Can You Get Thru The Firewall?

I am at work now and I can't log on to any online poker sites, does anyone have any ideas how to get around this?I know it should be some ways. I couldn't use my Windows Media Player to watch some news from CNN or yahoo before, so I reconfigured my WMP to use the proxy server the company provided and then I could watch the news. But the online poker servers don't have any configuration tools to allow you to do anything.Any ideas?I will really appreciate it even if it's just some explanations why I can't get to the online poker sites because of the firewalls, or more precisely, why can't I go thru the firewall.

Even my manager is a regular FCP forum poster.That I go online doesn't mean that I will gamble, I like to watch certain players' play and collect statistics.If you don't sh!t about the subject of this thread, fvck off and shut the fvck up. I am being as polite as possible already.

One thought, if you can use remote desktop to get to your home computer then you will be playing from you computer. RDP uses port 80 which is usually open, now the trick is to enable it on you home computer and router. But, your firewall may be blocking that type of connection too so you may be SOL. Fortunately, I need RDP to do my job so they let me out. :club:

Even my manager is a regular FCP forum poster.That I go online doesn't mean that I will gamble, I like to watch certain players' play and collect statistics.If you don't sh!t about the subject of this thread, fvck off and shut the fvck up. I am being as polite as possible already.
Dayam, dude, you sure are a retarded ******* to go off like this for a couple of posts that weren't even flames. **** you.PS: If your manager posts here also, why not ask him about the firewall thing? Ya ****in chickenshit.

I've come across this problem before.. What solved it for me was to download ZoneAlarm. (Click here to download)After you install it, run it and then try opening up your poker software. A small dialog box should appear at the lower right hand corner of your screen asking whether to "Allow" or "Deny" the connection. Click Allow and see if that does it for you, lemme know if it doesn't do it.

Douche of the Week?
I liked the "I'm being as polite as possible" part. That sealed the deal for the re-flame.
You, a fuc|<ing little piece of sh!t, has contributed nothing to the real subject of this thread, as you had nothing positive for this forum either. Your pathetic, sorry little sesame-sized mind was only looking for flames only. Die!

I think if you play through the Java applet pokerroom.com provides through your web-browser you wont have problems because its transferred through web surfing ports rather than specialized ones. Easiest way to do it without actually breaching the security/terms of use withing your companies network(probably violates some anti-gambling laws though, but I guess not if you want to watch).About zone alarm, I dont think the issue is with his local computer but the companies firewall, most likely set within one of their routers.Snap I just re-read ur post, are you saying you cant connect to poker sites via web-broswer or just through a downloaded poker client? If its via web browser... Its too much ****ing work for me to help you.

One thought, if you can use remote desktop to get to your home computer then you will be playing from you computer. RDP uses port 80 which is usually open, now the trick is to enable it on you home computer and router. But, your firewall may be blocking that type of connection too so you may be SOL. Fortunately, I need RDP to do my job so they let me out. :club:
RDP uses TCP port 3389. HTTP is port 80. Has your company recently installed internet monitoring/blocking software or hardware? If your boss doesn't mind you playing poker get the IT guy to give your IP a proxy exception. On the other hand online poker is inveterate.

Without knowing the nature of the method your company is using to block this connection (I wouldn't post this information if I were you anyway, that definitely COULD result in termination), it's hard to say how to fix it. If you really need it, something like gotomypc would let you get to your home pc, and I think they have a free single-computer thing. It tunnels over http, so it should work.