Hand below. Would you have played differently?Not much of a read on the villain other than he's aggressive. Not sure if tight or loose since he sat down about 10 minutes ago and has taken down a couple pots already without having to show down.Seat 1: tjlsh ( $25.20)Seat 2: jonnylevi ( $23.90)Seat 3: bluff_orbust ( $24.75)Seat 4: dieback ( $37.41)Seat 5: marval ( $26.80)Seat 6: Slash_Rocks ( $27.20)Seat 7: maimai99 ( $30.53)Seat 8: BlindThief_ ( $43.02)Seat 9: MM_MNGirl ( $52.65)Seat 10: realdeals ( $19.19)MM_MNGirl posts small blind (0.10)realdeals posts big blind (0.25)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to HERO [ Qs, Kh ] tjlsh folds.jonnylevi did not respond in time.jonnylevi folds.bluff_orbust folds.HERO raises (1) to 1marval folds.Slash_Rocks calls (1)BlindThief_ calls (1)MM_MNGirl folds.realdeals folds.** Dealing Flop ** : [ 8d, 6c, Qc ] HERO bets (2.50)Slash_Rocks raises (8) to 8BlindThief_ folds.HERO calls (5.50)** Dealing Turn ** : [ Js ] HERO checks.Slash_Rocks bets (18.20)Slash_Rocks is all-In.HERO calls (18.20)** Dealing River ** : [ 2d ] Creating Main Pot with $53 with Slash_Rocks** Summary **Main Pot: $53 | | Rake: $2.75Board: [ 8d 6c Qc Js 2d ]Will post results later.

In what manner did he play those pots earlier? That would go a great way toward determining the correct play here. I think he is waiting till the turn if he has a set, but that possibility can't be discounted entirely.AQ and QJ have us beat. We are splitting with KQ. We are banking on the hope he has QT or Q9.There is a lot of gray area in this hand. For me, I have to be playing the hand to get a feel one way or the other.

In what manner did he play those pots earlier? That would go a great way toward determining the correct play here. I think he is waiting till the turn if he has a set, but that possibility can't be discounted entirely.AQ and QJ have us beat. We are splitting with KQ. We are banking on the hope he has QT or Q9.There is a lot of gray area in this hand. For me, I have to be playing the hand to get a feel one way or the other.
He won two pots earlier.One has a couple limpers and he raised large preflop and everyone folded.The other pot he played by raising from position and took it down with a continuation bet.As I said, the only info I have is that he's definitely aggressive. Not sure yet how he plays when someone initially lead bets into him, or how he slow plays.

I would probably check-raise the flop... If he's aggressive he'll bet at it and your check-raise will tell you everything you need to know. If he folds : great, calls : you have the lead in the hand and probably the best hand I think, raise : you fold.I originally thought JJ but his turn bet is too big and he would've probably reraised preflop. I'm going to guess he had a set of 66's. Like I said before, I think check-raising the flop would have helped.

I would probably check-raise the flop... If he's aggressive he'll bet at it and your check-raise will tell you everything you need to know. If he folds : great, calls : you have the lead in the hand and probably the best hand I think, raise : you fold.I originally thought JJ but his turn bet is too big and he would've probably reraised preflop. I'm going to guess he had a set of 66's. Like I said before, I think check-raising the flop would have helped.
If I check-raise here and he just calls, why would you think I have the best hand? Assume that I am not min-check-raising, which I almost never do. If for example he calls a 3x check-raise, what is to discount the possibility that he is smooth calling a set and waiting for me to lead out again on the turn? If he re-raises the check raise I am almost certainly going to fold. By check-raising him here I am unmistakably telling him I have top pair - a hand good enough to perhaps lead out again on the turn but not really good enough to stand a big re-raise. It seems the villain would get more value out of smooth calling a stronger hand here and waiting for me to toss more money into the pot on the turn. Remember, the board came down with a flush draw, so if the villain does indeed have a set, checking behind me and giving a free card could be disastrous, so he'd probably bet a set as well.

