I just recently had this hand today in a Multi-Table Tournament with 541 players. I will give you the details of the situation and I'd like to see what you would do in the situation.It's early in the tournament, 10th hand of the tournament and your deault KK in middle position, you have 1700 chips and the starting chips is 1500. 530 players remaining in the tournament. The blinds 10/20 and UTG raises to 60, 1 caller. You raise to 500 and UTG just calls. The flop comes out K J 8, UTG checks to you, do you bet? check? how much do you bet? What hand would you put your opponent on to call a 440 raise UTG? Also what would you do if your opponent calls your bet, raises and etc. Just all the scenarios that you could think of in this situation. I'll tell you the results of this hand after I get some responses, I was just looking for an opinion on how to play this hand.

I just recently had this hand today in a Multi-Table Tournament with 541 players. I will give you the details of the situation and I'd like to see what you would do in the situation.It's early in the tournament, 10th hand of the tournament and your deault KK in middle position, you have 1700 chips and the starting chips is 1500. 530 players remaining in the tournament. The blinds 10/20 and UTG raises to 60, 1 caller. You raise to 500 and UTG just calls. The flop comes out K J 8, UTG checks to you, do you bet? check? how much do you bet? What hand would you put your opponent on to call a 440 raise UTG? Also what would you do if your opponent calls your bet, raises and etc. Just all the scenarios that you could think of in this situation. I'll tell you the results of this hand after I get some responses, I was just looking for an opinion on how to play this hand.
Wow!A big re-raise there. Anyway, he's got aces or queens, probably aces. If he doesn't, he's nuts. No way he cold-calls with AQ or A10, so straight draws are out. I also eliminate JJ or 88, although I'd like to see that.I push the flop. He might just call you with AA and hope to hit his 2-outer. Many players find it very hard to get away from AA.As for possible flush draws, I want to push him off that too.The remainder of your question doesn't apply since I'm all-in.

I should also say it's a rainbow flop. With KK this early in the tournament, I don't like to mess around especially with a raiser UTG and 1 caller already, I don't mind just taking those bets without a showdown, so I bumped it up 500 to make AQ, AK pay to see a a flop and try to spike an Ace on me if they really wanted to call that much cold. When I got called, I immediately put my opponent on AA or QQ and a slight chance of AK. So some more opinions please before I reveal what I did and what happened.

I should also say it's a rainbow flop. With KK this early in the tournament, I don't like to mess around especially with a raiser UTG and 1 caller already, I don't mind just taking those bets without a showdown, so I bumped it up 500 to make AQ, AK pay to see a a flop and try to spike an Ace on me if they really wanted to call that much cold. When I got called, I immediately put my opponent on AA or QQ and a slight chance of AK. So some more opinions please before I reveal what I did and what happened.
I like to occassionally use a big re-raise like that as a deceptive play. I emphasize "occassionally". Usually, my raises tend to me the same amount (whether a multiple of the BB preflop, or % of pot after that).Sometimes it's deceptive b/c some players may think, "Hmmm, why such a big raise? Must mean he doesn't want a call. Must be two broadway cards. I'll call with my mid pocket pair." Anyway, so we had the same read on the opponent's possible holdings. I'm sensing that's not what he had, but I stick to the read b/c the available info leads me to that conclusion.
Guest XXEddie

the pot is roughly 1000, you have roughly 1000 usually I would say bet 600-800, but that would leave you a small bit and would seem suspicious, so go allin dont give him the chance to catch a str8

Depends on what the buy-in is.If it's around the $5-$20 mark he could have anything from Q-T, K-T, 9-T, medium pair up to A-A, A-K. And if they have any of these hands they're gonna call. Over $20 it's more likely A-A,A-K. I push all my chips in on the flop with either scenario. Make draws pay and the big hands will call anyway. Not pushing here is the worse play I can think of. 1k in the pot you need to bet at least 700 which makes you pot commited, so just push anyway. Taking a guess he had either Q-T and hit his straight or A-A and hit trips. This is just gonna be another bad beat story disguised as wanting advice on if it was played right.

Alright, I don't think I'll get many more responses, so I'll just reveal what happened. No, it's not a bad beat story at all, I misplayed the hand given the situation. I had my opponent on AA, KK, QQ, AK and I bet 500 on the flop and was called, at this point I put my opponent either on AK, AA or slowplaying a set of J's. Then the turn brought a 10, which looked harmless, so I pushed all-in at this point expecting a call and a call was exactly what I got, he flipped over AQ for the nut straight and I was just sick to my stomach. In hindsight, I felt I misplayed this hand by trying to trap a little and extract more out of him. If I had pushed all-in on the flop and not been fancy, I could have just taken the pot right there most likely unless he was willing to gamble with a gutshot for all his chips. This was a $50 MTT and I guess I wasn't expecting somebody to call 500 cold with AQ offsuit out of position. The reason I posted this is it's a lesson learned, you can't assume your opponent is a good or bad player if you don't know them and to be aware that they could hold virtually anything at all times. AQ never even popped up into my mind until he called and I'm thinking it's too late, but it wouldn't have mattered anyways, I was committed to this hand regardless.Against a better player, I don't think my play would be half as bad, because you would not put him on AQ ever and you would not have your opponent call off another 500 to draw at a gutshot. I think my play would have been fine against a better player, because if he held AK, AA, I would have been able to extract more chips playing it this way. I would see no reason to push all-in on the flop here with the best possible hand after the flop in most instances, you could usually extract more by making value bets.

I think pushing this flop would be a mistake. Your opponent's hand range includes QQ and AA here, and you don't want to lose them. Q-10 just isn't in your opponent's hand range, no matter what level you're playing at, so if he has a straight draw, it's a 4-outer. I give him a free card here, given the stranglehold you have on the hand.

...dude, you bet 500 on that kind of flop and he friggin' called you. He's the kind of guy who calls a massive re-raise out of position with AQ. Even if you push all-in, he was almost definitely going to call you anyway.