well we had the grand opening of our new poker room tonight, it was a good night, i got cleaned out for 300, but had a good time, the woman came away up a little so that was nice to see, holding her own with the boys. Overall I think I played a solid game but this one hand has been bothering and would like some input into the way it played out.It'sa 10 handed table with 3 young loose aggressive players who straddle every blind [sometimes $10] one of which is the Villian who plays some very, very interesting hands. I knew 4 of the players at the table from previous B&M games and had a rep for being a solid player. Me -Button holding :):) with $225 in front of meVillian -UTG sitting on just over $2102 Limpers & I made it $12 to go, which the Villian quickly calls, everyone else folds.[he had called substantial raises earlier with 45o 63o 106o 94s] just the hands we saw, so I did not give him credit for much and even if he had a hand, i have him where I want him.Flop :):D:) he checks, I bet out $15 he ponders a moment and calls.Turn :D he checks, I bet out $45 [the pot was $56] and he calls a little quicker than the first time.River :D He takes about 4 seconds, eyes up my stack and pushes all in.Anyone fold here?and I just remebered another hand.In BB with K-4offsuit and $75 in an unraised pot, with just UTG with $60 and the SB with $235 blinds involved. not very many reads on UTG, only been in game maybe 10 hands, had terrible poker ettiquitte [bitching and moaning when a flop comes out, insinuating he folded a big hand etc] and was playing some strange hands as well.Flop :):):club: Checked to me and i throw out $5, UTG ponders then goes all in for the $58 more. SB folds and I'm left with a decision. all the whiles hes going on about how this hand may qualify for the high hand [since it was opening night, every 2 hrs they had a high hand prize] so I immediatly told him "must be ten jack of spades huh?" and he gives me a shocked look and shows me the 9-10 of spades he is holding.now I am really thrown for a loop.anyone call here knowing your opponents two hole cards???

tough call. seeing that there might be a number of potential hands this guy could have, I probably would have folded and accepted that your AA has been cracked. However, i think it would depend how well you read this guy.

Second hand: Yes. That's all.First hand: Unless, I've seen the villain pull a very elaborate river bluff and/or got the sense that he has pulled one or two off so far, this is s fold IMO. If this action was ont he turn, I would be more willing to call. Only thing that really bothers me here is that you have no showed any signs that you're slowing down. villain should be able to rely on you to bet. However, i lean toward thinking that the villain has chosen a sub optimal line with a hand that he wants a call for.

i don't want to say what happened but would appreciate at least 3 more insightful posts before i do so, please and thank you, with sugar on top.by the way, anoyone in victoria, or even Vancouver/island area should PM me for details on this poker room, we had two full tables with a 5 person waiting list till i left at midnight playing $1/2 NLhe and $3-$6 limit he. tonight it is $3-6 NLhe as well as Pot limit Omaha & omaha hi-lo, pineapple dealers choice [players permitting]the players that have been showing up, to quote DN "Yum, Yum"

There's only one reasonable draw on that flop and that's 67. That hand hit.First, you bet 15 into a 36 pot (plus limpers and stolen blinds etc etc), so you basically probably bet 1/3rd the pot.Second, in B&M you need to quickly assess if you have the best hand and jam your chips. In theory it doesn't matter if you are right or wrong, you should make the best play based on your reads. This does NOT preclude pushing all in on the flop. Sometimes it's highly profitable. That Q6 just might call you. That draw might pay. Who knows.

First hand, I fold, feels too much like 2 pair with his starting requirements. POssibly a low set, does he reraise with low PP preflop?Second hand, the odds are in your favor, I call definnitely.

I would say the villain has the 67 for the straight, or a queen and some diamond, and is pulling off an elaborate bluff, figuring you for an overpair (im not willing to put him on xd Qd. But thats just me)

hand #1 - given his hand range i put him on one of 3 hands, and only one of them i can beat. 67, 55 or AQ. i took into consideration i had called his bluff earlier for a rather nice pot, and also he had shown a bluff after i mucked my hand facing a generous raise. it was basically a coinflip here on the river for me, to call or not, I certainly was not expecting an all in from him on the river, i thought a moment and decided AQ can easily make this move, trying to make me believe he has the flush. I was wrong and he rolled over :club::D:D hand #2 - i certainly do not think it is as cut and dry as the general concensus seems to be, insta call, when i take into consideration all of the outs that he has to make up his hand running 3 nines 3 tens 9 spades and 4 jacks. of course i did call, rather quickly as well, and of course he hit a spade on the turn. :D

hand #1 - given his hand range i put him on one of 3 hands, and only one of them i can beat. 67, 55 or AQ. i took into consideration i had called his bluff earlier for a rather nice pot, and also he had shown a bluff after i mucked my hand facing a generous raise. it was basically a coinflip here on the river for me, to call or not, I certainly was not expecting an all in from him on the river, i thought a moment and decided AQ can easily make this move, trying to make me believe he has the flush. I was wrong and he rolled over :club::D:D hand #2 - i certainly do not think it is as cut and dry as the general concensus seems to be, insta call, when i take into consideration all of the outs that he has to make up his hand running 3 nines 3 tens 9 spades and 4 jacks. of course i did call, rather quickly as well, and of course he hit a spade on the turn. :D
Wow. Hand #1... wow. Where does this guy play and what is his name? =) Tough luck on the runner runner.

