Correct Me If I'm Wrong

Ok cool. For some reason I figured you were a Christian (found out later that you probably weren't) so I viewed your post defensively, which is wierd, but I apologise for the misunderstanding. BTW, I don't dislike Christians, I think it's just a somewhat natural reaction in an argumentative discussion.I agree completely. It doesn't add to a "scientific" discussion to say "God did it" or the like. But that's why it's a problem. It's a theological stance, not a scientific one. It does present a problem from an agrumentitive stance, however, because it presents us (non-believers) with the burden to disprove something that can't be disproven, and is outside scientific reasoning. We can't prove that God didn't do something any more that we can prove the he doesn't exist. They can't prove that he DID do something any more than they can prove that he DOES exists. Unfortunately, the debate is theological with them, and not scientific, so the burden of proof is less applicable from their stance. That's why it's hard to debate. Thus the problem.
That's why a lot of evolutionary theorists (professors, etc) will decline to have an actual debate with a creationist. There's no grounds to debate a scientific subject with a person who doesn't understand the subject scientifically. You can of course still have a conversation....
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why a lot of evolutionary theorists (professors, etc) will decline to have an actual debate with a creationist. There's no grounds to debate a scientific subject with a person who doesn't understand the subject scientifically. You can of course still have a conversation....
correct, just as its just as I wouldnt recommend somebody who knows little about the bible tryin to debate it with a theologian. Its a general rule of thumb to not debate something you know little about
And this is why I believe you lack in the area of understand of the bible and instead have made up ur own ideas about this. Where in the bible does if the sin is something you cant reverse that you go to hell? You cant reverse adultery, murder, lust, cussing and so forth. You can ask for forgiveness but thats about it. Your scale of sin is not biblical and your reasoning doesnt hold any sort of biblical standing. As for Tex Watson, who is to know if he has truly accepted Jesus as his Savior or not. Could he be a nut just saying it? of course...but could he have truly asked Jesus for forgiveness and been saved? absolutely possible too. Who are you to judge? bible asks this question. If you are righteous then you can judge others but if you cant then really you have no say. The greatness of God is that He will love you even when you have sinned. That He will give you a second chance b/c he doesnt want you in hell. He doesnt want anybody in hell.Yes you are distancing yourself from christianity though not in this grand way that you claim. Joseph Smith distanced himself from the bible and you see where that lead him. Good luck
Anyone who thinks that Tex Watson has a mind to serve God is a fool, plain and simple. Not suprised that you would defend that idea, Matt, as a matter of of fact I expected it. This is a real good reason to look at the excpet Jesus Christ in your heart B.S. for the fallacy that it is- that was never God or Christs intention, and if any fool wanted to cross reference the Bible he would find that in fact belief and faith by themselves do not save, but it is in fact the opposite.