Official 2005 World Champion White Sox Thread

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to the game tonight, Koop. Contreras vs. Mays My prediction: 16-3, WSox.
FYP....Joe Mays is an ATROCIOUS pitcher....this game is already over...trust me. I am actually rooting for Mays to be horrible so we can get a clue and kick him out of the rotation...so I hope he gives up 10 runs in 3 innings and we win 14-13....lol. Either way...Mays is going to get lit up BIG TIME tonight.....if he can limit his walks he MIGHT be able to get through five innings only giving up six runs....but that's being optimistic...and that's just sad.
FYP....Joe Mays is an ATROCIOUS pitcher....this game is already over...trust me. I am actually rooting for Mays to be horrible so we can get a clue and kick him out of the rotation...so I hope he gives up 10 runs in 3 innings and we win 14-13....lol. Either way...Mays is going to get lit up BIG TIME tonight.....if he can limit his walks he MIGHT be able to get through five innings only giving up six runs....but that's being optimistic...and that's just sad.
Man, Konerko's blast in the first was a ****ing bomb. He jacked it. Thome + Konerko = dangerous on the dance floor.
Man, Konerko's blast in the first was a ****ing bomb. He jacked it. Thome + Konerko = dangerous on the dance floor.
Lol...I told you the game was over before it started. Joe Mays has no business pitching in the big leagues whatsoever, but for whatever retarded reason, we are keeping him around. Don't wanna "rush" any prospects, I guess.....with Jeremy "Offeldt" going tonight, it'll be more of the same, except we may be able to put up some runs with Garland going. Only game we have a chance of winning thought is the series finale with Elarton pitching.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but do you realize that Ozzie Guillen only thinks that the White Sox will make the playoffs?AHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAThe manager of the team doesn't even think the team will repeat. Pretty pathetic.

going to the game tonight. sitting 20 some rows behind home plate :club: should be a good time. this garland v affeldt match up should be something like the pitcher that keeps the pother team under 7 runs will win it.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but do you realize that Ozzie Guillen only thinks that the White Sox will make the playoffs?AHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAThe manager of the team doesn't even think the team will repeat. Pretty pathetic.
Please tell me where you are getting this from....because I saw his interview from PTI (where I assume you are getting this from..but maybe not), and what I got from it is that he thinks his team RIGHT NOW would only be a playoff team and that they need to continue to improve if they want to have a chance at repeating....and I don't see anything wrong with that.That being said, Cleveland is the best team in baseball and will win it all. Mark it...and both Cleveland and Chicago are better teams than Boston and New York.
Please tell me where you are getting this from....because I saw his interview from PTI (where I assume you are getting this from..but maybe not), and what I got from it is that he thinks his team RIGHT NOW would only be a playoff team and that they need to continue to improve if they want to have a chance at repeating....and I don't see anything wrong with that.That being said, Cleveland is the best team in baseball and will win it all. Mark it...and both Cleveland and Chicago are better teams than Boston and New York.
LMAO :club: Funniest thing you've ever said.
LMAO :club: Funniest thing you've ever said.
Just wait and see. It's the truth. Cleveland has a very good offense and good pitching. The White Sox have great pitching (Garland is gonna have an off year) and a good offense. New York has a good offense and average pitching..and Boston has good pitching and a good offense, but not a great offense. Cleveland has guys like Travis Hafner, Victor Martinez, Casey Blake, Jonny Peralta, and Grady Sizemore who are gonna be very good offensively, yet won't get as much attention as Boston or NY players just because they aren't big "names" like Ramirez, Ortiz, Jeter, Rodriguez, or Sheffield. Cleveland and Chicago were the two best teams at the end of last year, and that will continue to be the case this year. New York is getting old, and while Boston has gotten off to a good start, I think their offense will cause them to be not quite as good as last year.Also..I notice you didn't answer my question of where you got your stuff on Ozzie from, so I'll just assume you don't really know what you are talking about there.
Just wait and see. It's the truth. Cleveland has a very good offense and good pitching. The White Sox have great pitching (Garland is gonna have an off year) and a good offense. New York has a good offense and average pitching..and Boston has good pitching and a good offense, but not a great offense. Cleveland has guys like Travis Hafner, Victor Martinez, Casey Blake, Jonny Peralta, and Grady Sizemore who are gonna be very good offensively, yet won't get as much attention as Boston or NY players just because they aren't big "names" like Ramirez, Ortiz, Jeter, Rodriguez, or Sheffield. Cleveland and Chicago were the two best teams at the end of last year, and that will continue to be the case this year. New York is getting old, and while Boston has gotten off to a good start, I think their offense will cause them to be not quite as good as last year.Also..I notice you didn't answer my question of where you got your stuff on Ozzie from, so I'll just assume you don't really know what you are talking about there.
Koop, do you have Full Tilt or UB because I'd be willing to bet on this. How does $20 sound?
Koop, do you have Full Tilt or UB because I'd be willing to bet on this. How does $20 sound?
I don't see how we can "bet" on this? I mean....are we just gonna say whichever team ends up with the better record is better??? Because that is not an adequate assesement. I don't think there is really a way we can bet on this..unless you wanna bet which team wins the World Series or something like that....Also, I don't have either, all I have is PStars. Also, you clearly are just a homer if you think Ortiz is a better player than Pujols.
I don't see how we can "bet" on this? I mean....are we just gonna say whichever team ends up with the better record is better??? Because that is not an adequate assesement. I don't think there is really a way we can bet on this..unless you wanna bet which team wins the World Series or something like that....Also, I don't have either, all I have is PStars. Also, you clearly are just a homer if you think Ortiz is a better player than Pujols.
Whichever 2 teams go farther in the playoffs. Sound fair?Gentlemen's bet.
Whichever 2 teams go farther in the playoffs. Sound fair?Gentlemen's bet.
I still don't really see this as a viable bet. If New York doesn't make the playoffs at all, and then Boston goes to the World Series, but both Cleveland and Chicago made the playoffs, and Cleveland made it to the ALCS...who wins the bet!?!? No need to make a bet on it, I don't bet money on sports. Just wait and see.

