What's Up With The $5mil Not Really Guaranteed?

Two completely unrelated statements. Anyone who would direct buy into this event on Stars will direct buy into it on FCP.No idea if/when PR is going to do WSOP sats. I doubt they will offer packages as good as Stars, FT, or Party, so I doubt they will send 300 people. This event itself is exclusive to PR, so it will get traffic.How is this event any different than WPT Aruba? That tournament got a million dollar first prize last year, with no money guaranteed.
Hmm meant to split those up, I guess in my haste I failed to do so. I think its pretty unlikely that 400 people buy in direct for a 5k event. That doesnt even happen at most WPT events.
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm meant to split those up, I guess in my haste I failed to do so. I think its pretty unlikely that 400 people buy in direct for a 5k event. That doesnt even happen at most WPT events.
Fair enough. I now change my numbers to 800 and 200 :)Seriously, they will meet the guarantee. Probably not by a ton (somewhere between 5 and 6 mil) but they will.
how has no one said the most obvious thing yet...the stars tourney only runs satalites for a short period of timethe $5000 buy in starts in september and the sats start this month, that is a long time to make 5 mil. they will cover it easily.
On page 1 Bizzle wrote...
$5 million = 1000 entrants * $5000. PStars ran satellites for a full week and had a total of 500 people qualify for the mil gtd this weekend, and yet still got a $1.5 pool. If you think that the network can't qualify 600 people in 4 months, you are insane.
The OBV has been stated...
absolutely not.. Thats why they put the asterisk on it and said they could (and imo WILL) change the amount.
They only put it there for legal reasons.Are you really this dense?Sites have guaranteed tournies all the time.... Bodog probably pays a few 100k every week in overlay.Not to mention they'll get to the guarantee.... but they wouldn't back out on it... Don't you think the bad publicity of doing that is worse for their bank account than not paying a few hundred thousand in a guarantee?THINK ABOUT IT!
They only put it there for legal reasons.Are you really this dense?Sites have guaranteed tournies all the time.... Bodog probably pays a few 100k every week in overlay.Not to mention they'll get to the guarantee.... but they wouldn't back out on it... Don't you think the bad publicity of doing that is worse for their bank account than not paying a few hundred thousand in a guarantee?THINK ABOUT IT!
Dude.. Relax.. Why does this site bring out the worst in people?? I'm not even going to debate you - you are the type of person that berates others for making "bad calls" against you. But this is what I will think about - 2 comments that you said:"Bodog probably pays a few 100k every week in overlay."- I don't play at Bodog, but I highly doubt this is a true fact - if so - its terrible business. period. If you know this for fact - great - you are an inside person and thats awesome - i envy you (thats what you want, right?)"Not to mention they'll get to the guarantee.... but they wouldn't back out on it..."- I'm sure PR feels they will as well. But your second comment is totally unsubstantiated and a guess - unless of course you are on the inside and once again, I envy you - I wish I had such priviliged information, but i don't.Congrats - you are better than me, smarter than me (probably moreso than anyone else on this site), and have more money than me (you are most likely one of the people who loses $1k at a table and says, "chump change - i have more"). Feel better? I know I do..
Congrats - you are better than me, smarter than me, and have more money than me.
Glad we agree on something.And thank you for telling me who I am and what I do. You were Right on!
Dude.. Relax.. Why does this site bring out the worst in people?? I'm not even going to debate you - you are the type of person that berates others for making "bad calls" against you. But this is what I will think about - 2 comments that you said:"Bodog probably pays a few 100k every week in overlay."- I don't play at Bodog, but I highly doubt this is a true fact - if so - its terrible business. period. If you know this for fact - great - you are an inside person and thats awesome - i envy you (thats what you want, right?)"Not to mention they'll get to the guarantee.... but they wouldn't back out on it..."- I'm sure PR feels they will as well. But your second comment is totally unsubstantiated and a guess - unless of course you are on the inside and once again, I envy you - I wish I had such priviliged information, but i don't.Congrats - you are better than me, smarter than me (probably moreso than anyone else on this site), and have more money than me (you are most likely one of the people who loses $1k at a table and says, "chump change - i have more"). Feel better? I know I do..
Dude...you're dumb.Seriously.
To be fair, he did only take 4 minutes to take what I said and change the wording. That should be commended.And yes, I do expect a post from him stating that he hadn't seen my post when he started to post. Shrug.
well i actually hadnt seen the post till right now.... many hours later. i guess i started writing right before you posted. but hey i agree with you, you make good points.

