Should I Get Poker Tracker?

It depends on how you define successful. Your average recreational player hoping to break even or win small probably doesn't need it. I think it's a must for anyone who wants to get serious about analyzing and improving their game.

I think its a big help, you can see what are your biggest winners and loosers, as well as your profits from the blinds. On top of that you can replay hands which is always great to see how you misplayed them, missed profit, etc. Definently worth it in my opinion

I'd say it's needed for 3 things1) BR tracking. You can see what levels you win at, your win rate, etc.2) Offline analysis of your play. What hands/positions are you playing poorly? Are your stats optimal for the games you play in?3) With GT+ or PAHUD, makes multi-tabling with "reads" a possibility. Picking up reads on your own for 1 or 2 tables is probably better, but when you're 4-tabling, yo uwont have time to do it, so use PT to read your opponents for you.If you're serious about poker, PT is a must IMO.

You don't need pokertracker to be successful at online poker at all.However, if you really want to be successful at the higher limits, I think pokertracker is a must.If you are a multitabler, then it is even more useful in accordance with PAHUD.

You don't need pokertracker to be successful at online poker at all.However, if you really want to be successful at the higher limits, I think pokertracker is a must.If you are a multitabler, then it is even more useful in accordance with PAHUD.
I just ran all of my hands through PT again today and realized how much my game has improved over the last few months. I noticed an alarming trend in the amount of money I lost in the blinds, so I started to play a little bit tighter there. Upon inspection now, I love where I'm at.As has been stated, PT or comparable software is a must for real serious players. It's amazing what you can find.

The basics of PT are pretty easy to setup. The software in NOT pretty however. Clearly designed by a programmer and not a user interface expert.The biggest problem with using PT is that you need to go elsewhere to find out how to interpret the stats. For example PT might tell you that you "voluntarily put $ in the pot" 22% of the time. It won't tell you if that's too much, too little or just right. And of course as in most everything with poker the answer depends on a lot of other factors - what limits you're playing and fullring vs short-handed mostly.The other problem with PT is that it's pretty much useless until you give it a decent amount of data to work with. If you're trying to figure out if you play too many or too few hands pre-flop that might but 5K hands. If you're trying to figure out if you can profitably play ATs from EP you'll need 100K or more hands.I think the best way to start with PT is to just get it, collect data and pretty much leave it alone for a few weeks. Then as you start building up data you'll start figuring out how to use it.

you dont 'need' any program to be a winning player.it helps those that use it, but you don't have to use it. i know a lot of people that use it for multi-tabling cause it essentially tracks other people so you know how they play before you start playing with them.And of course it tracks your own stats and the such...i use an excel sheet to track my own stats...but i've never really used poker tracker extensively...im pretty good at analyzing my own play and that of other's without the program, so I don't really care to use it.I'm pretty sure it's website is pokertracker.com- Jordan