Fcp Heads Up Poker League (modified)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with mcpickl......we should have a tourney to get in so you would have to earn your right to get in.......
Tourneys always prove who the best are.chris_moneymaker.jpg
as opposed to just having a lottery, which surely proves who's best.
Personally, a tournament sounds fine (I am not sure how you work out the team concept with a tournament) but I think that a deposit would be required (of say $200) to join the tournament to be considered. Personally, have 52 teams sign up with their deposits (I really doubt you are going to get 52 teams to pony up $200, neverless 500), have a play in tournament where you eliminate 20 of the teams, and allow those 20 teams to have first option for getting in next year.
Personally, a tournament sounds fine (I am not sure how you work out the team concept with a tournament) but I think that a deposit would be required (of say $200) to join the tournament to be considered. Personally, have 52 teams sign up with their deposits (I really doubt you are going to get 52 teams to pony up $200, neverless 500), have a play in tournament where you eliminate 20 of the teams, and allow those 20 teams to have first option for getting in next year.
i dont think this would be a problem...no teams yet...just like if ut was a random draw, teams are not chosen...captains are chosen.if there would be a tourny, top 32 would be captains or "franchises", then the teams come(if the captain wants teammates)...
i dont think this would be a problem...no teams yet...just like if ut was a random draw, teams are not chosen...captains are chosen.if there would be a tourny, top 32 would be captains or "franchises", then the teams come(if the captain wants teammates)...
Okay...if a tourney is involved....the "buyin" for the tourney should be $500....if you don't make the top 32...you get your money returned to you....if you make the top 32...fcp keeps the money for the pool of the league.That will help keep out the rift raft....because I am afraid that we will have a tourney with 2000 entries of which only like 50 guys will actually pony up the $500 otherwise.
Okay...if a tourney is involved....the "buyin" for the tourney should be $500....if you don't make the top 32...you get your money returned to you....if you make the top 32...fcp keeps the money for the pool of the league.That will help keep out the rift raft....because I am afraid that we will have a tourney with 2000 entries of which only like 50 guys will actually pony up the $500 otherwise.
sounds good to me...
this does sound like a good idea if it is possible....but i still think we should drop the buy in to 200
this does sound like a good idea if it is possible....but i still think we should drop the buy in to 200
Numerous people requested the buyin be raised from the initial proposal. Read through the early pages of the thread and you will see why it was raised to 500.This is a year long set of tournaments. If you cannot afford $500, should you really be thinking about playing for $200?
i believe that would be best also if doablewhats rift raft anyway?
i believe that would be best also if doablewhats rift raft anyway?
It's a new, alternate spelling of riff raff :club:.
Numerous people requested the buyin be raised from the initial proposal. Read through the early pages of the thread and you will see why it was raised to 500.This is a year long set of tournaments. If you cannot afford $500, should you really be thinking about playing for $200?
were are you getting that i cannot afford to play for 500??? i said i was interested in playing even when it was 500 but would rather it be 200....i have read through all the pages and im aware of the previous discussion...im just stating i would rather play for 200 rather then 500.....
I can't afford to play for $500, but I can sell a kidney and blow some older men in the park and can scrounge up the $200. That is why $200 would be best.
FYP.
YESSS!!!!!!wait til my mom hears that im in.....say good bye to chess club
Now for the initiation.Bring:1 64 oz. jug of vaseline.1 measuring cup.1 Straw.1 band Aid.
dammmm looks like im getting out numbered..... guess i need to make a bunch of user names and b!tch about the 500....
Eh, I gotta be honest, the main reason I'm supportive of the $500 buyin is that I would have a better chance of getting a team because there would be fewer people entering the lottery/tournament.