Baseball Trivia

Heh...It was sort of a trick question. At the time, he wasn't starting for the team - he was the back up middle infielder. It goes to show you just how talented the teams in the Negro League were.He did play 1B when he arrived in the ML, until Gil Hodges joined the team I believe.Part 2 of the question was that he was traded to the Giants for $$, and instead of playing for them, he retired.EDIT: Anyone that said SS was correct though, since that is what he was listed as, if we are keeping score. He still wasn't starting a majority of the games though, mainly because those teams had a heirarchy of sorts.
I definitely remember that. Good shit. I think "commit" threw me off. I dont want to ask a question someone else roll it.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay here's my question for the night....I'll answer it later or tomorrow, or somebody can look it up I guess. What player, in 1987, set the Major League record for getting caught stealing HOME in an inning, with 2?I don't know if the record has since been tied or broken.....but it's hard to imagine that it has. Good luck, see you guys tomorrow.not very helpful hint: in 1980 he led his league in both assists AND errors by a 2B, but in 1987 he was in the the other league and was no longer a starting 2B.Bonus: How exactly did he manage to get caught stealing home twice?

I remember this gameJim Morrison of the PiratesBonus time: he got back to third on an error, but according to the MLB rule book is goes down as being caught stealing, he got nailed though the second he tried to steal home on Ricky Horton.

Seems like I killed the thread so I will restart it...What two pitchers share the Major League record for most one-hit games in a career and how many did they have?
Shot in the dark... Nolan Ryan and Steve Carlton with 9 apiece.
I remember this gameJim Morrison of the PiratesBonus time: he got back to third on an error, but according to the MLB rule book is goes down as being caught stealing, he got nailed though the second he tried to steal home on Ricky Horton.
WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT THAT. Congrats. I also can't believe Morrison tried to steal again, after failing once. I mean, the only way you can steal home is by the element of surprise......but I guess nobody thought he'd go AGAIN......
WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT THAT. Congrats. I also can't believe Morrison tried to steal again, after failing once. I mean, the only way you can steal home is by the element of surprise......but I guess nobody thought he'd go AGAIN......
I may not know many things, but I do know baseball.

Dammit guys, when you get one right you gotta ask one!Ok who hit the first inside-the-park homerun at Coors Field?Hint: later that season he joined the 30-30 club.

Dammit guys, when you get one right you gotta ask one!Ok who hit the first inside-the-park homerun at Coors Field?Hint: later that season he joined the 30-30 club.
Just a guess - Preston Wilson? Can't think of any other Rockies that had decent power _and_ speed. Although it's Colorado, I don't think Neffi Perez ever hit 30 jacks. :-)

nope to both.....i'll be out for a few hours, but i'll post the answer when i get backdoublehint: he is my favorite baseball player ever.......and no it ain't tim wakefield