Wsop Main Event Satelites

I'm thinking we should have something stickied when the time draws nearer, but I'm curious as to how much $$ people are going to throw at sats to try to win a seat into the main event..Right now I'm looking at the 25+2 rebuys on stars to get into the 675 satelite..

I'm going to play some satalites, (low buy-in) to get WSOP dollars. Then I'm going to play the Double Shootouts. That's the plan anyway.

Can someone who has gone thru the various paths to the WSOP please let us know the best routes?There's a pretty good, but very general item at Carplayer on this issue: http://cardplayer.com/poker_news/detail.ph...48d2d4d19242fa9But I'm seeking more specific details: what am I looking at for time per various event, size of satellite fields, best path for under 100 bucks, etc... I just have this vision of all these 10,000-entrant freeroll donkey-fests that amount to little more than crap shoots.If you've been down a few of the paths, please share your experience and advice.Would love to give the main event a shot if I could get a seat for under 100 bucks.Cheers,

I just have this vision of all these 10,000-entrant freeroll donkey-fests that amount to little more than crap shoots.
You realize that's what the Main Event is becoming, right? I keed.
I am spend some money taking a shot, **** a cash in ME would change my life. Yeah even the cash for 10,500
just to clarify, if you do win a seat into the main event, you would actually be winning the $10-12K if it was a normal satellite. sites usually don't add any money.so satellites are fine if you are looking to play in the Main Event as an experience, for fun, or you're actually a high level player.but for people who are going for the money, you would be better off playing normally tourneys/satellites. much better.

Stars is holding the 33r 1 seat guaranteed right? I plan on playing quite a few sats and hopefully i qualify. I hear Party has decent sats but Ive made up my mind and I refuse to show up to the wsop dressed as satan.its gonna be stars, UB, or PR for me.

just to clarify, if you do win a seat into the main event, you would actually be winning the $10-12K if it was a normal satellite. sites usually don't add any money.so satellites are fine if you are looking to play in the Main Event as an experience, for fun, or you're actually a high level player.but for people who are going for the money, you would be better off playing normally tourneys/satellites. much better.
yeah when you make it "into the money" the first prize is $10,500. I am not really in it for the money, but the money would be nice.I think of it as taking a vacation not as going to work.

In response to Izzy. I don't really know the cheapest route to a ME seat, but I'll tell you about my experience.In 2005 I satellited into the ME through Stars, in a $160 shootout.It took me 11 tries in the shootouts, more than half of which I satellited into via the $5/R supersats. 5 final tables before I took one down. It cost me in the end <$1000 to win the seat and (since I did win a seat) it was entirely worthwhile.I will probably spend the same attempting to qualify again this year.