It's an oft-encountered thread...and pardon the blasphemy.Bodog 2/4 NLHE (7-handed)UTG $1,030MP1 $241Cobalt $380Cobalt is MP2 w/ K :club: K :D. Cobalt has been getting kicked around (bubbling like mad) in expensive STTs all night and decides to play some cash games.Pre-flop:UTG raises to $15So the question is...can you fold?Okay...more info. UTG is fairly new to the table and ran up his stack on a rush. He just won a $750 pot the hand before when he played top two aggressively and got called by a worst two pair.Given this info...can you fold?

Let me preface everything by saying I've never played 2/4 NL online... so my perception of the frequency of AA on the ol' EP raise/push line preflop might be distorted.Given the information, I'd be more inclined to call. Money doesn't seem real online, and after winning a big pot by playing aggressively, I think a man's range widens for the preflop raise/push.And a widened range is a good thing when you're really only worried about 1 hand.You just have to be able to not put an axe through the computer if he has AQ and hits.So, given the info, I am incapable of folding here.

Okay...doesn't look like we're going to get much discussion. The answer of course is 'no'. You cannot fold...because your overzealous opponent is overplaying JJ. :-)

It's an oft-encountered thread...and pardon the blasphemy.Bodog 2/4 NLHE (7-handed)UTG $1,030MP1 $241Cobalt $380Cobalt is MP2 w/ K :club: K :D. Cobalt has been getting kicked around (bubbling like mad) in expensive STTs all night and decides to play some cash games.Pre-flop:UTG raises to $15So the question is...can you fold?Okay...more info. UTG is fairly new to the table and ran up his stack on a rush. He just won a $750 pot the hand before when he played top two aggressively and got called by a worst two pair.Given this info...can you fold?
I wouldn't fold. He's betting all your chips not all his chips, so moving all in doesn't indicate as strong of a hand. I would guess that he's probably overplaying a middle pair and you have him dominated.
Okay...doesn't look like we're going to get much discussion. The answer of course is 'no'. You cannot fold...because your overzealous opponent is overplaying JJ. :-)
Sweet I hit the nail on the head. He probably shouldn't have reraised that hand preflop. I think your raise to 55 indicates alot of strength and if he were playing a little more cerebrally, he would've probably realized you were pot committed. If he smooth calls then, he'll go broke on some flops and save his money on others.
You don't lay down KK pre flop unless you are playing smash.
NL is for suckers.I could teach a retarded monkey to play NL.
I don't think Smash plays much NL.Call the push if you like money.

he doesn't. but there's plenty of lil smasharoo's out there who really believe his system was intended to be used exactly as said, and didn't realize the bigger message he was trying to convey.Which is basically, make a big hand cheap, then slam the hammer down.Oh thats another thing.Hand Exampleyou have 77. you're on button, 4 person game.UTG raises 6x (he raises this much with the top 5/6 hands, usually he just does 3x or limps), you call, sb folds, bb folds.Let's say the pot is $10, you have $100 left , he has $110.Flop comes 972.He bets out $12 ( you're 95% sure he has AA-QQ now), I've noticed that AK / AQ on a continuation bet tend to bet half pot to 3/4 pot. Sometimes they'll bet pot, but thats rare (not saying it doesn't happen, just what i've noticed).It's time to jam the pot, get all your money in the middle. Don't min-raise him, get all $100 in the middle, or at least a sizeable enough raise that he is putting the money in on the turn no matter what. Don't give him information by giving him a small raise on the flop and then the turn. If he has QQ/JJ if an A or K comes down he's slowing down anyway.if you hit a set why would you put it all in? wouldn't you slow play? I might be protecting the 9. All things will be goin' through his head.The big thing here is a player who can be read that easily when he has AA/KK/QQ won't realize you read him for AA/KK/QQ he wont realize how transparent he is being, so he won't be like 'he knows i have AA/KK/QQ and he's still going all in, therefore I have to fold', he'll go, 'wtf, i've got the nuts, i'll take his money'.I'd advocate the same play for 97 as well, if you hit 2 pair.Funny, just finished typing this out then realized i was responding to the wrong post. O well, I'm sure it'll still be read :club:.

Sweet I hit the nail on the head. He probably shouldn't have reraised that hand preflop. I think your raise to 55 indicates alot of strength and if he were playing a little more cerebrally, he would've probably realized you were pot committed. If he smooth calls then, he'll go broke on some flops and save his money on others.
ummm I dont think that he is by any means pot committed here. The pot is 435$ and he has 325$ so if he has a hand like ak, aq or even qq many players may fold here, rather than risk his whole stack, but with kk in a cash game its tough to fold here given the info