Fair enough. I agree that they are both quirks of mine.

The thing is, I know it's real. It's not like I don't think that any gangsters in Baltimore were gay. It's just that the show runners seem to usually say, "This happened once, so it's cool.", without thinking about the fact that they did that 10 times and then had all their lives intersect somehow. It just makes it really jump out at me. Not that it couldn't happen, but that it happens with a much higher frequency than real life. Same with infidelity. It happens, but not to the extreme shown in movies/TV shows.

I need a new series to start. Any suggestions?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mrs. Mac!   I'm watching this show finally. Considering my semi-infatuation with Mormonism, I'm surprised it's taken me so long to watch it. Just finished season 2.

you were warned

yeah, most people are boring and lead boring, unremarkable lives. That would make one hell of a show.

Well, I guess suggesting " the affair" is out. I really did like Leftovers, if you haven't seen it, but it's non-stop pain, not for everyone. The only thing i'm really watching right now is Game of Thrones and Penny Dreadful.

I think Halt and Catch fire is about to start season two. I really enjoyed the first season, if you havent' seen in. I'm basically the only one who watched it, i can't believe it got renewed.

I haven't heard of penny or halt. I'll check those out.

I've been thinking about starting leftovers. I've seen a little an enjoyed it.

yeah, most people are boring and lead boring, unremarkable lives. That would make one hell of a show.

There are so many more things that could be interesting besides sexuality though.

I think Halt and Catch fire is about to start season two. I really enjoyed the first season, if you havent' seen in. I'm basically the only one who watched it, i can't believe it got renewed.

I watched it too and thought it was good.

My DVR is set to record the new season.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess suggesting " the affair" is out. I really did like Leftovers, if you haven't seen it, but it's non-stop pain, not for everyone. The only thing i'm really watching right now is Game of Thrones and Penny Dreadful.

I started and finished Silicon Valley since we last talked. It's quite good, although there are many things I don't like. I'm totally sold on it though.

Now i need something else. I don't love the hour long episodes of The Leftovers. It seems daunting, especially if I don't love it. I'll lose interest quickly.

I started and finished Silicon Valley since we last talked. It's quite good, although there are many things I don't like. I'm totally sold on it though.

Now i need something else. I don't love the hour long episodes of The Leftovers. It seems daunting, especially if I don't love it. I'll lose interest quickly.

Give the first episode a shot. See if it sticks