Guys...bear With Me On This Question...

I know its rudimentary stuff for most, but not for me who's going to play online this evening in his 1st tourney. I've registered for a tourney at 5:00 pm tonight on Full Tilt...ok...now what exactly happens at 5:00 pm? Will I be automatically placed at a table? What do I need to do? Anything?Thanks for this most simple of info....

If I were you I would open up the tourney lobby. It will automatically take you to your table, but I keep the lobby open to know 1) how many people are left, 2) what the blind level is and what the next one will be 3) how much time is left in the current blind level.You'll get moved to other tables automatically, basically you just need to worry about the poker elements, the technical elements will be pretty automatic.

Make sure you're logged in and at 5pm it'll automatically seat you, ie place you at a random table in a random seat. Best of luck in your 1st tourney, hopefully your 1st win too. :club:

Just a little advice, don't play alot of hands right off. Only play strong hands, high pocket pairs, AK, AQ etc.... the field seems to thin real fast in these online tournaments. If you play conservitive up front, before you know it half the players are gone.

You probably won't do very well being your first online MTT... (standard, sorry) however, just play how you normally would, and keep in mind in mtts of $10 and lower, there are a lot of donks, probably higher too, but these low limit mtt's are infamous for people who have no clue what they're doing.Try to target these people, take advantage, but mainly, TAG is your friend.

I know its rudimentary stuff for most, but not for me who's going to play online this evening in his 1st tourney. I've registered for a tourney at 5:00 pm tonight on Full Tilt...ok...now what exactly happens at 5:00 pm? Will I be automatically placed at a table? What do I need to do? Anything?Thanks for this most simple of info....
At exactly 5:00 pm...you will recieve an understanding of the duality of man. It will be a revelation from the heavens of the true meaning of life.At 5:14 pm...you will throw a brick through your screen when your KK can't hold up against QT for your tournament life.At 5:18 pm...you will post a bad beat thread on FCP.At 5:19 pm...you will recieve your first flame in that thread.
At exactly 5:00 pm...you will recieve an understanding of the duality of man. It will be a revelation from the heavens of the true meaning of life.At 5:14 pm...you will throw a brick through your screen when your KK can't hold up against QT for your tournament life.At 5:18 pm...you will post a bad beat thread on FCP.At 5:19 pm...you will recieve your first flame in that thread.
LMAO....good stuff. And probably prophetic.
Sounds about right :club:

Hey man GL and post how you did I havent ever really seen someone post about their first tourney results. I'm curious. Like they said before stay tight till around half the field is gone and pick your spots well. Think about position and if you do end up around the bubble and are blind stealing don't go thinking your getting "Lucky" and try to win it all with a suckout of 8 3 off or something. Oh and if you do win it all buy Harrington on Holdem 1 and 2 then proceed to TP/MM.GL

nh sir