Ncaa Tournament Thread

How do you guys feel about Michigan being left out?
I'm not suprised, but when you look at the quality teams they beat this year, they were more desrving of a bid than several teams that got in. Running bad at the end of the year cost them even though they played in one of the two toughest conferences. Expect to see them in the NIT finals along with probably CN.
Gonzaga... who did they beat... oh yeah michigan state at the beginning of the year in hawaii... Nuff said...
This and the Duke/UNC game at the end of the season were the best games I saw all year.
My thoughts:How is Illinois a 4 if UNC is a 3 in their bracket? Illinois beat them AT UNC this year, not to mention have a better record overall and played in a better conference?Gonzaga getting a 3 was a slight dis (not as bad as a few years ago getting a 6 seed when they were ranked 6 in the country).Tennessee, a 2...sure, whatever.Syracuse is not a 5 seed.
Did Illinios beat the #1 team in the country on senior night in their home gym... nope. UNC got that seed because they are playing thier best basketball of the year right now.Gonzaga's seed was ok, sets up a possible interesting sweet 16 match up with UCLA.TN a 2 is way off, they should be a 4.Syracuse is playing like a team possesed right now, but going from the bublle to a #5 does seem like a big jump. I would have expected them to pull in a 7 seed or so, but they did just win the Big East Tournament.
Yeah, I almost did something crazy like picking Texas to beat Duke in my bracket too, but then I remembered that Duke mopped the floor with them on a neutral court. I think it was by 30 points or so. Fugly.
Lets not forget they can potentially play Iowa on the way to Duke, and they only beat Iowa by 3 points early in the year. Texas has a very difficult path to the Final four. And if they meet Duke, they are going to get spanked again.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not forget they can potentially play Iowa on the way to Duke, and they only beat Iowa by 3 points early in the year. Texas has a very difficult path to the Final four. And if they meet Duke, they are going to get spanked again.
This weighed into my decision as well. Iowa will be a tough out for sure. I really didn't want to pick Duke to come out of that region, but I couldn't find anyone else I liked enough. I haven't seen much of LSU this season, but a lot of the 'experts' are taking them against Duke. I like their win over WV on the road, but that loss to Florida by 16 over the weekend is a little scary.Off topic: I would not want to see Northern Iowa or SIU in my bracket. That is all.