Gilbert Arenas Fanclub

This is to Gilbertology:I am a fan of Gilbert Arenas now. I wasnt really before, and I thought he was just a cocky player... but I was wrong. He is fantastic, a baller in every sense of the word. Pure and simple a great player and a great person. I was wrong.

he's a great player, but no way he's better than Kobe. He dishes out a couple more assists per game, Kobe grabs a couple more rebounds per game, and Kobe outscores him by about 5 a game.

Guest Guest

I agree Arenas is probably not a better player than Kobe on the court at least right now, but as a person he far above him. Give Arenas a few more seasons, he's gonna be a beast. I like him alot. He has a some growing to do, but that's the deal when you start out at anything in life. Arenas is a class act in the making as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think there's any disputing Kobe as maybe the best player in the game right now. Arenas is one of the best, but has to have a couple more years under his belt and a few more playoff series victories until he surpasses Kobe, if he ever does. However, he's still very young and I think in two more years he'll be considered by many as a constant top 5 or 10 player in the league. I firmly believe he'll pass Wade, but probably not Lebron unless the Wizards win a championship soon. Arenas tho has a much cooler personality than Kobe. He hangs with his teammates and gives back to his fans, while Kobe has been reported to be very distant from his teammates, at least before this year when Phil came back and kinda righted the ship. When you add character to ability, that is when I put Arenas ahead of Kobe.

Guest Guest_Alisha Martin_*
Yes, I know he wears just one zero on his jersey, but I still call him double zero, ok. Or his preferred nickname, "The Assasin".
I really do love Gilbert Arenas. He is a really good ball player.That 0 does not mean anything because I think he is # 1 in my eyes.By the way I did not know Arenas Was that young. How can I join the fan club. :club:
Arenas is one of the best, but has to have a couple more years under his belt and a few more playoff series victories until he surpasses Kobe, if he ever does. However, he's still very young and I think in two more years he'll be considered by many as a constant top 5 or 10 player in the league. I firmly believe he'll pass Wade, but probably not Lebron unless the Wizards win a championship soon.
Arenas is one of the best young player in the league, but he isn't better than any of those guys right now and I don't think he is going to be. A few plaoff victories isn't going to get him in Kobe's league, kobe has 3 rings. LeBron is probably the most talented player in the league today, and Wade is mr intangibles, he does it all and does it well.
  • 2 weeks later...

It doesnt really fall into the fan club category but Arenas got arrested (he didnt really do anything). Check out the following linkhttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Auej...ov=ap&type=lgnsMy favorite quote from the article is this

As Arenas was being arrested, according to reports, he said, "You can't arrest me. I'm a basketball player. I play for the Washington Wizards, and I'm not going to leave my teammate."
Guest GilArenasFan

Apparently he never said that. He is way to classy to pull a line like thathttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6053102247.htmlGotta love the Zero Heroquote name='princeof56k' date='Sunday, May 28th, 2006, 4:14 PM' post='1106935']It doesnt really fall into the fan club category but Arenas got arrested (he didnt really do anything). Check out the following linkhttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Auej...ov=ap&type=lgnsMy favorite quote from the article is this

Yeh Arenas was coming to the defense of his teammates and didn't do anything to warrant an arrest, just read the Wilbon article. This just shows the ineptitude of the Miami police and the whole city. He's selling his house and never comin back.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

I am really disappointed in the Miami Beach PD and how they treated Gil. I was able to meet and greet him the day before the event, however, being that Miami is my hometown I should have warned him about how things get "down" in the MIA. Nonetheless, I hope he really does not give up his house, would hope to run into him down there again sometime...although, my chances of seeing him again while living here in MD are a lot better than in Miami.Cody