any good but less-known tells?

I've read the Book of Tells by Mike Caro but I was wondering if there were any other good tells that haven't been published before. In the book by Annie Duke, she mentions that she checks out a person's normal blink rate because when they are bluffing, they will tend to blink more rapidly. Any other good reliable ones out there?

Also, when the player with a good hand has the deck, he will always be very careful to make sure everyone knows he is not cheating. Also, if he has a bad hand, he might hurry the game up so he can pass the deal. If he has a good hand, he will be patient to try not to draw any attention to himself.

I think really all you need to remember is Caro's part where he says that you don't need to recognize every actual tell, but just figure out what the motive is behind a given action. Once you do that, you can figure out what it means as far as hand strength.

this one only works in home games with rotating dealers. if the dealer adjusts the flop after he lays it out to straighten out the cards, he missed it completely. i noticed this about 2 years ago and its been a reliable tell for me ever since.
That is sick. I've noticed I do funny things when I deal, and I realize that there is indeed a tell there for me, but now it's clear that I have this tell.
this one only works in home games with rotating dealers. if the dealer adjusts the flop after he lays it out to straighten out the cards, he missed it completely. i noticed this about 2 years ago and its been a reliable tell for me ever since.
It's not a tell you'd catch me on. I get told off in my home game for straightening the cards, even when I'm not dealing......and I've folded.There's nothing I hate more than a crooked board.I'm playing tomorrow night and my homework is to look for tells, it's an aspect of my game that I've not worked on before even though I know it's important.I liked this from "The Professor, The Banker and The Suicide King.""That's when the cowboy plunged the dagger into my neck.'show us your pocket kings.'I can still hear that sneer today as if I was carelessly playing the game with my cards face up.I sheepishly turned over my winning king-king. Morosely stacking my chips, I broke protocol and asked the cowboy, 'How did you put me on kings?''When the suicide king came on the turn, I thought I saw your adams apple move a little.'"

Players who prompt the action are generally trying to get to their turn more quickly so they can play their big hand.Players who insta-bet are generally bluffing.Players normally do not use their large-denomination chips to bet unless they have a real hand. (they value them more, and know you do too. So they won't risk them unnecessarily, and may try to entice you into calling if you see some green, black, pink, or yellow (whatever the case is for your game) out there). So I tend to call a pile of reds more quickly than a couple green.Players who act belligerent are trying to get your testosterone up so you will call.Just off the top of my head.

Players who prompt the action are generally trying to get to their turn more quickly so they can play their big hand.Players who insta-bet are generally bluffing.Players normally do not use their large-denomination chips to bet unless they have a real hand. (they value them more, and know you do too. So they won't risk them unnecessarily, and may try to entice you into calling if you see some green, black, pink, or yellow (whatever the case is for your game) out there). So I tend to call a pile of reds more quickly than a couple green.Players who act belligerent are trying to get your testosterone up so you will call.Just off the top of my head.
yeah i agree with you on thati do that a lot if i want to throw out a "feeler bet" ill bet my lowere denomination chips and wait to bet my higher chips for another timeand the flop thing, in home games one of my friends is sometimes the automatc dealer for the night since hes pretty good and someone noticed that when he flipped out the flop he staired at cards that made him a pair or trips for like 2 seconds,
this one only works in home games with rotating dealers.  if the dealer adjusts the flop after he lays it out to straighten out the cards, he missed it completely.  i noticed this about 2 years ago and its been a reliable tell for me ever since.
It's not a tell you'd catch me on. I get told off in my home game for straightening the cards, even when I'm not dealing......and I've folded.There's nothing I hate more than a crooked board.I'm playing tomorrow night and my homework is to look for tells, it's an aspect of my game that I've not worked on before even though I know it's important.I liked this from "The Professor, The Banker and The Suicide King.""That's when the cowboy plunged the dagger into my neck.'show us your pocket kings.'I can still hear that sneer today as if I was carelessly playing the game with my cards face up.I sheepishly turned over my winning king-king. Morosely stacking my chips, I broke protocol and asked the cowboy, 'How did you put me on kings?''When the suicide king came on the turn, I thought I saw your adams apple move a little.'"
yeah its a very good book i finished it about 2 weeks ago. on a side not if you ever touched the flop when you weren't the dealer in my home game i'd probably chop you fucking hand off. serious players don't like people doing it because if you allow this type of activity you get people palming chips, etc.
on a side not if you ever touched the flop when you weren't the dealer in my home game i'd probably chop you fucking hand off. serious players don't like people doing it because if you allow this type of activity you get people palming chips, etc.
It's a pretty friendly game and my friends forgive my eccentricities.I did very well this weekend, and tripled my money. I did look out for tells the most obvious being my friend who gave a big smile when he was looking at his hole cards. So I guess a good tip would be to watch everyone look at their cards before you look at yours.I have a question.One of my friends has a specific big raise which he likes to make quite often, most times he likes to spread the chips out (a la KGB) whereas on Friday night on a couple of occasions he pushed his raise in, almost timidly in a stack. Do you think the spreading of the chips shows confidence in a good hand, or is it a show of strength to bluff?
One of my friends has a specific big raise which he likes to make quite often, most times he likes to spread the chips out (a la KGB) whereas on Friday night on a couple of occasions he pushed his raise in, almost timidly in a stack. Do you think the spreading of the chips shows confidence in a good hand, or is it a show of strength to bluff?
Generally this is a bluff, unless he is way too comfortable doing it. This could actually be one of the situations where Caro talks about conflicting tells. The spreading of the chips would be "strong means weak," meaning that he was bluffing. If he did not show any form of discomfort, that would appear to be a genuine tell, meaning that the comfort shows that he is not bluffing. Therefore, you have to make an assessment as to what is really going on. It's difficult for any of us to help you out, cause we can't see him and you can. GL man.