Baseball Trivia

For the record, he had 38 home runs as it turns out. Who's got the record for most home runs after turning 40?
Yes he did have 38 homeruns, but only 37 of them were in games in which he was pitching.As for who had the most homeruns after turning 40 I am assuming you are referring to a total after they had turned 40 and not referring to a single season record. Carlton Fisk had the most homeruns after the age of 40 with 72 which ironically matches his White Sox jersey number. I however have no clue who hit the most in a season after turning 40.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he did have 38 homeruns, but only 37 of them were in games in which he was pitching.As for who had the most homeruns after turning 40 I am assuming you are referring to a total after they had turned 40 and not referring to a single season record. Carlton Fisk had the most homeruns after the age of 40 with 72 which ironically matches his White Sox jersey number. I however have no clue who hit the most in a season after turning 40.
Absolutely right. I was looking for career...not season.Was the 38th a pinch hit?
Darrell Evans?
No, he has the second most.EDIT: aadams has it right with Fisk.

I got the trammell/whitaker one a while ago, so i'm asking my question now.Tinkers to Evers to Chance was the famed double play combo for the cubs in the first decade of the 1900s....Who played third base?

I got the trammell/whitaker one a while ago, so i'm asking my question now.Tinkers to Evers to Chance was the famed double play combo for the cubs in the first decade of the 1900s....Who played third base?
Oh snap I know this. Give me a minute.For some reason his last name isn't coming to me.Joe, Johnny, Frank, and Harry. Harry ........ aw crap I'll let someone else get it.
Bill Wambsganss, cleveland indians.Who threw the pitch that killed Ray Chapman?
The other Mays.Who played in Ripken's place the game he ended his consecutive game streak, and where was the game?
The other Mays.Who played in Ripken's place the game he ended his consecutive game streak, and where was the game?
I thought the game was played in Baltimore. I forget the replacement's name...big kid 6-7 or so, if i remember. I thought his brother played in the SF chain.P.S. It's Carl
I thought the game was played in Baltimore. I forget the replacement's name...big kid 6-7 or so, if i remember. I thought his brother played in the SF chain.
It was, I meant to ask who the game was against.And the kid you are referring to (I won't give the name yet) may have been the most overrated prospect I have seen in a long time of watching the AAA team we have hear in Rochester.
It was, I meant to ask who the game was against.And the kid you are referring to (I won't give the name yet) may have been the most overrated prospect I have seen in a long time of watching the AAA team we have hear in Rochester.
Mr. Ryan Minor. Should have stuck to ghetto handball, he was better at that.I dunno the town or the opponent.
Mr. Ryan Minor. Should have stuck to ghetto handball, he was better at that.I dunno the town or the opponent.
Ryan ****ing Minor is correct. He practically torpedoed two seasons of Red Wings baseball.Opponent was the hated Yankees.
Ryan ****ing Minor is correct. He practically torpedoed two seasons of Red Wings baseball.Opponent was the hated Yankees.
The Red Wings have been so bad for so long, I had almost forgotten we even have a team. There's the Amerks, and the Rhinos, and...and...what's that other one? Oh yeah! The Knighthawks.
The Red Wings have been so bad for so long, I had almost forgotten we even have a team. There's the Amerks, and the Rhinos, and...and...what's that other one? Oh yeah! The Knighthawks.
You missed the best team in Rochester this year.Red Wings were decent this year, I am just hoping/praying that Liriano gets sent back down for a little more grooming so I can watch that ridiculousness. Seriously, he was a once in a lifetime player, I doubt we will ever see anything like him again.
You missed the best team in Rochester this year.Red Wings were decent this year, I am just hoping/praying that Liriano gets sent back down for a little more grooming so I can watch that ridiculousness. Seriously, he was a once in a lifetime player, I doubt we will ever see anything like him again.
Twins' affiliate now?
Twins' affiliate now?
Yes.And having not seen the kid from Seattle (who I hear is pretty awesome) I make the completely biased, non-informed statement ofLiriano is ready to be the most exciting pitcher in all of baseball within the next 3 years. Maybe not the best, but definitely exciting. Vintage Pedro type exciting.
Yes.And having not seen the kid from Seattle (who I hear is pretty awesome) I make the completely biased, non-informed statement ofLiriano is ready to be the most exciting pitcher in all of baseball within the next 3 years. Maybe not the best, but definitely exciting. Vintage Pedro type exciting.
I've seen the guy from Seattle, during his callup last fall. He's that good.Felix Hernandez is the name I believe.
I've seen the guy from Seattle, during his callup last fall. He's that good.Felix Hernandez is the name I believe.
Yeah, Hernandez.Seriously though, with those two, this could set up for some epic battles in the next few years. The key will be whether their teams are good enough to get them out of obscurity.
Yeah, Hernandez.Seriously though, with those two, this could set up for some epic battles in the next few years. The key will be whether their teams are good enough to get them out of obscurity.
Seattle is a cesspool of a team IMHO. Minnesota has plenty of building blocks in place.
Na, Chad Billingsley will be the top pitcher in baseball within 3-5 years. Not flamboyant in a Pedro way, but more in the mold of Clemens. He was part of the 'Jacksonville 5' last year, Baseball America's number 1 rated minor league team. I'm giddy with the knowledge that the Dodgers have the highest rated minor league system in baseball (again, via Baseball America's most recent rankings). Felix Hernandez is filthy though - I saw him pitch vs Oakland last year.Why are you guys even discussing the AL though? That's not real baseball. ;-)I'll contribute a trivia question - On a night within the last 20 years, 2 pitchers (one in both leagues) threw no hitters on the same night. Name the pitchers, the teams they played for, and the teams they pitched against. Bonus points if you can identify anything interesting/unusual about the telecasts.
not real baseball. ;-)I'll contribute a trivia question - On a night within the last 20 years, 2 pitchers (one in both leagues) threw no hitters on the same night. Name the pitchers, the teams they played for, and the teams they pitched against. Bonus points if you can identify anything interesting/unusual about the telecasts.
Dave Stewart (A's) and Fernando (dodgers)?
Na, Chad Billingsley will be the top pitcher in baseball within 3-5 years. Not flamboyant in a Pedro way, but more in the mold of Clemens. He was part of the 'Jacksonville 5' last year, Baseball America's number 1 rated minor league team. I'm giddy with the knowledge that the Dodgers have the highest rated minor league system in baseball (again, via Baseball America's most recent rankings). Felix Hernandez is filthy though - I saw him pitch vs Oakland last year.Why are you guys even discussing the AL though? That's not real baseball. ;-)I'll contribute a trivia question - On a night within the last 20 years, 2 pitchers (one in both leagues) threw no hitters on the same night. Name the pitchers, the teams they played for, and the teams they pitched against. Bonus points if you can identify anything interesting/unusual about the telecasts.
Of course you choose the ultimate west coast trivia question. Fernando and Dave, obv for the Dodgers and A's. No idea on the last two parts.And trust me...you are not qualified to say who the best minor league pitcher is. You live in San Diego, for god's sake. You guys don't even appreciate the good pitchers you have. :club:
haha, I was a homer yesterday for sure.So I'm correct?
Yeah, and since you answered first, that means that you are up. :club: