I have to admit how funny I think hometowners are - SF fans are almost 100% behind Barry everyone else nearly 100% think he is the devilIf Palmiero or Sosa could still hit they'd be defending him in Baltimore

doesn't quite count since he's no longer playing, but as a Cards fan, I'm not defending McGwire anymore...or course, I'm not really here to talk about the past.

doesn't quite count since he's no longer playing, but as a Cards fan, I'm not defending McGwire anymore...or course, I'm not really here to talk about the past.
McGwire had an OJ "I will dedicate my life to finding the real killers" moment. I like how he talked about all the anti-steroid things he would do and then was never heard from again.
McGwire had an OJ "I will dedicate my life to finding the real killers" moment. I like how he talked about all the anti-steroid things he would do and then was never heard from again.
I was pretty sure I read something somewhere about how he donated a significant sum of money to some research lab/facility or something like that designed to improve testing for performance enhancing drugs.....or something like that. No idea where I read it...but I guess noone really made a big deal of it at the time and it kinda got ignored or forgotten. Not that makes him on the "good" side again or anything...but at least he did that one thing.
Cause he has half a brain....unlike Bonds.The media controls the fates of so many players. Why piss them off? Just keep out of sight and out of mind.I realize Bonds still plays, but I think he enjoys the attention. That may be his downfall.
I was pretty sure I read something somewhere about how he donated a significant sum of money to some research lab/facility or something like that designed to improve testing for performance enhancing drugs.....or something like that. No idea where I read it...but I guess noone really made a big deal of it at the time and it kinda got ignored or forgotten. Not that makes him on the "good" side again or anything...but at least he did that one thing.
unless he did it to keep his records safe
unless he did it to keep his records safe
I have no idea..I'm not trying to defend him or anything...just throwing it out there. I don't really like the guy that much..but I don't really hate him either. I hope they investigate him and Sosa further...to try and prove whether they did or didn't use steroids. They very very likely did...but maybe they'll find something for sure.
haha, niceAt least he remembered how to speak English, unlike Sosa.