcia won his 7th game and pitched 8 solid innings. There was a bench clearing brawl in the second inning which was very interesting to see. I guess Barrett punched AJ and four people were ejected. Pretty exciting.

Zito vs. Garland, should be a good one.. Frank returns to Chicago.. also good, We love you Frank!

The Big Hurt hit two home runs but we scored 3 in the eighth and won it in the tenth. Ozuna hit a suicide squeeze w/ two outs and that was it.. Dye and Mackowiak hit HRs in the eighth. Mack was pinch hitting..Frank Thomas got a standing ovation in the 2nd when he came to bat. He is the best or one of the best hitters ever to play here so it was well deserved. Welcome back Frank.BTW, read this article and you can see how big of a moron Jay Mariotti is... http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay21.htmlWow I don't think he deserves to have a job..

The Big Hurt hit two home runs but we scored 3 in the eighth and won it in the tenth. Ozuna hit a suicide squeeze w/ two outs and that was it.. Dye and Mackowiak hit HRs in the eighth. Mack was pinch hitting..Frank Thomas got a standing ovation in the 2nd when he came to bat. He is the best or one of the best hitters ever to play here so it was well deserved. Welcome back Frank.BTW, read this article and you can see how big of a moron Jay Mariotti is... http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay21.htmlWow I don't think he deserves to have a job..
That was a great game. I guess Ozuna bunted to the right side bc they had been noticing the pitcher would fall off to the left after the pitch. I'm going tonight, I hope Vasquez pitches well.
That was a great game. I guess Ozuna bunted to the right side bc they had been noticing the pitcher would fall off to the left after the pitch. I'm going tonight, I hope Vasquez pitches well.
bring back a victory. I think Vazquez will pitch pretty well.

Swept the A's which is a huge accomplishment for us. We were 4-14 the last two years before this year against the A's... Buehrle pitched very well and there was some timely hitting. The Sox are very good at hitting with two outs. I don't see the Tigers lasting all year long so hopefully they will lose soon so we can pass them up for good.

Damn, Jenks just DOMINATED the A's.
He is NASTY. You're gonna bring a 96-99 mph heater and then a mid 80s curve that just falls off the table but initially looks exactly the same as the fastball? Good luck.
He is NASTY. You're gonna bring a 96-99 mph heater and then a mid 80s curve that just falls off the table but initially looks exactly the same as the fastball? Good luck.
That strikeout of Kendall shouldn't even count against his batting average.

Salvaged the last game of the series in toronto and then we start a four game series in Cleveland.. lets take 3 at least.

Sox got back on their game and Thome hit two- 2 run HRs and Uribe hit a HR. Sox won 11-0 vs. the slumping Indians and Vazquez and the Sox threw a 2 hitter combined... Anderson hit some balls pretty hard and Uribe hit well today so I don't see them sending down Uribe yet. Anderson might be sent down after this series but let's see how he fairs against another lefty in Sabathia.

Sox beat themselves tonight. It's always frustrating to watch that happen.

Westbrook made us look like fools tonight shutting us out. Let's win tomorrow and come back home where we play well...I think it is time to make some changes. I would either send down Anderson or Uribe and bring up another offense player like Ryan Sweeney.