Crazy Ramblings About My Version Of God

Since this is a religion thread, I thought I’d testify I bit on how I view God, and I would be interested to hear some other “alternative” views of God, if any. I am not saying this to convince anybody of anything. I just would like to read some other people’s idea of God so I will share mine to start. (Certainly influenced by my limited knowledge of eastern religions.)I think that……God is basically the universe itself. We are God and God is us. God is the mojo that makes everything go. God is energy. God makes the mountains rise up. God turns the wheels of evolution. What God is not is some sort of being outside of us. It is not a thing that “cares” about us or sits in judgment of us. Bad things happen, and good things happen, and there is no “reason” for it, other than being part of the mysterious workings of the universe.There is no heaven and hell, heaven and hell are right here on earth. They are states of mind. I think the passage of time is pretty much an illusion, created by our mind to cope with the fact that we are RIGHT HERE for eternity, because all things, include all time, are one. The best you can hope for is inner peace (heaven) for as much of that time as possible. So there is the gist. Maybe you think I’m nuts. According to Christianity I am doomed to hell for these thoughts. Maybe so. I don’t claim to be right on here, these are just some of my feelings. I could expand on why I don’t believe in the Christian view of God but that’s a topic for another thread. Any other crazy ideas out there?

I think the passage of time is pretty much an illusion, created by our mind to cope with the fact that we are RIGHT HERE for eternity, because all things, include all time, are one.
The passage of time does have a necessary forward progression, which can't be reversed. What I find really interesting is the relativity of space-time...that two events can appear simultaneous to one observer, and not to another. That, in fact, there is no actual simultaneity.
Since this is a religion thread, I thought I'd testify I bit on how I view God, and I would be interested to hear some other "alternative" views of God, if any. I am not saying this to convince anybody of anything. I just would like to read some other people's idea of God so I will share mine to start. (Certainly influenced by my limited knowledge of eastern religions.)I think that……God is basically the universe itself. We are God and God is us. God is the mojo that makes everything go. God is energy. God makes the mountains rise up. God turns the wheels of evolution. What God is not is some sort of being outside of us. It is not a thing that "cares" about us or sits in judgment of us. Bad things happen, and good things happen, and there is no "reason" for it, other than being part of the mysterious workings of the universe.There is no heaven and hell, heaven and hell are right here on earth. They are states of mind. I think the passage of time is pretty much an illusion, created by our mind to cope with the fact that we are RIGHT HERE for eternity, because all things, include all time, are one. The best you can hope for is inner peace (heaven) for as much of that time as possible. So there is the gist. Maybe you think I'm nuts. According to Christianity I am doomed to hell for these thoughts. Maybe so. I don't claim to be right on here, these are just some of my feelings. I could expand on why I don't believe in the Christian view of God but that's a topic for another thread. Any other crazy ideas out there?
Very Unitarian of you. And yeah... I pretty much agree.
The passage of time does have a necessary forward progression, which can't be reversed. What I find really interesting is the relativity of space-time...that two events can appear simultaneous to one observer, and not to another. That, in fact, there is no actual simultaneity.
Well yes I am aware of this idea... and the idea that time itself is relative, and not the same for all observers. By illusion I mean that the way we observe time, both in day to day life and from a scientific/theoretical point of view. We have called a certain thing "time" and from that definition, yes it can only go forward, and it progresses. But I think it is all part of a whole, as it the past, and from a grander point of view it is all tied together.
Since this is a religion thread, I thought I’d testify I bit on how I view God, and I would be interested to hear some other “alternative” views of God, if any. I am not saying this to convince anybody of anything. I just would like to read some other people’s idea of God so I will share mine to start. (Certainly influenced by my limited knowledge of eastern religions.)I think that……God is basically the universe itself. We are God and God is us. God is the mojo that makes everything go. God is energy. God makes the mountains rise up. God turns the wheels of evolution. What God is not is some sort of being outside of us. It is not a thing that “cares” about us or sits in judgment of us. Bad things happen, and good things happen, and there is no “reason” for it, other than being part of the mysterious workings of the universe.There is no heaven and hell, heaven and hell are right here on earth. They are states of mind. I think the passage of time is pretty much an illusion, created by our mind to cope with the fact that we are RIGHT HERE for eternity, because all things, include all time, are one. The best you can hope for is inner peace (heaven) for as much of that time as possible. So there is the gist. Maybe you think I’m nuts. According to Christianity I am doomed to hell for these thoughts. Maybe so. I don’t claim to be right on here, these are just some of my feelings. I could expand on why I don’t believe in the Christian view of God but that’s a topic for another thread. Any other crazy ideas out there?
Why even speak of "God" then? Why not just speak of the world and those things in the world?Since this is your view of "God" then do you believe there are such things as objective, absolute truth? Or is everything simply subjective? Do immaterial and supernatural things exist?Just some questions I thought of....