Montecarlo Millions 2

I am confused, did Phil Ivey win all 3 of the Monte Carlo touraments? A few months back, he won the Royal Vegas poker Monte Carlo tourament. He then won the Full Tilt Invitational live with Hellmuth, Juanda, Ulliot, Hansen, and Matusow. Then I saw the Monte Carlo Millions Riverboat.info tourney that just finished airing on Saturday and Ivey won that too.

He didn't win the Royal Vegas one. He got third. That was 2004. Riverbelle and the special Full Tilt STT were 2005. He won both of those. The next full Monte Carlo Millions tournament won't be until later this year.The Riverbelle one just finished airing the last episode this past week. I haven't seen torrents yet, but I know Fox Sports is re-running them pretty consistently. Check CardPlayer.com for air times.

I just watched the re-broadcast and the 2nd or 3rd to last hand where Ivey had Q8 and Jackson had 56 was just amazing. Flop of JJ7 and they are raising and re-raising like crazy before Ivey pushed all-in and earned the pot. Ivey is some kind of cyborg or something....

I just watched the re-broadcast and the 2nd or 3rd to last hand where Ivey had Q8 and Jackson had 56 was just amazing. Flop of JJ7 and they are raising and re-raising like crazy before Ivey pushed all-in and earned the pot. Ivey is some kind of cyborg or something....
Yeah, that's probably the sickest hand I've ever seen. Gotta give Jackson some credit on that one too.
He didn't win the Royal Vegas one. He got third. That was 2004. Riverbelle and the special Full Tilt STT were 2005. He won both of those. The next full Monte Carlo Millions tournament won't be until later this year.The Riverbelle one just finished airing the last episode this past week. I haven't seen torrents yet, but I know Fox Sports is re-running them pretty consistently. Check CardPlayer.com for air times.
Oh ok, thought he won that Royal Vegas tourney. There were all in Monte Carlo so I was a little confused.
Yeah, that's probably the sickest hand I've ever seen. Gotta give Jackson some credit on that one too.
i thought he screwed up big time actually. attempting to bluff once with 56 was ok, but when ivey reraised he should have mucked immediately. obviously ivey had him on a possible bluff, and at that point ivey had enough in the pot to justify calling any raise there up to the rest of his chips in case he was bluffing. when he made the small re-raise it was an obvious call for ivey, and the extra 300k to put him all in was small enough to justify attempting to push him off an A or K high bluff. i thought it the obvious play for ivey, and a stupid play by jackson.
i thought he screwed up big time actually. attempting to bluff once with 56 was ok, but when ivey reraised he should have mucked immediately. obviously ivey had him on a possible bluff, and at that point ivey had enough in the pot to justify calling any raise there up to the rest of his chips in case he was bluffing. when he made the small re-raise it was an obvious call for ivey, and the extra 300k to put him all in was small enough to justify attempting to push him off an A or K high bluff. i thought it the obvious play for ivey, and a stupid play by jackson.
Well, the problem was that Jackson tried to post-oak it. If he'd gone all-in, I think Ivey would have a difficult time calling it. Obviously, Ivey's way ahead of Jackson strategically, but for Jackson to even attempt something like that took a decent amount of chutzpah.