We should collect all the predictions we've made in one thread. I'm looking good on the "Boston's pitching is much improved" prediction, especially the "Papelbon is a stud, just watch" corallary. I think a decent way to decide who ends up being better is to take the pythagorean records of the teams.

I only seem to go to the Sox games where they lose. They have won 7 out of their last 8 and of course the one I went to (friday) they lost.. Damn I suck.. Cleveland and DA SOX will be better this year than the Yankees and Red Sox. I actually agree with Koop.. strange

Yesterday the Sox 1 hit the Royals and won 9-0. Crede and Konerko homered. Contreras pitched very well. The Sox beat the Royals again today 4-1 behind some singles from Thome and Uribe.... The Sox have upped their record to 9-5... Garland pitched well only allowing 1 run.

Yesterday the Sox 1 hit the Royals and won 9-0. Crede and Konerko homered. Contreras pitched very well. The Sox beat the Royals again today 4-1 behind one gigantic error by Angel Berroa which gave the ChiSox three unearned runs. The Sox have upped their record to 9-5... Garland pitched well only allowing 1 run.
FYP. Berroa gave you that game today...we should have been up 1-0 heading into the late innings. Not saying we would have definitely won then, but we might have. I swear to god, I would trade Berroa for ANY pitcher with a sliver of potential at this point. His defense is SO atrocious and his hitting/plate discipline is SO horrid that just getting him off our team would literally mean 5-6 more wins in and of itself. He needs to go.
Garland did look sharp though. Got his focus back. I'm tellin ya, Koop, he's mobney.
Garland looked good today, yes.....but I still think he is gonna have an off year. Just don't see him as as good of a pitcher as his numbers showed last year. I don't think he will "suck," but I don't think he'll have a good year either. We still should have had the 1-0 lead going into the 7th and 8th innings though...damn Berroa. He sucks.
Garland looked good today, yes.....but I still think he is gonna have an off year. Just don't see him as as good of a pitcher as his numbers showed last year. I don't think he will "suck," but I don't think he'll have a good year either. We still should have had the 1-0 lead going into the 7th and 8th innings though...damn Berroa. He sucks.
just trade the whole franchise away... :club:

The Sox sweep the Royals and win today 4-0 behind the fantastic pitching of Javier Vazquez. He had a no hitter going into the 7th inning. He ended up giving up two hits and had 7 strikeouts in 8+ innings. Juan Uribe hit his first HR of the year. Sox 10-5Uribe 1 HRJenks 6 saves

Sox fine Buehrle for slip-sliding stuntBy Dave van DyckTribune staff reporterApril 17, 2006Mark Buehrle's slip-and-slide days may be over.The White Sox ace was fined an undisclosed amount after Sunday's rain-shortened 6-4 victory over Toronto. His crime was sliding on the wet tarp during the second rain delay.Buehrle left in a huff after the game, saying, "I don't know if I should be talking about this. I got in trouble. … I can't be out there anymore and I can't have any fun."Buehrle's splashing belly flops during rain delays have become his trademark. On Sunday he ran out of the dugout to right field, then got a running start and slid on the infield.He then got up and sprinted toward home, sliding across the covered-up plate.A short time later, a fan ran out of the stands near the Sox's dugout and slid on the tarp before he was grabbed by security personnel.General manager Ken Williams, who has voiced displeasure over Buehrle's antics in the past because of the risk of injury, finally had seen enough."As I've told him twice before, he needs to find another hobby," Williams said. "This one puts his career and his team's chances in jeopardy."Asked about the fine, Williams responded: "He can appeal his case to me [Monday]. I don't want his money, I want his health."Hair police strike again: Garcia, Cotts nabbedSox GM Williams informs pitchers it's their turn to get trimBy Mark GonzalesTribune staff reporterApril 18, 2006, 11:37 PM CDTThe White Sox's hairy situation captured two more players in its net Tuesday—pitchers Freddy Garcia and Neal Cotts.A message on a clubhouse wall read in capital letters: "Freddy and Neal, A.J. (Pierzynski) threw you under the bus—you two must also get a haircut. KW (general manager Ken Williams)." Garcia wasn't too amused and stared in the direction of Pierzynski's locker."Maybe I'll cut it a little bit, maybe a little bit," Garcia said. "I don't know what they want, but it will be just a little bit. It's not that long."Cotts thought he eventually would be asked to get his hair cut but said he wouldn't cut it for publicity purposes."I have my own person I'm going to," Cotts said."If it was told to be done and not said to the media, it wouldn't even be a story. But it was brought up. I'll get it cut."Whatever [Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf] wants. It's part of the rules. It's kind of vague what the rules are. If [Reinsdorf] wants it shorter, that's the way it's going to be."Cotts said he last had his hair trimmed in January.

It lived up to its expectations.. Buehrle pitched great and Santana pitched very well. Buehrle went 8 innings, only letting up a solo HR. Thome hit a 2 run HR and the Sox piled up 5 runs in the 8th to win 7-2 over the hated Twins.KEY Santana: 0-3!!!GO SOX 10-5 WOO