$50 to $1000 on pstars day 24

This is completely read dependent. I'm not folding to a 3-bet from a 60/20/10.Why not raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet? Anything else you want to qualify or backtrack on before I continue?Now's the time.
ok. raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet from anyone but a maniac. Seems simple enough, really.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XXEddie

ok. raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet from anyone but a maniac. Seems simple enough, really.you must not like money, this makes no sense whatsoever you can call the turn and river bet for the same priceyoure either going to lose the same amount or win the hand

smokey.....you have no idea who the he'll youre dealing with....just agree with him beofre he takes more of your digity away......if you still have any. everything you are saying is wrong, everything smash is saying is right
:D If he throws a party...don't drink the punch. :)

i like what smokey is saying even if i dont completely agree with it. i like to see people mix it up with smash cuz then smash goes into even more detail about a bunch of terms that i am just starting to finally grasp after only playing poker for a short time in my life and thus, we all learn even morei'd also just like to say akishore is a great poster too. good stuff

i like what smokey is saying even if i dont completely agree with it. i like to see people mix it up with smash cuz then smash goes into even more detail about a bunch of terms that i am just starting to finally grasp after only playing poker for a short time in my life and thus, we all learn even morei'd also just like to say akishore is a great poster too. good stuff
So true, let us all thank Smokey for making Smash explain himself. Even though this concept isn't really that difficult.

Let me point ot that Smokey's dead on with his advice for, say, the Party .50/1 game. It's prety horrible for the Pstars micro games, though.Completely diffrent playerbase. Ccompletely diffrent game texture.

Let me point ot that Smokey's dead on with his advice for, say, the Party .50/1 game. It's prety horrible for the Pstars micro games, though.Completely diffrent playerbase. Ccompletely diffrent game texture.
Never played at stars. Had to download to watch the "FCP'ers".It's correct for all the small stakes games I've seen. How much different can Pstars be?
Guest XXEddie
Board is Q477....Is he 3-betting AQ? No. What about KK? No. He c/c the flop...you don't c/c the flop with these hands...then leads the turn when the board pairs, if you're 3-bet you can be almost positive he's got a third seven.
you still lose the same amount of money, and you get to see his hand....this gives you A) information for later hands, B) a slight chance to acually win the handwhat part of this are you having trouble understanding
Board is Q477....Is he 3-betting AQ? No. What about KK? No. He c/c the flop...you don't c/c the flop with these hands...then leads the turn when the board pairs, if you're 3-bet you can be almost positive he's got a third seven.
you still lose the same amount of money, and you get to see his hand....this gives you A) information for later hands, B) a slight chance to acually win the handwhat part of this are you having trouble understanding
Shut up. I read your posts, and you wouldn't know a brick if it hit you in the face.

Board is Q477....Is he 3-betting AQ? No. What about KK? No. He c/c the flop...you don't c/c the flop with these handsJust be clear, this microlimit player who's oing to pay me off with 22 is no plaing rationally?Just checking...Helps your argument when he acts rationally when you could be making a massive blunder, but goes back to being stupid when he could make a mistake.It's an easy game isn't it?

Board is Q477....Is he 3-betting AQ? No. What about KK? No. He c/c the flop...you don't c/c the flop with these handsJust be clear, this microlimit player who's oing to pay me off with 22 is no plaing rationally?Just checking...Helps your argument when he acts rationally when you could be making a massive blunder, but goes back to being stupid when he could make a mistake.It's an easy game isn't it?
Interesting. Are we now reverting back to reads?

Why not raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet? Because its going to cost you 2 bets either way you do it.If you take Smash's play, you'll never lose with the best hand because you get to the showdown.If we take your advice, we have a chance of folding the best hand and losing money. Even if you do it once throughout your whole poker career, you've still lost money if you simply call it down.So, speaking of EV, take a look @ your suggested play.

Even if you do it once throughout your whole poker career, you've still lost money if you simply call it down.
Compelling. You still lose money, but gain more by raising. You are going to gain an extra bet here enough to make up for the times you do fold a winner. Folding the winner here is rare at all the games i've played.
Guest XXEddie
Even if you do it once throughout your whole poker career, you've still lost money if you simply call it down.
Compelling. You still lose money, but gain more by raising. You are going to gain an extra bet here enough to make up for the times you do fold a winner. Folding the winner here is rare at all the games i've played.
how do you gain an extra bet, rasing then folding and calling both turn and river cost the same? shrapen up on those math skills
This is completely read dependent. I'm not folding to a 3-bet from a 60/20/10.Why not raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet? Anything else you want to qualify or backtrack on before I continue?Now's the time.
ok. raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet from anyone but a maniac. Seems simple enough, really.
there could be a problem raising the turn here. first off u could face a 3-bet in which case you'll have to fold ur hand and miss out on a 2 outter, but still lose the same amount in which case you could just call to showdown the hand anyway. second is player b could get smart on you. lets say u raise the turn and he calls, then he decides to bet the river. a move like this is bound to put you in a daze in which case u''ll probably have to pay him off an extra bet. some of the plays were a little weak but it could warrant some free cards later on in the game. when reaching higher limits some of the timid plays could lead to trouble as the reg. starts to pick u off as a player that can't pressure w/ out a big hand. it could also lead to cheap draws to opponents that u coulda push ealier in the round.anyday w/ extra pocket money is a good day.

Interesting. Are we now reverting back to reads?*everything* can be qualified with reads.capping a three-bet instead of folding is right with the right read.It's pointless to argue something based upona read you don't have.It's much worse when your argument is predicated on there being two oposing reads on the same player who will react in a way that fits into your argument.He'll call with a worse hand than KK while staring at an A on the flop, but he'll raise with a better hand than KK and nearly never without one.Understand?

Meant you still lose money instead of just simply calling it down. I really don't see how you are gaining an extra bet, you are putting 2 more bets into the pot. Why put 2 bets in and fold instead of just going to the showdown for 2 bets?
smokey.....you have no idea who the he'll youre dealing with....just agree with him beofre he takes more of your digity away......if you still have any. everything you are saying is wrong, everything smash is saying is right
u ever have anything creative to say?? lol

ome of the plays were a little weak but it could warrant some free cards later on in the game. when reaching higher limits some of the timid plays could let to trouble as the reg. starts to pick u off as a player that can't pressure w/ out a big hand. it could also lead to cheap draws to opponents that u coulda push ealier in the round.Absolutely. Fold equity is a little higher in those games, though.