anyone else think he maybe should've folded preflop?? KQ offsuit in early/mid position....I don't know. That being said, I can see villain holding 66, 88, or even a Q-8 suited at these low levels. To be honest..I think a Q-8 suited is pretty likely. I think I lay this down on the turn....I think only realistic hands we beat are QJ or QT....P.S. Also...could villian be holding 7c 9c for a mega-draw that he is playing very aggressively??

anyone else think he maybe should've folded preflop?? KQ offsuit in early/mid position....I don't know. That being said, I can see villain holding 66, 88, or even a Q-8 suited at these low levels. To be honest..I think a Q-8 suited is pretty likely. I think I lay this down on the turn....I think only realistic hands we beat are QJ or QT....P.S. Also...could villian be holding 7c 9c for a mega-draw that he is playing very aggressively??
raising that early in a full ring game seems a little spewish, i agree. if that table is poor, i'll limp, but otherwise i don't think a fold is out of the question.i don't know whether the call/play is right, but i'm pretty sure if you consistently play like this, you will lose a lot of big pots, and consistently get beaten by decent players.

I think we are beat a lot more often than we are ahead in this situation. There is only a couple hands we can realistically beat,unless he seemed very loose when he won those pots theres really no way you can call here. O and in my point of view folding this preflop is definitly not out of the question but I think a raise seems a lot better option than a limp,at least you can realistically put you're opponent on a range of hands when he called the raise.just a donks opinion :club:

I would almost never fold preflop in this spot. Having said that I'm not looking to play a big pot with this hand either unless I flop something huge. Flopping top pair isn't huge by any stretch though. I would lean toward folding, if he is making a play on me, I'll hope he tries it again when I am more sure. I don't see many players at these stakes do this once, and then put that play away for the session. Once you have seen this huge all in overbet, you know its coming back out. Similar to slowplayers at these stakes, once a slowplayer always a slowplayer.

Ok, let me just preface by saying that I don't usually make this call. It was a very tough one for me and I used up pretty much my entire time bank before making it.I could be wrong about this, and correct me if so, but here were my thoughts.The villain was very aggressive. Online, and at these limits, I lean towards viewing the raises of such players like the one he made on the flop as informational/semibluff raises rather than a monster. My thought was that if he had a set or AQ, or even an overpair, he would smooth call my bet and wait for me to put more money into the pot on the turn. He could be protecting a hand against the flush draw, but I viewed this as unlikely since it would be easier for him to put me on top pair rather than betting a draw out of position. It struck me as likelier that he was playing a draw or testing if his top pair was good. An underpair like JJ or 10-10 was also a possibility in my mind, although something tells me that he might have popped me preflop if he had pockets as vulnerable as JJ/10-10.When he pushed after I checked to him, I reviewed the information I had given him, which was that I probably have top pair but not top kicker. I reasoned two possibilities:1) he smelled me as not fully confident in my hand and was pushing to either move me off my hand or playing a good draw. Here the holdings are Q10 and Q9 probably, with them being suited, and also possibly a pure bluff.2) he was playing QJ or a monster draw like 79c, where I am clearly not a favorite.I reasoned that with a set (66,88,JJ) or overpair, he would make more of a value bet that wouldn't give me odds for a flush if I somehow donked the flop raise and was still on a draw.So given my reasoning, and getting 2-1 on my money, I made this call. In the end, the villain flipped over AKo and I took down the pot.But I'd like to hear your thoughts on the reasoning above.

in my point of view folding this preflop is definitly not out of the question but I think a raise seems a lot better option than a limp,at least you can realistically put you're opponent on a range of hands when he called the raise.just a donks opinion :club:
I agree. From middle position I'm either going to raise with KQo or dump it altogether preflop. The only time I might limp with it is when I'm looking to vary my play a little. Sometimes I play it from MP, sometimes I don't. But I definitely don't throw it away every time from that position. Depends on the table. Mine was loose enough overall where I felt comfortable doing that.
Not much of a read on the villain other than he's aggressive. Not sure if tight or loose since he sat down about 10 minutes ago and has taken down a couple pots already without having to show down.
just out of curiosity, how did the villain play during the rest of the session?