I cringe while i fold the aces. I would hate to do it, but as someone else mentioned, the only legitimate draw connected. Even some of the crazy runner runners that a donkey might have called with would have hit. If he is a bad player you can crack him in a better situation later.

I think the first hand was massively misplayed. Should have made a pot-sized bet and take the pot down there. There is no need to build a pot with only an overpair. I would much rather pick up the $30 there and move on.Second hand...I'd call every single tim. If you fold, you're playing with scared money.P.S. the game sounds "yum-yum" and I have PMed you for that game.

• 1 month later...

ya easy fold on the second hand. its a total coin flip. your ahead like 52% to 48%, having to call 53$ into a pot of 70$, and your only in the hand for 7$. Insta fold!!!! P.S. Where is this room, I wanna come play, new to victoria

hand #2 - i certainly do not think it is as cut and dry as the general concensus seems to be, insta call, when i take into consideration all of the outs that he has to make up his hand running 3 nines 3 tens 9 spades and 4 jacks. of course i did call, rather quickly as well, and of course he hit a spade on the turnNot to be picky but you are far ahead in this hand and have to call everytime.BTW maybe we can start a trend - if you guess the villains hole cards he has to show you before you put anymore bucks in the pot. It would do great things for my bankroll . . .

Hand number 1 seems to be shocking a lot of people...I'm not sure why. I've played a significant amount of time at 1/2 NL in B&M cardrooms and have seen way too many people donk off money with hands like this. I think, based solely on the fact that he's pushing the river from OOP, you have to fold. Of course, this is a very read dependent situation. If, as you described this LAG, I think he's a good player, capable of making moves, I am not calling the all in. When I started writing this post I thought I would call from a LAGgy bad player, however with them there's even less reason to call.There's a difference between LAG stupid and LAG smart. I play LAG at 1/2 a LOT of the time for various reasons including table image and action, however the only reason I'm pushing for a bet you wouldn't anticipate, an overbet like he did, is if I'm making it look like a move because I know you think I'm capable of it. However, I can't imagine any scenario in which I'm donking off flat calls from OOP with a running flush draw, unless I planned on making a move on the turn which he clearly didn't.

On hand #2 your giving your opponent 6 more outs than he has. K-4 against 10s-9s on a KsQs6x flop. The 10 and 9 are not outs, because a pair of kings beats a pair of 9s or 10s. Therefore, villain has 12 outs, making you a slight favorite. Throw in your pot odds, and this is an easy call.
ya easy fold on the second hand. its a total coin flip. your ahead like 52% to 48%, having to call 53$ into a pot of 70$, and your only in the hand for 7$. Insta fold!!!! P.S. Where is this room, I wanna come play, new to victoria
ya easy call on the second hand. its a total coin flip. you're ahead like 60=40, having to call 53$ into a pot of 70$, and you already are in in the hand for 7$. Insta call!!!! P.S. Where is this room, I wanna come play, new to victoria

ITS NOT 60-40, use an odds calculator, it's 51.72%-48.28%. It is a coin flip. Ya he is ahead and the pot odds will always justify a call when you are leading a hand but look at the bigger picture. You are flipping a coin for the pot. It's not a tournament, it's a cash game. EG. In a NL cash game if a guy shows you AKs and you have 8-8 would you call a $1000 all in preflop knowing it's a coin flip?? If so lets get together and play some cards! Thats just me though

ITS NOT 60-40, use an odds calculator, it's 51.72%-48.28%. It is a coin flip. Ya he is ahead and the pot odds will always justify a call when you are leading a hand but look at the bigger picture. You are flipping a coin for the pot. It's not a tournament, it's a cash game. EG. In a NL cash game if a guy shows you AKs and you have 8-8 would you call a $1000 all in preflop knowing it's a coin flip?? If so lets get together and play some cards! Thats just me though
Sorry you're right. I had the villain's hand as 8s9s (which does make it a 60-40 situation).Regardless it is a cash game not a tournament. You already have money in the pot and you are a (slight) favorite. If you lose you can reload - I'd happily flip a slightly biased coin all day long. I'd be happy to play some cards too - I'm in Ottawa but have lots of reasons to go to Victoria. I'll come out soon - looks like the end of June is doable. I could be there for the Friday of the July long weekend.Where is this room and what stakes do you want to play?