Unless they are stuck a huge amount, I would hope they would cover the overlay (probably won't be one anyways).The way I see this is that this tournament is likely not only a way to make a decent amount of $$$ for the site, but more importantly a way to attract new accounts.The establishment of new accounts is way more important than a bit of overlay...like advertising cost or something.

This will be the largest online poker tournament ever. If they do step tourneys they will make a KILLING in entry fees. I will be in it. I can't wait for the official 5mill thread.and you guys also make it sound like if you play on stars you can't play on FCP? Everyone will be out for this event.

Dude...you're dumb.Seriously.
Very mature.. Coming from the 15 year old who puts I SUCK WAH as their location, I will take this one with a grain of salt. Come up with something better. Like a real insult. Cmon, I know you have it in you - your friends in PE must have said something better than that on Friday.
Very mature.. Coming from the 15 year old who puts I SUCK WAH as their location, I will take this one with a grain of salt. Come up with something better. Like a real insult. Cmon, I know you have it in you - your friends in PE must have said something better than that on Friday.
Touche...you've really struck to the heart of me.You're dumb as a butt.And you smell like poo.
You're a doucheclown for even trying to come off as an expert of this site.
Nice. "doucheclown" that's a good one.Now you see why I say 75% of FCP'ers are kids with no bankroll?Read about 10 posts. You'll see all kinds of "doucheclowns" acting like 15 year olds. You have people asking "will this be an 18 and up event?"And yes, I know what sats are. I won my way into the WSOP on thursday through one. Thanks for asking though.And one more thing for the adult posters on the board.Why does everyone think players will rush out to play in this event just because it has a $5mil guarantee that obviousy can be changed.The WSOP is in late July. Most people will be focusing their time and effort into qualifying for the WSOP. That doesn't leave much time for the $5mil tourney.I haven't heard to much buzz yet about this thing other than the 15 year olds on this site looking to turn $1 into a million like the ad says.
Nice. "doucheclown" that's a good one.Now you see why I say 75% of FCP'ers are kids with no bankroll?Read about 10 posts. You'll see all kinds of "doucheclowns" acting like 15 year olds. You have people asking "will this be an 18 and up event?"And yes, I know what sats are. I won my way into the WSOP on thursday through one. Thanks for asking though.
Which event is 18 and up?
This is astoundingly ignorant and stupid.Please, try and substantiate your claim. Show me proof that "75% of FCP'ers" have a bankroll "of between $25-100."You're a doucheclown for even trying to come off as an expert of this site. By the way...do you even realize how satellites work? This is where most Poker sites make their money for big tournaments, especially a site like PokerStars. Instead of having a few people buy directly in, they have a whole lot of people putting up 1/20, 1/10, 1/8 of the buy-in, sometimes numerous times. PokerStars makes an absolute killing in their big tournaments from their satellites.
Show me proof they have more than $100.... :club:
suited_up just got pwned by this man right here. :club::D:D
First of all... I dunno wtf "just for pwned" means...Secondly, I don't think you read it right.
1. i was thinking way ahead while i was typing. I know it happens to a lot of people2. i read it correctly the first time.
First of all... I dunno wtf "just for pwned" means...Secondly, I don't think you read it right.
I dont think i pwned him, but I did accurately put him up on the pedastal that he so deservedly feels he belongs on.
hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaWhat's so funny about this, is that you know SuitedUp is ACTUALLY pissed about how this went down!
How what went down?Geez, you're as bad as him.