It's gotta be a little less than average. Because otherwise the show would be no fun. A math guy would take the money right away. I think they try to make it just slightly below zero expectation, therefore it's correct to continue.I've only seen the show one time, though, and I didnt work out the math on it.

Yeah it's not just averages of amounts left, cause it's also has to do something with how many cases are left and how many they have to open before the next offer.
that is correct - it is a percentage of the average that goes up with less cases. i don't know the exact formula, but it starts out around 35% of the avg of remaining cases for the first offer, and moves up slowly till with (i think) 5-6 cases left it goes to 50%. i think with 4 or less cases remaining the offer actually goes over 50% (which makes it -EV to keep going).
that is correct - it is a percentage of the average that goes up with less cases. i don't know the exact formula, but it starts out around 35% of the avg of remaining cases for the first offer, and moves up slowly till with (i think) 5-6 cases left it goes to 50%. i think with 4 or less cases remaining the offer actually goes over 50% (which makes it -EV to keep going).
with 2 cases left to choose from tonight there was a $75, 500, and 750 case left. The deal was 450. So your hypothesis doesnt necessarily hold.
with 2 cases left to choose from tonight there was a $75, 500, and 750 case left. The deal was 450. So your hypothesis doesnt necessarily hold.
Actually, with those 3 cases left the average would be $441.67 which by my calculations is a little less than the offer they made, so his hypothesis may be correct.
Actually, with those 3 cases left the average would be $441.67 which by my calculations is a little less than the offer they made, so his hypothesis may be correct.
Good news, I need sleep, bc I can no longer do basic math.good night
oops, my bad - wasn't thinking. not sure why my brain was equating "50%" with the total avg - i meant 100% lol. the offers start at well under 100% (probably around 80%) of the avg of remaining cases, and go up slowly till they are over 100% (+EV deal) with a few left.
Good news, I need sleep, bc I can no longer do basic math.
no, you were right lol. i was thinking right, but didn't word it right.

Has anyone else noticed that the players "frame of mind" seems to be a factor?The people that seem like they are tight or will take an early offer always seem to get offered less than those that are willing to gamble.

Has anyone else noticed that the players "frame of mind" seems to be a factor?The people that seem like they are tight or will take an early offer always seem to get offered less than those that are willing to gamble.
no. the % of the avg offered always seems related only to the number of cases left.
I haven't seen any tight players on that show, they wouldn't be on the show if they weren't willing to gamble.